Page 568 of 594 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 8896
  1. #8506
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Storm has just as much of a rich Mythos as Wakanda does. If not more or better. And If we EVER hope Storm to go out and branch out on her own in the greater Marvel Universe. And get from under T’Challa’s Hip and Wakanda’s beckoning call. She is going to lose her identity. And she needs to take a break from the X-Men.

    New readers are coming and people think Storm is Wakandan. People think she can’t fight. People don’t know about her Marksman skills and expert thief. People don’t know much about her. Also, Storm needs a NEW love interest. Someone in the Marvel Universe that would make people go “Oh Shit for real? Ok I can get with it” someone we would NEVER expect. Get her AWAY from T’Challa, Logan and Forge.
    I agree with everrything except i don't really care about the greater mu. My fave Storm stories are her in the xmen leading a team for a better world, i'm pretty simple. if she gets more developemnt like a solo i would love that and again i would prefer all of the writiers of DOX did her solo so no one person got bored and i feel each would do a good job exploring a different side in perhaps 4-6 issue arcs depending on the frequentness of release. As far as relationships i'm not much of a shipper and because of x-men and of more of the free love mentality, i truly fel every last x-men has proably had some kind of sex with each other when on a team so i don't really want storm to be tied down in a monogamous relationship and especially if it is explored that she is a young goddess, ororo will have many loves and perhaps many children but thus is the way of immortality,, at least thats how i think of it.

    Readers are definitely associating her too much with Wakanda and Storm is a character that imo is bigger than wakanda. inherent disney could do a legitimate princess movie about her and her rise to goddess and it be amazing and on her own and its own merit if they wanted, thats the kind of rich history she has on her own and it feels like peopllye are minimizing that and re visioning history imo for it to fit some narrative. I know some may be uncertain with the fate of BP and Tchalla given the events of 2020 and may be desperate to hold on to something but not at the loss of Storm and her independence. But that's just my honest opinion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #8507
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    None of whom are "team leaders" in the strictest sense of the term...as Storm and Cyclops were, in the past, as written by Claremont...in the past.
    Leaders are leaders, past present or future.

    You must bethinking in terms of squads and combat and that's where you're mistaken. Being a leader isn't always about fighting, it's about educating and preparing the future generations. Storm would be excellent at that.

  3. #8508
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Yeah, sure bud. I "contradicted" myself by pointing out that Strom is a XMEN CHARACTER and that her development comes down to them in bigger capacity and who said you were stupid, I didn't say that i just said "use your brain" aka your common sense and yes Storm was a guest star in the BP books under coates and as a guest star he made her vital to plot points while you say she "was a side piece" and like i said before and I'm not saying it again, Storm does not need a love interest new or otherwise. You can think whatever you want budro but don't start this, don't do it. I'm simply just countering your input and views on your "thoughts" of storms character use while also pointing your flawed logic that the BP books are most of the reason why "Storm isn't valued" which is false especially after you just said in quote "What do you call Storms involvement in Coates Black Panther run" and "That's not guest starring that's a supporting role" meaning that you're basically saying she was a vital character in his run which she was and if that's the case then your venom should be more directed towards the X side of marvel because that's where her Character Development matters the most which is why i give them more heat. If you disagree it's fine, I'm not losing sleep just because you don't like Black Panther and Storms relationship or whatever.

    agreed. again if storm isn't being effectively used in the xbooks its not because she is being used by bp writers. it's because they don't want to use her. what was the excuse of her horrible usage after the marriage was annulled? when she gets better development in non xbooks the fault should lay with the offices that ultimately are responsible for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #8509
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    I took this from another thread

    Comic chron’s estimations for September (low estimation – high estimation)

    - X of Swords Creation *XOS* – 115,000 – 140,000 (second highest selling Marvel comic)
    - X-Men #12 *XOS* – 75,000 – 90,000
    - Juggernaut #1 – 67,500 – 80,000
    - Wolverine #5 – 60,000 – 72,000
    - Giant-Size X-Men: Storm – 55,500 – 60,000
    - X-Factor #4 *XOS* – 50,000 – 60,000
    - Giant-Size X-Men Tribute Wein Cockrum – 33,000 – 39,000
    - Hellions #4 – 33,000 – 39,000
    - X-Force #12 – 29,500 – 35,000
    - Excalibur #12 *XOS* - 29,500 – 35,000
    - Marauders #12 – 27,000 – 32,000
    - New Mutants – 26,500 – 31,000
    - X-Factor #3 – 23,000 – 28,000
    - Cable #4 – 22,500 – 27,000
    - X-Men Marvels Snapshot – 21,500 – 26,000
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #8510
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,177

    Default

    During the Hudlin run, it was established that Storm had living family in America.

    Claremont did a story featuring Storm having an evil uncle in Africa.

    It would be unique if Storm had mutant cousins on two continents.

    We have the Summers, Rasputin's, and Mystique's very unique family of mutant characters.

    I would welcome Storm having her own blood clan. Juggling her maternal & paternal relatives would make an interesting initial premise for a mini or ongoing.

    A Storm family cook-out would be epic long before any X-Men, or Wakandan Royal family members even show up.

  6. #8511
    Fantastic Member xfire2k13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Ooooh Elektra would be nice.
    Ooooh That would be interesting! Never thought about that. I was thinking Yukio.....

  7. #8512
    Amazing Member Mah_Boons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with everrything except i don't really care about the greater mu. My fave Storm stories are her in the xmen leading a team for a better world, i'm pretty simple. if she gets more developemnt like a solo i would love that and again i would prefer all of the writiers of DOX did her solo so no one person got bored and i feel each would do a good job exploring a different side in perhaps 4-6 issue arcs depending on the frequentness of release. As far as relationships i'm not much of a shipper and because of x-men and of more of the free love mentality, i truly fel every last x-men has proably had some kind of sex with each other when on a team so i don't really want storm to be tied down in a monogamous relationship and especially if it is explored that she is a young goddess, ororo will have many loves and perhaps many children but thus is the way of immortality,, at least thats how i think of it.

    Readers are definitely associating her too much with Wakanda and Storm is a character that imo is bigger than wakanda. inherent disney could do a legitimate princess movie about her and her rise to goddess and it be amazing and on her own and its own merit if they wanted, thats the kind of rich history she has on her own and it feels like peopllye are minimizing that and re visioning history imo for it to fit some narrative. I know some may be uncertain with the fate of BP and Tchalla given the events of 2020 and may be desperate to hold on to something but not at the loss of Storm and her independence. But that's just my honest opinion.
    Thank Goodness someone gets it. I knew you would know what I’m talking about. :-)
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-21-2020 at 04:57 PM.

  8. #8513
    Amazing Member Mah_Boons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Ooooh That would be interesting! Never thought about that. I was thinking Yukio.....
    Yukio is Fine. I was thinking along the lines of people you would never see Storm with. Or people that make you go “ooooh” like we both did in response to Elektra. LOL

  9. #8514
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm wasn't outfighting Death. It literally wasn't until she broke Death's sword with Skybreaker that the odds turned in her favor, which is why I argue she needed that specific sword. The introduction of Skybreaker is no different that any other introduction of any new element in comic book history. Are there other things that could possibly have done the same things, possibly, but for whatever the story intends new things are introduced and that specific sword was needed. I guess we are making the same point but maybe arguing the effects of the plot device. I don't think it was useless. I think it did what was intended and it's importance was also demonstrated in the fight.

    And maybe I'm thinking too much of this forum, but had Storm channeled her powers through the sword there would have been a huge uproar here lol. People were already complaining about this possibility basically insinuating that Marvel once again took away Storm's goddess status to give her another Stormcaster. People here were NOT happy with that idea at all. So it was nice that it didn't happen that way. However, given it didn't happen that way, I'm surprised at the reaction to it not happening that way lol. As I said, they were damned if they did or if they didn't.

    I can accept your points about Adversary, however, the complaints seemed to be about the literal fight itself. It seemed people wanted an epic and long drawn out fight and were disappointed that Storm defeated Death in a "cliched" way. However people seemed much more satisfied with the fight between Storm and Adversary and Storm based on the the pictures just literally just blew Adversary away lol! So in terms of the actual fight, I don't understand how that was much more thrilling other than it certified Storm's status as a goddess and gave her an impressive feat beating Adversary. People also went crazy about the space feat and most of us couldn't even understand what happened from the pictures. So I'm speaking specifically of the fight itself. I get the importance of the Adversary fight to the narrative. I made a whole tribute post about it on my social media LMAO!!!
    The answer to this is very simple. The story was built better, her ascension was spot on and a truly terrifying show of her true potential and powers was shown. On top of that, her defeating Adversary was an amazing feat, I can't say the same for Death. The event between Death and Storm is simply... boring. Nothing personal, all those XOS contests are boring, I didn't expect much but definitely, that is below my lowest expectations.

    All I see above is people asking to see Storm in a leadership role, but I do give you this challenge, come up with an idea which has nothing to do with the leadership and still being important for Storm and Stormcentric. Go on, I am sure you can do better than asking for Storm being in a leadership role. For me personally, leadership roles are boring. I don't need to see Storm commanding other mutants and leading them, I want to see something bigger and more than that.

  10. #8515
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I'll just say I believe Storm has been collateral damage in a lot of business moves and power plays that have greatly affected and impacted her character. It's like she is symbolically profiled without being given much detail and attention. I do give 100% credit to the BP books for most, if not all of Storm's most recent character development, and at the same time, I do find the intertwining depth of her usage in that book a bit problematic. The XOffice, on the other hand, have done her no wonders but I question how much behind the scenes deals have killed Storm. For example, I believe most of the current problem started, ironically, with the BP marriage and how it dragged Storm away from prominence and usage in the XBooks (with XTreme Xmen and the introduction of the XSE) while promising to bring her prominence in the wider MU which it never really did. Then, when the marriage was rudely ended, she returned to the XBooks with nothing to do and no one wanting to use her. That killed her character development for years. The whole way they handled these moves were very odd when juxtaposed to the widespread presence of Wolverine. While exhausting, it's not like they don't have a blueprint on how to expand her importance and presence throughout the MU. So I guess I'm saying Marvel as a whole is to blame lol!

    When it comes to Storm's solo, I personally don't feel she needs sales to prove anything. We already know she's popular and culturally significant. They haven't found her to be worth the investment and attention. I honestly don't blame the current Marvel office for this. Storm's profile should have risen the day she beat Wonder Woman in a popularity contest. There is no reason that after producing those results, she should not have been propped up for greater things. But if it didn't happen in her heyday, then I'm sure they don't think there is any reason for it to happen now. Also, most of these so called great solo characters (outside of maybe Spiderman, Hulk, and Wolverine) have had multiple solo flops and continue to get solo books (especially and unfortunately, the female counterparts: Captain Marvel, She Hulk, etc.). All it takes is that simple investment in Storm and it could happen. Captain Marvel got a movie out of thin air and it has been a boost for her. So give Storm ten million failed solo attempts like any other character and I'm sure eventually one would be successful, but it is a huge shame that as Marvel's most popular and important female character she has only received one solo and it was not properly promoted, quickly pulled, and not given a chance to live.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-21-2020 at 04:33 PM.

  11. #8516
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    The answer to this is very simple. The story was built better, her ascension was spot on and a truly terrifying show of her true potential and powers was shown. On top of that, her defeating Adversary was an amazing feat, I can't say the same for Death. The event between Death and Storm is simply... boring. Nothing personal, all those XOS contests are boring, I didn't expect much but definitely, that is below my lowest expectations.

    All I see above is people asking to see Storm in a leadership role, but I do give you this challenge, come up with an idea which has nothing to do with the leadership and still being important for Storm and Stormcentric. Go on, I am sure you can do better than asking for Storm being in a leadership role. For me personally, leadership roles are boring. I don't need to see Storm commanding other mutants and leading them, I want to see something bigger and more than that.
    I've said this many times. Storm leading the effort to rebuild and establish Genosha as a nation that welcomes all people from mutants to Inhumans.

  12. #8517
    Amazing Member Mah_Boons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Leaders are leaders, past present or future.

    You must bethinking in terms of squads and combat and that's where you're mistaken. Being a leader isn't always about fighting, it's about educating and preparing the future generations. Storm would be excellent at that.
    LOL Exactly. Why else did Pro. X placed Storm as the Leader of the X-Men.

  13. #8518
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post

    When it comes to Storm's solo, I personally don't feel she needs sales to prove anything. We already know she's popular and culturally significant. They haven't found her to be worth the investment and attention. I honestly don't blame the current Marvel office for this. Storm's profile should have risen the day she beat Wonder Woman in a popularity contest. There is no reason that after producing those results, she should not have been propped up for greater things. Also, most of these so called great solo characters (outside of maybe Spiderman, Hulk, and Wolverine) have had multiple solo flops and continue to get solo books (especially and unfortunately, the female counterparts: Captain Marvel, She Hulk, etc.). All it takes is that simple investment in Storm and it could happen. Captain Marvel got a movie out of thin air and it has been a boost for her.
    Bias polls mean NOTHING. What was Storm supposed to get versus a woman with a tv show and over 700 solo issues? Going by those polls Black Panther lost to John Stewart and we KNOW Dc hates him. Folks had to be fired for him to finally get a trade all about him in 2021.

    Proving you can SELL is what matters in the end. Carol & She Hulk get those nonstop shots because they had at least ONE run last beyond 12 issues.

    Both of them have hit 50 issues at one point. As have Moon Knight. That is why they get shots.

    Storm just needs a run to hit at least 36 issues.

    And the X-Office can't toss out no one buy a black female lead book.

    Moon Girl is the longest lasting one at 47.

    Riri & Shuri have had 2 volumes.

    Black America's Favorite Sweetheart-constantly sold out at comic book stores

    Image's Kick Azz is still going

    Goldie Vance is still doing OGN and novels.

    Nubia has one and I PROMISE you all it will be a top seller next year

    Naomi season 2 is coming in 2021.

    Abbott vol 2 from Miles's writer is coming out next year.

    VIxen finally has something.

  14. #8519
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol it was waring my eyes out trying to read all of them. Some good stuff. If anything (good or bad) this event definitely impacted the fandoms.
    Baby I be trying to read all that cause I know some of it may be a good read but they don't even be having emoticons to at least break up the space so I can give my eyes a break. After the 2nd or 3rd sentence I be like "forget this, i'm out" lol

  15. #8520
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Ooooh That would be interesting! Never thought about that. I was thinking Yukio.....
    I have said it before a Electra&Storm duo book would be everything. The female batman ala superman book of Marvel.
    Yukio should be supporting cast member in any Storm solo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •