Page 143 of 531 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 7964
  1. #2131
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    16-years old? I never saw her as anything other than an adult, I didn't even realize reading Giant Size that she was supposed to be a minor. I don't think she was ever meant to be a goddess though? Like Charles clearly states she is not a goddess but rather a mutant.
    in a later issue written by lobdell she was stated to be older than colossus and nightcrawler she was recruited. not sure what age that would place her at.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #2132
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    couldn't ororo make lightning bolts as big as planet, or hurricane as large as planet ?


    do his fans think he can do what he has shown with the hammer?
    I don't know....you tell me. Do we have any feats or proof that it's a Possibility? What has Storm done to say she can? The Lightning in Space is the ONLY thing I can think of.

    When it comes to Thor fans they believe he can replicate any affect Storm has done and MORE. I challenge that every time I get because they are wrong.

    I don't mind admitting that Thor can beat Storm or Thor is more powerful than Storm(For NOW until we get Goddess Storm Feats we shall see), but for some reason he's better than Storm at Weather Manipulating?

    No, that's a Lie.

  3. #2133
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    couldn't ororo make lightning bolts as big as planet, or hurricane as large as planet ?


    do his fans think he can do what he has shown with the hammer?
    Do this for me.

    I want you to list every Weather Phenomenon that Storm has EVERY created on Earth and I can tell you if Thor has done that WITH or WITHOUT his Hammer.

  4. #2134
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't know....you tell me. Do we have any feats or proof that it's a Possibility? What has Storm done to say she can? The Lightning in Space is the ONLY thing I can think of.

    When it comes to Thor fans they believe he can replicate any affect Storm has done and MORE. I challenge that every time I get because they are wrong.

    I don't mind admitting that Thor can beat Storm or Thor is more powerful than Storm(For NOW until we get Goddess Storm Feats we shall see), but for some reason he's better than Storm at Weather Manipulating?

    No, that's a Lie.
    well before I go into feats as an omega mutant by definition those things SHOULD BE achievable. shes done a couple of global feats so I should be possible to replicate the same.

    well I would argue he could if he was shown to do it with hammer. the thing is though is that he hasnt done the stuff she has even with his hammer.

    yea I would agree, especially when he cant replicate certain feats without his hammer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #2135
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well before I go into feats as an omega mutant by definition those things SHOULD BE achievable. shes done a couple of global feats so I should be possible to replicate the same.

    well I would argue he could if he was shown to do it with hammer. the thing is though is that he hasnt done the stuff she has even with his hammer.

    yea I would agree, especially when he cant replicate certain feats without his hammer.
    Exactly, therefore Storm is Better.

    I'm sorry Thor Fans she is. It's not that hard of a Pill to swallow.

    Edit: ALSO, if you consider the fact that there is a Living Cosmic Storm INSIDE his Hammer. That is doing all these BIG feats for Thor. It begs the question........can Thor even Manipulate the Weather at all. I mean a Living Cosmic Storm seems to be doing all the work.

    So, who is REALLY manipulating the Weather using the Hammer? Thor or the Mother Storm inside the Hammer??????
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-09-2020 at 06:14 PM.

  6. #2136
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't know....you tell me. Do we have any feats or proof that it's a Possibility? What has Storm done to say she can? The Lightning in Space is the ONLY thing I can think of.

    When it comes to Thor fans they believe he can replicate any affect Storm has done and MORE. I challenge that every time I get because they are wrong.

    I don't mind admitting that Thor can beat Storm or Thor is more powerful than Storm(For NOW until we get Goddess Storm Feats we shall see), but for some reason he's better than Storm at Weather Manipulating?

    No, that's a Lie.
    Here the problem...when they say Thor has made lightning bigger than a planet. Are they talking about Thor or Mother of Thunder/Storms who was trapped inside of Mjolnir?

    Thor's weather powers without the Mother are still untested and from what I've seen without Mjolnir are way below Storm.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly, therefore Storm is Better.

    I'm sorry Thor Fans she is. It's not that hard of a Pill to swallow.

    Edit: ALSO, if you consider the fact that there is a Living Cosmic Storm INSIDE his Hammer. That is doing all these BIG feats for Thor. It begs the question........can Thor even Manipulate the Weather at all. I mean a Living Cosmic Storm seems to be doing all the work.

    So, who is REALLY manipulating the Weather using the Hammer? Thor or the Mother Storm inside the Hammer??????
    Dang it, you said it before I could post it...lol
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  7. #2137
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Here the problem...when they say Thor has made lightning bigger than a planet. Are they talking about Thor or Mother of Thunder/Storms who was trapped inside of Mjolnir?

    Thor's weather powers without the Mother are still untested and from what I've seen without Mjolnir are way below Storm.



    Dang it, you said it before I could post it...lol
    HAHAHA beat ya too it.

    But for the most part you're right. I just feel like Thor fans are refusing to believe this fact. I mean Thor trumps Storm in Stats already. Let her have this 1 thing above Thor.

  8. #2138
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    in a later issue written by lobdell she was stated to be older than colossus and nightcrawler she was recruited. not sure what age that would place her at.
    I don't recall her being older than Nightcrawler, but I for sure remember the statement about Peter. Colossus was stated to be 19 when he joined the X-Men. I always put Storm and Kurt slightly older than him at 23/24ish, with Scott being a little older at 25/26ish, Banshee being 40ish and Wolverine being older than dirt.

    Now I think it's just supposed to be 10 years that have passed since the 2nd team came aboard, right? So in my mind Storm is mid 30's.

  9. #2139
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I don't recall her being older than Nightcrawler, but I for sure remember the statement about Peter. Colossus was stated to be 19 when he joined the X-Men. I always put Storm and Kurt slightly older than him at 23/24ish, with Scott being a little older at 25/26ish, Banshee being 40ish and Wolverine being older than dirt.

    Now I think it's just supposed to be 10 years that have passed since the 2nd team came aboard, right? So in my mind Storm is mid 30's.
    In Storm's origin story, her birthdate was listed as 1951 and the issue came out in 1976, making her 25 at the time she joined the X-men. Kurt and Piotr were both definitely younger than that. Piotr was 18 at the time he joined (that comes up later when he dates Kitty). I believe Kurt was supposed to be 21

  10. #2140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    16-years old? I never saw her as anything other than an adult, I didn't even realize reading Giant Size that she was supposed to be a minor. I don't think she was ever meant to be a goddess though? Like Charles clearly states she is not a goddess but rather a mutant.
    Len Wein only wrote her for one issue, so his(and Dave Cockrum's) ideas for her(as a timeless youthful goddess from Kenya) were quickly thrown out of the window by Claremont, who did age her at 24(and an American birth/father) fairly early on.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #2141
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HAHAHA beat ya too it.

    But for the most part you're right. I just feel like Thor fans are refusing to believe this fact. I mean Thor trumps Storm in Stats already. Let her have this 1 thing above Thor.
    I agree. He is still a bad ass without the weather powers.
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  12. #2142
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,108

    Default

    W.I.P. Really enjoyed Giant Size Emma and Jean pushed Emma up my list so inspired by that.

    orotomunroe0015.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #2143
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    I can't believe you guys are "debating" yet another unimportant, pointless and insipid CBR "List". Those things are trash and are never worth the time nor the effort.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #2144
    Amazing Member thjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    89

    Default

    If we were talking fine tune control, finesse, or understanding weather itself I would probably go with Storm for sure, but in terms of pure power Thor definitely trumps her. Storm has said herself that while she has to work with the elements themselves with effort and work to calm a storm, Thor could stop it with a thought. Thor does not have to manipulate or work with what is there like Storm. He can just create or stop incredible weather phenomenon without any effort and can create or stop them immediately through purely mystical means. Given enough time and effort I am sure Storm could match most of what Thor can do on a whim, but that still means Thor is on another level in terms of directly controlling the weather since he doesn't have to mess with all that work. The main reason you don't see a lot of weather feats from Thor is because he is so powerful outside of his weather control powers and usually doesn't need them. Why would he need to whip up a wide spread and destructive storm, tornado, or hurricane when a targeted super lightning bolt, Mjolnir, or even his bare fist can hit just as hard.

  15. #2145
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Do this for me.

    I want you to list every Weather Phenomenon that Storm has EVERY created on Earth and I can tell you if Thor has done that WITH or WITHOUT his Hammer.
    ok... only weather related feats:

    1. manipulate Earth's EM field
    2. create tornado, hurricanes, wind including fly using wind currents
    3. create snow storms/blizzards/hail/flash freeze
    4. heat area to create fires
    5. manipulate ocean mediums, water manipulation
    6. sense temperature shifts
    7. detect unnatural storms, weather phenomenon
    8. manipulate jet stream, air pressure
    9. create flash floods out of thin air
    10. manipulate relative humidity to dehydrate opponents
    11. manipulate air to prevent sound from permeating area.
    12. condense water vapor to create fog in large areas
    13. thunderstorms/lightning/thunderclap


    that's all I can think of off the top of my head lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •