Page 42 of 613 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I mean, who are we kidding Kyss! Until she gets another solo, none of us are going to be satisfied with anyone else having one lmao. I just tend to embrace any new info with positivity and hope for something good for her until later revealed info or the book itself shows me I shouldn’t. Being a Storm fan would be all woe and misery otherwise. Plus I need every bit of Storm appetizer I can get while waiting for Coates to finish cooking his painstakingly slow Hadari Yao meal that we’ve been waiting years for. So I’ll take any Storm future appearance as a blessing until it’s officially revealed to be a farce, as does happen farrrr too often. Optimism is how I cope with most problems in life so you’ll have to excuse me haha
    lolol you know I'm a petty bish lolol. but you're absolutely right. maybe that's why I'm jaded I dont disagree with the optimistic approach but I need more than what they've given us so far. sidebar did you read mauraders and BP? did you like it?

ok if she is leading maybe... I'm softening up on this lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Storm? Leading? With all those yt men on one team? I have to laugh.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Storm? Leading? With all those yt men on one team? I have to laugh.
    bish!!!! you sound like me lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Hey ButterflyKiss. These scans are from BP (2018) #3. You can see in them that they knew about T'Challa and Ororo, although, in the beginning, they didn't realize the T'Challa from legend was the same one who walked among them.

BP5.jpg

BP6.jpg

BP7.jpg

BK: Here are the other images. In the next to last scan, you see that T'Challa learns that his memories are in the "hands of the imperials." Meaning N'Jadaki has access to everything T'Challa did, including knowledge of Ororo being Hadari Yao and how powerful she is.

BP8.jpg

BP9.jpg

This last scan is from issue #5. T'Challa failed to obtain his memories from issue #3. It's a five-year time jump. Everything that drove him, his foggy memory of Ororo, and his failure to recover who he is has kind of "broken" him. It basically gave up after thinking he could never reclaim what was once his. That's how you get his line about giving up "half memories and ghosts."

BP10.jpg

This is also the issue where he decides he should try moving on with his "life" and that means being with Nakia. He feels he can't go back and is angry that his half memories and ghosts have made it hard for him to move forward because he doesn't really know what he left behind.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-23-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Hey ButterflyKiss. These scans are from BP (2018) #3. You can see in them that they knew about T'Challa and Ororo, although, in the beginning, they didn't realize the T'Challa from legend was the same one who walked among them.

BP5.jpg

BP6.jpg

BP7.jpg
    oh thank you for these scans. I had forgotten some of this dialogue!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    BK: Here are the other images. In the next to last scan, you see that T'Challa learns that his memories are in the "hands of the imperials." Meaning N'Jadaki has access to everything T'Challa did, including knowledge of Ororo being Hadari Yao and how powerful she is.

BP8.jpg

BP9.jpg

This last scan is from issue #5. T'Challa failed to obtain his memories from issue #3. It's a five-year time jump. Everything that drove him, his foggy memory of Ororo, and his failure to recover who he is has kind of "broken" him. It basically gave up after thinking he could never reclaim what was once his. That's how you get his line about giving up "half memories and ghosts."

BP10.jpg

This is also the issue where he decides he should try moving on with his "life" and that means being with Nakia. He feels he can't go back and is angry that his half memories and ghosts have made it hard for him to move forward because he doesn't really know what he left behind.
    tchalla looks really delicious in those scans lolol. but jokes aside? thank you. nakia memory wasnt lost right? I'm curious will she betray tchalla and the wakandans.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

No ma’am, no ma’am. I’ll likely check out the first issue maybe but I don’t want to see Storm leading a bunch of unknown children if Kymera isn’t involved. As a male I grew up wanting to be Storm so personally I don’t like she doesn’t have a direct sidekick, call me petty idc. I need her to work on her own mommy issues. I’ll likely be passing on this book unless I hear it’s a good book by you guys.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 01-23-2020 at 04:30 PM.

tchalla looks really delicious in those scans lolol. but jokes aside? thank you. nakia memory wasnt lost right? I'm curious will she betray tchalla and the wakandans.
    Nakia was born in the empire. She had a privileged background. She fights with the Maroons but she was never one of them. Oh and yeah, T'Challa is drawn right. I went back and read all of the intergalactic stuff. T'Challa was pretty badass in the issues. When read as a unit, it doesn't seem as slow. But a year of this can wear on a fan who wants him back on Earth.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

Attachment 92063

Soooooo not to be the bearer of (often false) optimism but... Storm is the only one on this Children on the Atom cover without a child connection.... and this is Vita’s book that we suspected might feature Ororo due to his suggestive Storm doll tweet. I’m thinking maybe she could be a leader/central figure here for the youngins?? Idk Idk Idk but... one can hope lol
    Your Hope is Misplaced......

Let it go. It ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    No ma’am, no ma’am. I’ll likely check out the first issue maybe but I don’t want to see Storm leading a bunch of unknown children if Kymera isn’t involved. As a male I grew up wanting to be Storm so personally I don’t like she doesn’t have a direct sidekick, call me petty idc. I need her to work on her own mommy issues. I’ll likely be passing on this book unless I hear it’s a good book by you guys.
    lolol I think that is general consensus. me personally I want my damn coates solo where she carves out her own little corner of the mcu. being babysitter for a bunch of unknown mutants isnt really working towards that.

BANNED

a waste of papper and storm if she ends up "teaching" but that book wont pass the 12 issue mark so im not bothered

Storm should absolutely have a solo. But I also want Storm to create new connections with others and have a book that showcases her perspective on things. We barely know anything about this book but I am very interested in learning more.

Hmmm. Every scan I see it looks like Gambit's daughter could be bi-racial so it's possible that Storm is her mother. IJS...

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Your Hope is Misplaced......

Let it go. It ain't happening.
    Lol I think you misunderstand my “hopes”. The only hope I had for this was that Storm might have a prominent feature in another Dawn of X book. This cover with Storm rising center and the only one with no “sidekick” combined with Chris Robinson’s Storm tease for a book involving Ororo that Vita’s writing, I would say pretty much confirm that’s the case. It’s not a solo but we need Ororo’s mentality/perspective throughout this whole Dawn of X storyline.

lolol I think that is general consensus. me personally I want my damn coates solo where she carves out her own little corner of the mcu. being babysitter for a bunch of unknown mutants isnt really working towards that.
    I think this is “good” news in a way then! If Vita was placed on a solo then you could bet your ass Coates wouldn’t get the chance anytime soon, if ever. At least the opportunity still exists for your ideal solo team to come into being. Probs be much better than a Vita Storm solo anyway tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Storm should absolutely have a solo. But I also want Storm to create new connections with others and have a book that showcases her perspective on things. We barely know anything about this book but I am very interested in learning more.
    This is how I feel as well tbh. If there’s a chance for more exposition from her viewpoint, I’ll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Hmmm. Every scan I see it looks like Gambit's daughter could be bi-racial so it's possible that Storm is her mother. IJS...
    I don’t get the sense that they are “related” to the X-characters in any way really. I think there is going to be some affiliation/correlation between those kids and the X-characters they correspond to. Saw theories that Warren’s sidekick is a kid from X-factor 66 who was the son of Charlotte Jones, who used to date Angel. Her son was shown to idolize angel back in the day so it would make sense for him to grow up to be his “protege” of sorts. Just a theory but it has potential!

D7A0EEEB-B51E-429D-BB41-8ECDC4D01D13.jpg

https://twitter.com/isnownothin/stat...577819136?s=21
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-24-2020 at 09:19 AM.

BANNED

Lol I think you misunderstand my “hopes”. The only hope I had for this was that Storm might have a prominent feature in another Dawn of X book. This cover with Storm rising center and the only one with no “sidekick” combined with Chris Robinson’s Storm tease for a book involving Ororo that Vita’s writing, I would say pretty much confirm that’s the case. It’s not a solo but we need Ororo’s mentality/perspective throughout this whole Dawn of X storyline.
    OH No. I understood your "Hopes" correctly. Which is why I said it was misplaced LOL.
    I'm trying to tell you again. Hoping for a Storm to have a prominent feature in another or any future DoX book lol isn't happening.

As for Children of the Atom. Looking at the players on the cover along with Storm? don't hold ya breathe. Man i'm trying to tell you....