Page 463 of 613 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Logan: Sorry 'Ro darlin' but Jean is back. I know, I know I promised to stick around this time but c'mon bae, it's Jean. Brown sugar is sweet an' all but I need that Red Pepper! But if she ever leaves me again, you know I'll stop by to get a li'l somethin' until she gets back. And don't go running back to that BBC while I'm with Jean either.You belong here with us!

Was that the apology?
    lolololol naw but that is a great writeup of what is happening lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

My LCS sold out of the Storm issue of Giant-Size X-Men so I gotta check a few other shops to see if they have it.

Logan and Ororo are great friends. One could read in between the lines and say they've been friends with benefits since the Outback Era. They are mostly ride or die, though, and I love them together as friends/teammates. Overall their sexual relationship after AvX was not well written, but I don't think either character lost anything as a result.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I had almost forgotten about her rebound "relationship" with Logan in her last solo LS. As romantic interests go, that one was quite forgettable and not really impactful either way being a huge waste of character/story/page/panel space.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My LCS sold out of the Storm issue of Giant-Size X-Men so I gotta check a few other shops to see if they have it.
    oh that's excellent news!! in regards to sale numbers. hopefully we get a second printing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Logan and Ororo are great friends. One could read in between the lines and say they've been friends with benefits since the Outback Era. They are mostly ride or die, though, and I love them together as friends/teammates. Overall their sexual relationship after AvX was not well written, but I don't think either character lost anything as a result.
    agreed. sexual chemistry is there but they work better imho as good friends/teammates.

BANNED

tbh their relantionship felt more like work husband and wife who have sex

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree with you. For the integrity of both characters, they work better as friends, or FWB. Otherwise, he's a dick and she's a fool. I agree they were written poorly together after AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed. sexual chemistry is there but they work better imho as good friends/teammates.
    Still weird since they treated each other like brother and sister for such a long time, but hey I pass no judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    One question that seems to be building up with kurt (and maybe jean too once the bird comes around) and his questions of how can religion and faith will exist on krakoa, now we have a dark mirror to krakoa and their goddess "Anihilation", who we can predict is a corrupted Genesis, further conecting the two women and the two cultures.

Now Ororo is a goddess to humans, but what constitutes a god in a civilization of immortal beings with god like powers? I think it will be an interesting question to answer.

To me, it will come down to her value as a person and a spiritual leader, because it's not just her power that makes her special in a island of super powered beings, but her Spirit and Character, wich can make the mutants of krakoa have faith in her when she speak for their nascent culture, a difrent type of faith than the people of wakanda have in her but valuable none the less.
    This is a very good question and it is one I do still struggle with if I'm being honest. I would say the defining difference would be how their powers work. If a character possesses mystical/divine traits that can be amplified through prayer/faith then they are a God in the traditional sense. Moreover, natural abilities would tend to not effect true gods.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Fight: Storm vs Apocalypse

Who wins?
    The one time I recall them fighting in uncanny during the 90s apocalypse easily dispelled her. However, as you know she has grown in her abilities since then. I think her hax abilities could give her an easy win but if she didn't go that route A would probably win.

Still weird since they treated each other like brother and sister for such a long time, but hey I pass no judgement.
    you know firsthand how foolish and tacky the xbooks can be. I ultimately want them as friends and nothing more. i think that is what works best particularly for her. however, unfortunate as it is within canon they have chemistry beyond just friends. seeing that jean is back and logan, Scott, emma and jean appear to be in a polyamorous relationship i hope that creates enough story to keeo logan/ororo apart indefinitely.

and besides she's currently with the love of her life. her TRUE love.

Astonishing Member

Them getting together is like Dick and Donna of the Titans getting together. It makes sense well enough, but it's awkward and doesn't work as well as other romances. If Storm can't be with T'Challa, I frankly think she needs a new dude. Ngl, that guy Death seems like a good match lol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know firsthand how foolish and tacky the xbooks can be. I ultimately want them as friends and nothing more. i think that is what works best particularly for her. however, unfortunate as it is within canon they have chemistry beyond just friends. seeing that jean is back and logan, Scott, emma and jean appear to be in a polyamorous relationship i hope that creates enough story to where logan/ororo will bever be revisited again.

and besides she's currently with the love of her life. her TRUE love.
    Well, as you said it an X-book so rot springs eternal.

So what did Storm do in GSX?

Well, as you said it an X-book so rot springs eternal.

So what did Storm do in GSX?
    lololol it sure as hell does though I've been enjoying Hickman's work even though storm hasn't been really present in the book, which is fine because these stories have progressed so nicely

in terms of giant size, monet figures out a way to cure storm but it lies within the world (where fantomex was born). Fantomex take a group of the xmen and an aim agent into the world where the find the machine that can separate her from.the virus. The virus is separated and she emerges fully healed but it is revealed the virus left behind is morphing into a sentient being, possibly an ororo clone.

She didn't really do much but she had a cute moment where she manipulated the robots within the world to create wind, as wind as we know it doesn't exist in the World. She dispatched all the first wave of robots attacking the group. Overall it was a good setup issue for whatever is to come for her and she also referred to herself as a goddess calling back to coates work.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Them getting together is like Dick and Donna of the Titans getting together. It makes sense well enough, but it's awkward and doesn't work as well as other romances. If Storm can't be with T'Challa, I frankly think she needs a new dude. Ngl, that guy Death seems like a good match lol
    Honestly, I don't think the X-Office wants Storm in a stable relationship. If she were in a commited relationship, that would mean that they use her as sexual tension for whatever character they choose to play with.

I mean Rob Liefield does a comic about a new character who's the son of Storm and Cable. they tried something awhile back with some kind of attraction between the two that went nowhere.

They did the AU Storm and Namor thing.

Storm and Yukio

Storm and Dracula

Storm and Quicksilver in AoA.

Sometimes they treat her like bait imo.