Page 291 of 613 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I’ve given two Examples of her doing so.
    All you did was assume her costume wasn't made of Unstable Molecules because it was not stated (specifically) in her Solo Book. But, let's run with that a moment -- If Ororo can manipulate matter at the molecular level as you've stated -- then she should have no problem turn gold into lead, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-03-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yup, she did it twice in her Solo Book. Again the costume she was wearing in her Solo Book was not stated to have Unstable Molecules. That was her Classic Costume. Completely Different.
    exactly. first we have to remember ororo is an energy manipulator who specializes in weather. second once understanding this and knowing that all forms of matter are composed of energy by way of atoms (protons, neutrons, and electrons) her being able to change clothes on a molecular level shouldnt be too farfetched.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

I thought Storm was a candidate for sorcerer supreme before she even touched some of her magic potential. Is she not here or am I overlooking her?

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

I thought Storm was a candidate for sorcerer supreme before she even touched some of her magic potential. Is she not here or am I overlooking her?
    are those all the candidates??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are those all the candidates??
    Yes but I don't see her

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Yes but I don't see her
    they probably just forgot.

Incredible Member

they probably just forgot.
    That was a 2009 issue

Incredible Member

I don't know how to explain this feat though?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm's ancestor Ayesha was the Sorceror Supreme. Due to her magical potential, Storm is listed as a High Priestess by the Mystic Arcana as was her great-great grandmother Ashake.
    Not actively using her magical potential would exclude her from being a current SS candidate.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm's ancestor Ayesha was the Sorceror Supreme. Due to her magical potential, Storm is listed as a High Priestess by the Mystic Arcana as was her great-great grandmother Ashake.
    Not actively using her magical potential would exclude her from being a current SS candidate.
    I agree. But the level of her Magic alone just via her Bloodline is so OP. She is still listed to SS as if to say if a
    Windriders exist in your time safe beat she should be the one. And two she's been tapping into it without any form of training. Everything is pure instinct or natural abilities, from her sensing Magic with being able to smell them and sometimes seeing through them or over coming them. And as of late in BP she's been flexing a little more.
    From Death Limbo to Advaseray.
    Though she doesn't count, I always found it ridiculous that Belasco RULER of Limbo at the time could not kill Storm for like 80 years. That is a true testimony.

Absolutely.

She has the potential, no doubt.
    But with other SS candidates in this 616 time-line who are far stronger and more experienced magic users than she at the moment...it seems her destiny may lie elsewhere.
    To that...

Her Goddess potential is divine-based not magic-based...although there is speculatively a very fine line of distinction there should a writer be interested in exploring it.
    And consider...
    Stephen Strange and the other Sorcerors Supreme are powerful, yes but they are not Gods.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Thanks, I went through it. It was interesting to read the material, bringing back memories from the TAS series.

Yup, she did it twice in her Solo Book. Again the costume she was wearing in her Solo Book was not stated to have Unstable Molecules. That was her Classic Costume. Completely Different.
    Yep, I agree with the above and I reread her solo series just to confirm it, still dislike the colours and the way they draw the comic, it doesn't seem as modern and elegant as today. I've noticed something else in the solos, she clearly states that Gambit shouldn't trust magic, I think this is what stops her from using her Magic Potential, she doesn't trust magic.

Absolutely.

But with other SS candidates in this 616 time-line who are far stronger and more experienced magic users than she at the moment...it seems her destiny may lie elsewhere.
    To that...

Her Goddess potential is divine-based not magic-based...although there is speculatively a very fine line of distinction there should a writer be interested in exploring it.
    And consider...
    Stephen Strange and the other Sorcerors Supreme are powerful, yes but they are not Gods.
    And yes for the above, I believe they will concentrate on her Godhood, I don't think they will concentrate upon her Magic Potential, they could but first, they need to get her to that Magic School/Academy where she can harness it and learn how to use it, which will take at least one Comic Series and I still think that I prefer her as a Goddess than SS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    All you did was assume her costume wasn't made of Unstable Molecules because it was not stated (specifically) in her Solo Book. But, let's run with that a moment -- If Ororo can manipulate matter at the molecular level as you've stated -- then she should have no problem turn gold into lead, right?
    I did not Assume. I gave proof. You have not proven your case what you are doing is assuming. You are forgetting Storm is an Energy Manipulator. I don’t know how much proof you need to bite you. She did it Twice in her solo. Both which were Regular Clothes into her costume. Show Us Proof that her Costume had Unstable Molecules until then? She can do exactly what others are stating.

exactly. first we have to remember ororo is an energy manipulator who specializes in weather. second once understanding this and knowing that all forms of matter are composed of energy by way of atoms (protons, neutrons, and electrons) her being able to change clothes on a molecular level shouldnt be too farfetched.
    Exactly. That’s why I said she did it Twice in her Solo Book. I don’t know what else to say about that. If I’m wrong I’d like to see proof that her Costume was Stated to Have Unstable Molecules.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post

Yep, I agree with the above and I reread her solo series just to confirm it, still dislike the colours and the way they draw the comic, it doesn't seem as modern and elegant as today. I've noticed something else in the solos, she clearly states that Gambit shouldn't trust magic, I think this is what stops her from using her Magic Potential, she doesn't trust magic.

See!!! I told ya. She did it Twice. If we are to believe that the Clothes she was wearing during that Point in time of her characterization. I’m sure they would have Mentioned Storms costume had Unstable Molecules that’s why she changed it. But they didn’t say anything. Therefore, you cannot Assume her costume had Unstable Molecules without proof. That’s all I’m saying really.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-04-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Absolutely.

To that...

And consider...
    Divine from my knowledge in comics is just holy magical energy. So technically she's using magic

If you say so...