Page 41 of 613 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yes. I didnt even realize N'Jadaka was aware of Ororo. It would appear at some point she is going to be targeted.

As for Shuri and Bast, I loved their interaction. Shuri was straightforward and didnt hold back in making Bast aware the wakandans didn't need her. Bast tried to flex her powers but shuri correctly called her out for them not needing her. It was a very powerful exchange.

Yes, I love grown up Shuri. What she told Bast was right on target. She left the Prime Earth Wakandans for what she thought were greener pastures, and we see how that turned out for her. But Shuri was smart not to close the door to receiving Bast's help either. She just knew better than to base their war plan around Bast.

As for N'Jadaka's knowledge of Ororo, Coates wrote an issue that showed the Wakandans of his time knew of the Hadari Yao. The issue was more geared toward seeing that knowledge in panel scenes with Nakia but I guess the leap could be that, because Ororo was associated with Prime Earth's BP, that those other Wakandans knew about her as well. There was also some prophecy about a T'Challa coming and rescuing them and that he would have prophetic dreams. Those dreams, in reality, were the few recurring memories a brain-wiped T'Challa managed to keep of Ororo, although he had no context to his visions.

I really wish Coates did more with this part. Or maybe he doesn't have to. I think T'Challa's "visions" of Ororo has been overshadowed by other stuff, like her "confrontation" with Nakia. What Coates did that was so powerful and utterly pro Ororo and T'Challa, was having T'Challa lose every bit of his memories except for one or two linked to Ororo. He dreamt of her and their last night together for the entirety of his time away. He had no more information to go on other than her face and her words for him to come back to her. But, I think, especially in the beginning, that's what drove him. After Bast restored his memory, that drive to return home kicked in with a strong force. He wasn't just fighting against N'Jadaka but he was fighting to get back to his loved ones.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-23-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, I love grown up Shuri. What she told Bast was right on target. She left the Prime Earth Wakandans for what she thought were greener pastures, and we see how that turned. But Shuri was smart not to close the door to receiving Bast's help either. She just knew better than to base their war plan around Bast.

As for N'Jadaka's knowledge of Ororo, Coates wrote an issue that showed the Wakandans of his time knew of the Hadari Yao. The issue was more geared toward seeing that knowledge in panel scenes with Nakia but I guess the leap could be that, because Ororo was associated with Prime Earth's BP, that those other Wakandans knew about her as well. There was also some prophecy about a T'Challa coming and rescuing them and that he would have prophetic dreams. Those dreams, in reality, were the few recurring memories a brain-wiped T'Challa managed to keep of Ororo, although he had no context to his visions.

I really wish Coates did more with this part. Or maybe he doesn't have to.I think his "visions" of Ororo has been overshadowed by other stuff, like her "confrontation" with Nakia. What Coates did that was so powerful and utterly pro Ororo and T'Challa was having T'Challa lose every bit of his memories except for one or two linked to Ororo. He dreamt of her and their last night together for the entirety of his time away. He had no more information to go on that her face and a few words telling him to come back to her. But, I think, especially in the beginning, that's what drove him. After Bast restored his memory, that drive to return home kicked in with a strong force. He wasn't just fighting against N'Jadaka but he was fighting to get back to his loved ones.
    1. some people tend to give coates a hard time for his depiction of wakanda but I think his approach with addressing all the destructive events of the past Shuris response was not only realistic but long overdue. Bast is supposed to be wakandas protector but where was she? Now she wants to flex her muscle wanting them to respect her? Good for Shuri!!

2. You make an excellent point. Ororo, the Hadari Yao, was a being of legend to the galatic Wakandans so this is probably how he is aware of her power. When was the prophecy of tchalla returning to save everyone? I'm so curious what he does to take njadaka out as he believes this fleet will be unstoppable. Does he not know of the power tchalla allies have?

3. I also thought the visions of Ororo were powerful. Her being the one thing that stayed tethered to his mind after having his memory wiped was so beautiful. All of what you said is spot on. Their love truly can survive anything.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

1. some people tend to give coates a hard time for his depiction of wakanda but I think his approach with addressing all the destructive events of the past Shuris response was not only realistic but long overdue. Bast is supposed to be wakandas protector but where was she? Now she wants to flex her muscle wanting them to respect her? Good for Shuri!!

2. You make an excellent point. Ororo, the Hadari Yao, was a being of legend to the galatic Wakandans so this is probably how he is aware of her power. When was the prophecy of tchalla returning to save everyone? I'm so curious what he does to take njadaka out as he believes this fleet will be unstoppable. Does he not know of the power tchalla allies have?

3. I also thought the visions of Ororo were powerful. Her being the one thing that stayed tethered to his mind after having his memory wiped was so beautiful. All of what you said is spot on. Their love truly can survive anything.
    I'll try to find you scans when I have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I'll try to find you scans when I have a chance.
    sounds good. did you read mauraders? I think ororo about to go off in that book too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

2F7A1C65-2BD1-4326-9641-C4F33DDA0FD5.jpg

Soooooo not to be the bearer of (often false) optimism but... Storm is the only one on this Children on the Atom cover without a child connection.... and this is VitaÂ’s book that we suspected might feature Ororo due to his suggestive Storm doll tweet. IÂ’m thinking maybe she could be a leader/central figure here for the youngins?? Idk Idk Idk but... one can hope lol

Everyone else is directly connected to one of the kids and Ororo is springing forth from the center in the middle on her own. I mean that has to mean something no?!

Attachment 92049

Better pic for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Everyone else is directly connected to one of the kids and Ororo is springing forth from the center in the middle on her own. I mean that has to mean something no?!
    I'm glad she is not connected to any of the kids honestly. if it was it would probably be the mess we got major x and I dont got time for that lol.

She already has too many kids that don't get attention.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    hello!!!

what do you think about mauraders and BP boo?

I'm glad she is not connected to any of the kids honestly. if it was it would probably be the mess we got major x and I dont got time for that lol.
    Lol at both of these replies and very true but I don’t think these kids are supposed to be the “kids” of those X-men they are correlated to. They seem to be kids that were inspired in some way by their A-list X counterparts and Storm seems to be taking on some position in that book, not related to a sidekick herself. Makes sense with this being Vita’s new book and the whole suspicion behind the Storm doll tweet. Not a solo like we’ve wanted for so long but hopefully a book where Ororo has the potential for a good showing/story. We’ll have to wait and see obviously how it all plays out and what the previews look like but I’ve heard good things about Vita’s writing so I’m leaning towards having some hope it might be a good book. We shall see though.

Lol at both of these replies and very true but I don’t think these kids are supposed to be the “kids” of those X-men they are correlated to. They seem to be kids that were inspired in some way by their A-list X counterparts and Storm seems to be taking on some position in that book, not related to a sidekick herself. Makes sense with this being Vita’s new book and the whole suspicion behind the Storm doll tweet. Not a solo like we’ve wanted for so long but hopefully a book where Ororo has the potential for a good showing/story. We’ll have to wait and see obviously how it all plays out and what the previews look like but I’ve heard good things about Vita’s writing so I’m leaning towards having some hope it might be a good book. We shall see though.
    oh I gotcha! yes i personally am over the book lolol.. that little tease by the editor really rubbed me the wrong way. while ororo may not may bot get a spot in book for some upstarts, young cable gets a solo?!?!? who the f@#& asked for that yet we still ain't got out coates/jen book? yuck ugh and no thanks!

hello!!!

what do you think about mauraders and BP boo?
    anigif_sub-buzz-26888-1552051464-7.jpg
    10char
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 01-23-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

of course they had to attach ororo to that bugger of a book, but i guess we will support if she's leading ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    of course they had to attach ororo to that bugger of a book, but i guess we will support if she's leading ...
    If your address the CotA book. Then yeah. Sounds more like a Jean book.
    (Lol. Storm Team book is, sidekicks. Whoo boi. Now i gotta shelve out dollars in hopes of that Coates Bartel Solo)

Attachment 92049

Better pic for you guys
    If they are taking this route with her and these 'sidekicks' (ugh, it pains me to say it)
    They need to recapture her time with NewMutants and combine it with Xforce NXM level realness.

lmfao why not?

oh I gotcha! yes i personally am over the book lolol.. that little tease by the editor really rubbed me the wrong way. while ororo may not may bot get a spot in book for some upstarts, young cable gets a solo?!?!? who the f@#& asked for that yet we still ain't got out coates/jen book? yuck ugh and no thanks!
    I mean, who are we kidding Kyss! Until she gets another solo, none of us are going to be satisfied with anyone else having one lmao. I just tend to embrace any new info with positivity and hope for something good for her until later revealed info or the book itself shows me I shouldn’t. Being a Storm fan would be all woe and misery otherwise. Plus I need every bit of Storm appetizer I can get while waiting for Coates to finish cooking his painstakingly slow Hadari Yao meal that we’ve been waiting years for. So I’ll take any Storm future appearance as a blessing until it’s officially revealed to be a farce, as does happen farrrr too often. Optimism is how I cope with most problems in life so you’ll have to excuse me haha

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If they are taking this route with her and these 'sidekicks' (ugh, it pains me to say it)
    They need to recapture her time with NewMutants and combine it with Xforce NXM level realness.
    I hope so too, but I don’t want it to be too kiddy. We need the gritty New Mutants teacher/leader/mentor Ororo to show out again and properly with this bunch otherwise I’ll be out. Not trying to read some Disney+ Ororo and kids(not MCU shade lol).