Page 122 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 9190

X of Swords is a tarot card(10 of swords), that signifies ruin. I wonder where Hickman will take this(but it is nice to see Storm large and in charge in this image)?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

storm in preview wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Here's a bigger pic.

This seems...interesting. Have any details about this event been released?

I wonder if the Lightning Sword that Storm is wielding will have any special history.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I wonder if the Lightning Sword that Storm is wielding will have any special history.
    its probably just to be thematic to storm, like armor/iceman/cyclops have swords themed after their powers

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

http://wmqcomics.com/news/marvel-ann...ver-this-july/

Here's the article I found.

Nearly a year ago, Jonathan Hickman and Marvel announced “House of X” and “Powers of X,” two series that changed the landscape of the X-Men forever. This year, at C2E2 in Chicago, they announced the new X-line’s first event: “X of Swords.”

The following is solicit text from Marvel:

Mutant Massacre. Age of Apocalypse. Messiah Complex. Some of the most iconic X-Men stories ever told have been realized as large-scale crossovers. This longstanding tradition continues this summer with X OF SWORDS.

Just announced to an enthusiastic crowd of X-Men fans at the X-Men Panel at C2E2, X OF SWORDS will be a 15-part crossover tying into your favorite X-Titles and led by Head of X Jonathan Hickman. In this sprawling saga, the new mutant nation of Krakoa faces their biggest challenge yet. Threatened by powerful forces from the unknown, ten mutants will rise up to defend their home. Arming themselves with legendary blades, both new and familiar ones from Marvel history, mutantkind will finally meet its mystical destiny. Impacting the entire X-Men franchise and setting the stage for the future of mutantkind, X OF SWORDS will be a modern X-Men epic that both longtime and new X-Men fans dare not miss.

“One of the cool things we are able to do now, because we’ve established the X-line and really know where we’re going, is that we’re able to try some different things out,” said Hickman. “X of Swords will be an old school crossover that meanders through the entire line. It’s almost like chapters of a story.”

I read the most recent Black Panther issue and I really liked Storm's feat, although I do feel like it was somewhat undermined rather quickly. I really liked the art tho and Storm did look dope.

I also read X-men/Fantastic Four #2 and was disappointed with Storm's portrayal. I wanted Storm to have a greater role in this cross-over but so far its been underwhelming.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its probably just to be thematic to storm, like armor/iceman/cyclops have swords themed after their powers
    True. After looking at it again I agree with you 100%.

http://wmqcomics.com/news/marvel-ann...ver-this-july/

Here's the article I found.

Nearly a year ago, Jonathan Hickman and Marvel announced “House of X” and “Powers of X,” two series that changed the landscape of the X-Men forever. This year, at C2E2 in Chicago, they announced the new X-line’s first event: “X of Swords.”

The following is solicit text from Marvel:

Mutant Massacre. Age of Apocalypse. Messiah Complex. Some of the most iconic X-Men stories ever told have been realized as large-scale crossovers. This longstanding tradition continues this summer with X OF SWORDS.

Just announced to an enthusiastic crowd of X-Men fans at the X-Men Panel at C2E2, X OF SWORDS will be a 15-part crossover tying into your favorite X-Titles and led by Head of X Jonathan Hickman. In this sprawling saga, the new mutant nation of Krakoa faces their biggest challenge yet. Threatened by powerful forces from the unknown, ten mutants will rise up to defend their home. Arming themselves with legendary blades, both new and familiar ones from Marvel history, mutantkind will finally meet its mystical destiny. Impacting the entire X-Men franchise and setting the stage for the future of mutantkind, X OF SWORDS will be a modern X-Men epic that both longtime and new X-Men fans dare not miss.

“One of the cool things we are able to do now, because we’ve established the X-line and really know where we’re going, is that we’re able to try some different things out,” said Hickman. “X of Swords will be an old school crossover that meanders through the entire line. It’s almost like chapters of a story.”
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna take a wait-and-see approach with this. I'm not really feeling the current direction of the X-verse and 15 parts does seem like a lot. If it gets positive reviews then I might pick it up.

I have been reading over Hickman's older Marvel works(on FF, Avengers, and now Secret Wars). He does like long epics, so the 15 part story makes sense. If he's writing the whole thing, it will probably be worth it. I think this new era is fascinating, I applaud his ambition, and I am curious to see where he goes, but I agree, the tone is misgiving, and now having read his older works, I am certain it will take a steep, dark twist before long, but he always leaves a kernel of sentimentality, a drop of hope, so we'll see.

He's a great storyteller I am certain of that now. He loves repetition and symmetry. It's all very sophisticated and rich. I just find his aesthetics a bit too bleak, too nihilistic, for my liking. I think X-Men needs a bit more heart and warmth and sense of wonder. Hickman is the type to have it all figured out, and it blossoms amazingly at the crescendo, right where he planned, but it's still a bit too harsh and cold. It's strange, because he can do warmth and family really well when he wants to, and he adds touches here and there, but overall it's not his flavor.

I have been reading over Hickman's older Marvel works(on FF, Avengers, and now Secret Wars). He does like long epics, so the 15 part story makes sense. If he's writing the whole thing, it will probably be worth it. I think this new era is fascinating, I applaud his ambition, and I am curious to see where he goes, but I agree, the tone is misgiving, and now having read his older works, I am certain it will take a steep, dark twist before long, but he always leaves a kernel of sentimentality, a drop of hope, so we'll see.

He's a great storyteller I am certain of that now. He loves repetition and symmetry. It's all very sophisticated and rich. I just find his aesthetics a bit too bleak, too nihilistic, for my liking. I think X-Men needs a bit more heart and warmth and sense of wonder. Hickman is the type to have it all figured out, and it blossoms amazingly at the crescendo, right where he planned, but it's still a bit too harsh and cold. It's strange, because he can do warmth and family really well when he wants to, and he adds touches here and there, but overall it's not his flavor.
    Agreed about Hickman. He likes to play the long game and really put the characters thru the wringer. This sense of prosperity that the mutants feel now is going to come crashing down for them in a big way. Things will certainly take a turn for the worst for the X-verse very soon. I would love for their to be more warmth and wonder within the X-verse. I feel like its been lacking in that for years now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    storm in preview wolverine
    AWWW DAMN. Storm got mind-controlled here....UGH!

Didn't Ashake invent tarot cards? I'd love for Storm to at least tap into her mystic heritage, all the mystical talk got me kinda excited for her, I'd be shocked if she wasn't chosen as one of the 10 with her magic potential.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ah thanks, i knew it was some kind of cat.

Thinking about it know couldn't the lion and panther (if it is one) be a representation of bast and her brother Hathor-Sekmet who is the Lion God. would also explain storm's cat like eyes. Not to mention it would make sense if Storm is growing in divinity her deity ancestors would be guarding her divine tree especially if that would be her "paternal" connection in Bast brother. Though it could also be a maternal connection as Basth and her brother can take the form of male or female, both are also directly related to Gaia and the elder gods as well which wouldn't mess with Osthur blessing them again later.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hatho...et_(Earth-616)
    excellent points boo!!! I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Discussion time brothers and sisters.

Why is it that some like to denounce Storm's feats if they're not performed within an X-book? But in the same breath turn around and acknowledge fears other characters have performed outside of their own mythos?

I'm not sure if we had to go off of the xoffices all storm would be able to would be shoot lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Ororo with a lightning sword.
    A preview of a cover for a special in the summer, X of Swords, from the panel at C2e2.
    Attachment 93869
    thanks boo
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    you know seeing this scan now makes me wonder if it is really even energy sight or can be classified as such. It seems more like an internal sense or energy patterns. I mean in the image above she is inside a cocoon healing inside the Acanti and in theory she is looking through the eyes of the Acanti and still interpreting the world around her as patterns of energy but through the eyes of another using her abilities. Never really wondered about it.
    well her perception to perceive patterns of energy has canonically been tied to what she can visually see; however, internal perception vs visual perception I dont think changes anything. moreover, we see her face, or consciousness, looking at the area of space they are fighting as she becomes connected to all those energies so it could still be interpreted as her visually perceiving these patterns
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Armor was one the chosen Swordsmen due to how her powers are connected to her ancestors.

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡