Page 347 of 613 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is the problem with Storm/BP, though. Their relationship always happens in his books. She becomes subordinate to his story. It's happened over and over. If Storm had her own solo book, lead an X-Men team, and was guest starring in BP's book(and/or an Avengers team with them as leads), and their relationship was sprinkled across all those sectors, so be it, but when Storm goes from leading X-Men books to being a supporting character in BP's book, the power balance is lost and Ororo suffers(she still hasn't recovered since, all these years later). It looks like the X-line is finally raising her profile again*remains to be seen, but the optics are promising, but it's been a tough recovery from her position 20 years ago. And as nice as some of the few moments in Coates's BP have been for Ororo, they are ALL in service of BP/Wakanda.

Wonder Woman is interesting and has a rich history with Steve going back to her original presentation in the comics, and is something that has been integral to her story over decades, with several reinventions and new angles being explored. In the film version, I actually thought Steve became too central to her narrative, and he was actually the more important and reasoned character in terms of the film's arc. I didn't like that about the film, but Chris Pine is so handsome and charming, audiences loved it anyways(even I did to some extent). That is an unfortunate reoccurring theme in our western, patriarchal culture, and even with supposed feminist icons like WW or Storm, they are nearly impossible to escape completely(Diana's usually a notch below Superman and Batman, if we are being sincere, and of course Ororo has had to deal with Charles, Scott, and Logan in X-Men land).

It's also interesting that both Diana and Ororo have queer angles that are often overlooked or even despised by some of their fandoms. It's particularly ridiculous in Diana's case as she is from an island of all women who excel at all things physical, intellectual, and spiritual, but somehow Diana isn't a lesbian, or at least predominately female-attracted bisexual. In Ororo's case, her relationship with Yukio is another sticking point for some.

In any case, I think Ororo is best off without T'Challa. They have spent the vast majority of their publication history in very different spheres and have many other developed relationships, both romantic and otherwise. I would hate for Ororo to be T'Challa's "Mera", or "Steve Trevor", or "Lois Lane". And similarly, BP fans would hate to see him be her sidepiece. They were not conceived of as equal partners from the beginning, and all the attempts to bring them together have been short-lived and of mixed reception. They make for a great couple in alternate universes(that Earth X story, or rather Alex Ross's art, made a strong impression), but in terms of the active main universe(be it in comics, film, or animation), they work far better apart.
    all of this!!!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I honestly would have loved it if Marvel released an X-book set in Wakanda with Vita as writer. Wakanda and mutant issues always seem to be separate but there is a unique opportunity to tackle it. I would have Gentle as a lead and create some new Wakandan mutants for him to mix it up with. Storm and BP would be heavy supporting characters and this would bridge the gap between his solo and the X-men
    what story has vita written with storm in it ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    4. Hmm they may have spent a majority of their publication in different spheres but the time that have spent in the same sphere has impacted them both in a way I think would be foolish both from a monetary and cultural perspective for marvel to ignore. Based upon the resounding request that Ororo appear in BP2 because of their shared past is a clear indication that for some they work better together and I am obviously in that camp as well.
    By who??? Can Black Panther have a second film without everybody trying shoe horn others? Nobody wants Doom or Namor or Storm in that movie. Because the moment they show up it becomes no longer about him but where is the FF or X-Men at? How do you explain where they were for so long. Folks are tired of the movement that wants that movie hijacked for others.

Marvel is not foolish. It was never going to work with two folks under different offices. Especially one that has been a shadefest towards Wakanda and that would have his book held hostage by X-Men nonsense.

That is why Superman and Batman have love interest under their banners. So no one could be derailed by another franchise.
    Black Panther with a love interest free of drama is the job of HIS office.
    Storm-the X-Office's job.

From a money stand point how does that relationship benefit Storm? Tossing her in his book only boosted HIS sales and image. It hasn't helped her. It just gave her own franchise an excuse to toss her aside for "others".

All that money and cultural stuff benefits ONE person. It's not Storm. It's the guy with the billion dollar movie, 3 Oscars and 30 trades and nearing the 200 solo issues milestone.

Why is that NOT Storm? For it to be her one day-it has to be on HER terms not his. Force this X-Office to do more than lip service for Storm. Panther is their excuse to marginalize her.

Same mess you are seeing with Cyborg, Duke Thomas and others at DC. If Jessica Jones can do it without Luke or Danielle-so can Storm.

And for the record I DID support the marriage.

Incredible Member

When are we getting more Hadari feats?

Also is that sword Storm got the sword of bone or a regular sword encase with lightning?

Skyvolt I will respond tomorrow when I have more time but I saw this jen and has to share. Our girl is front and center as she be. Mr. Ross the g.o.a.t.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    By who??? Can Black Panther have a second film without everybody trying shoe horn others? Nobody wants Doom or Namor or Storm in that movie. Because the moment they show up it becomes no longer about him but where is the FF or X-Men at? How do you explain where they were for so long. Folks are tired of the movement that wants that movie hijacked for others.

Marvel is not foolish. It was never going to work with two folks under different offices. Especially one that has been a shadefest towards Wakanda and that would have his book held hostage by X-Men nonsense.

That is why Superman and Batman have love interest under their banners. So no one could be derailed by another franchise.

From a money stand point how does that relationship benefit Storm? Tossing her in his book only boosted HIS sales and image. It hasn't helped her. It just gave her own franchise an excuse to toss her aside for "others".

All that money and cultural stuff benefits ONE person. It's not Storm. It's the guy with the billion dollar movie, 3 Oscars and 30 trades and nearing the 200 solo issues milestone.

Why is that NOT Storm? For it to be her one day-it has to be on HER terms not his. Force this X-Office to do more than lip service for Storm. Panther is their excuse to marginalize her.

Same mess you are seeing with Cyborg, Duke Thomas and others at DC. If Jessica Jones can do it without Luke or Danielle-so can Storm.

You made some really good points here. Even if Storm+BP isn't inherently destructive for Storm, the X-Office will ALWAYS use it as an excuse to underwrite her or flat out ignore her. Personally I think the problem lies more in the inherent bias of people working at Marvel, because there's no issue when Wolverine is jumping around half their titles but when Storm has a recurring role in BP then it's IMPOSSIBLE to give her attention in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You made some really good points here. Even if Storm+BP isn't inherently destructive for Storm, the X-Office will ALWAYS use it as an excuse to underwrite her or flat out ignore her. Personally I think the problem lies more in the inherent bias of people working at Marvel, because there's no issue when Wolverine is jumping around half their titles but when Storm has a recurring role in BP then it's IMPOSSIBLE to give her attention in the X-books.
    Epsecially when wolverine has to get a jet or something and Storm can fly and be in most places in mere minutes.

I think mainly it had to do with the rights first. Already marvel wasn't taking many chances on characters of color, even though Storm wasn't really a "chance" but they would be damn if they were going to let fox benefit off them uplifting their one prominent character of color and reap all the profits. Now there is no excuse, in fact in today's climate not only at marvel but disney as well Storm should be prominent and essential at this time.

Personally i want a disney princess cartoon of Storm she is already a princess so we can tell an alternative story with her there. And i want a mainline full on movie the levels of what black panther got but in kenya and other places.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Skyvolt I will respond tomorrow when I have more time but I saw this jen and has to share. Our girl is front and center as she be. Mr. Ross the g.o.a.t.

i LOVE this. I love it especially because of where Storm is standing. In the center and in between Cap and Iron Man making those three look like Marvel's trinity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't agree .
    Everyone has made an appearance in another MCU movie before appearing. So I have no real issue with an introduction in a BP movie. I would like to have the second film stricly focus on them , maybe find out if klaw becomes the living sound ,but in this Disney climate I highly doubt. F4 more than deserves to debute in BP base of comic history. the XMen would just keep the BP hype raloaring. But would not care to see them there.
    But I would like to see Storm make an appearance especially if the plan is to sprinkle Mutants throughout the MCU. And that would not solely effective the BP movie but all MCU movies.

Two this thing ofStorm propping BP up . Upsets me.
    Storm at that point in time didn't have leg to stand on. She had nothing. No solo title. Never playing a role in any major event. Just letting her lead a team every now and again. And thats if Clearmonte not advocating for her.
    They just toe her out as the premier Marvel women but do absolutely nothing with her.

Once joining BP she enrich the BP mythos and flesh her out as person a women Named Ororo, not Lighting lass Storm in the background.
    I remember sitting around and watching psylocke and X23 getting solo's after solos and Storm was underutilized.

But once again she joins BP and she part of a larger Brand. By being under the BP banner branded her also as an Avenger like character through him.
    We all seen Sue and Storm billed their relationship on the own XMF4 crossover but wasn't officially a member of the F4 until BP. If anyone
    Heck solo and minis started popping up with this new resurgence of Storm new and higher status.

BP franchise was not hurt by Storm joining BP.
    From where I stand Storm joining BP was just one of the many ideas part of the ground work everyone at Marvel was lying down for the success of BP. To the point of solos ,event, cartoons and now a billion dollar movie franchise.

It suck she's an XMen through and through and will always will be. But by joining BP she became a full fledge MU Character.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 07-28-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    omg saved by the bell xmen!!! who is the artist they deserve a monetary prize for this I love it!!!!

Look here guys: https://twitter.com/MarvelRealm?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

A new game announced for mobile devices, RPG one. They do show Storm in one of the showcases and she is blue! I was wondering if this has something to do with the plans for her in her upcoming solo!

image0.jpg image1.jpg

EDIT: I found out that this is actually Storm as Champion of Apocalypse, explains the blue skin.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-28-2020 at 10:06 AM.

I am surprised that you supported their marriage, I just feel so much hate in your post here.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    When are we getting more Hadari feats?

Also is that sword Storm got the sword of bone or a regular sword encase with lightning?
    We spoke about that, a few ten pages ago, about that. We concluded that it is most likely the Bone Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I don't agree .
    Everyone has made an appearance in another MCU movie before appearing. So I have no real issue with an introduction in a BP movie. I would like to have the second film stricly focus on them , maybe find out if klaw becomes the living sound ,but in this Disney climate I highly doubt. F4 more than deserves to debute in BP base of comic history. the XMen would just keep the BP hype raloaring. But would not care to see them there.
    But I would like to see Storm make an appearance especially if the plan is to sprinkle Mutants throughout the MCU. And that would not solely effective the BP movie but all MCU movies.

Two this thing ofStorm propping BP up . Upsets me.
    Storm at that point in time didn't have leg to stand on. She had nothing. No solo title. Never playing a role in any major event. Just letting her lead a team every now and again. And thats if Clearmonte not advocating for her.
    They just toe her out as the premier Marvel women but do absolutely nothing with her.

Once joining BP she enrich the BP mythos and flesh her out as person a women Named Ororo, not Lighting lass Storm in the background.
    I remember sitting around and watching psylocke and X23 getting solo's after solos and Storm was underutilized.

But once again she joins BP and she part of a larger Brand. By being under the BP banner branded her also as an Avenger like character through him.
    We all seen Sue and Storm billed their relationship on the own XMF4 crossover but wasn't officially a member of the F4 until BP. If anyone
    Heck solo and minis started popping up with this new resurgence of Storm new and higher status.

BP franchise was not hurt by Storm joining BP.
    From where I stand Storm joining BP was just one of the many ideas part of the ground work everyone at Marvel was lying down for the success of BP. To the point of solos ,event, cartoons and now a billion dollar movie franchise.

It suck she's an XMen through and through and will always will be. But by joining BP she became a full fledge MU Character.
    All that. That is the hit point there. When Storm is outside the X-Men, as much as I enjoy seeing her in the X-Men, I just feel like she doesn't get enough shine, and she should get a bigger and bigger tiles in the comics.

But when she is with BP, she not only became an Avenger, she became a Goddess, she became MU character. Now, this is what we need for Storm, having in mind how huge and enormous her fanbase is, she deserves more solos and more appearances throughout the teams and even solo movies like BP.

I do agree on the Fox Statement, Marvel didn't want to allow them to make so much profit on her name, fully aware that they are not doing a good job with her. But now Fox is in the past. I hope to see more of her, not only in comics but also in Marvel Movies and Animations, where she is allowed to grow with other teams and becoming fully-fledged MU character, not just X-Men one.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-28-2020 at 09:54 AM.

what story has vita written with storm in it ?
    Vita hasnt as far as Im aware of, but Id prefer for a black writer to write a black centric comic and I enjoyed what was done with Bishop in Prisoner X

BANNED

Looking at all of them. I don’t see why Marvel needed to make NEW heroes. All the good ones are in this picture.