Page 202 of 613 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. Like I said if you enjoy it have at it.

2. Again if you've read all he has done and conclude she only has one development you havent been following the BP stories. He didnt destroy anything with her being immune to lightning. What book did that occur? Storm got her confidence back way before any of those xwriters wrote her. Coates gave her the missing confidence from xmen gold. Are you serious? Did you miss BP&C and the first and second season of Black Panther. Those books both were well before xmen red and uncanny xmen in 2019. Coates Books spanned from 2017 to 2018. again, I listed 3 other examples of development Coates gave her in terms of her blackness, her deeper ties to humanity, as well as her relationship to both Tchalla/Wakanda. none of which is solely based upon her being a goddess.
    1. To the Fans that don't have a problem(myself included) we sure will thank you.

2. That's the thing. I have read all he's done and he's made 1 good development to Storm's character. You can't tell me I haven't been reading his boring stories, because I wouldn't have come to the conclusion like many others who agree with me. Yes, he did destroy her immunity to lightning. In fact we had this debate a long time ago with you making excuses for him. And you throwing shade to Gerry Duggan for having Storm getting kicked in the stomach. I've already stated when she got her confidence back and Coates is not responsible for it. Did I read BP&C and Black Panther? Yes, I did. Clearly I did. Yes, i'm very well aware they are before that, but Storm's full confidence didn't come back until X-Men Red and Uncanny. Because when Storm became a Goddess she was still apart of X-Men Gold being all moppy and what not as you described. And it was the same time Stormcaster came back. And you had a fit because Guggenhiem and Coates where battling for who wrote Storm's God Powers better. So it's clear as day when and where Storm fully got her mojo back. Now, you said you listed 3 examples of Development: Deeper Ties To Humanity,Blackness, Relationship to T'Challa. Out of those 3 only 1 is actually Character Development. And that's getting back together with T'Challa. Which is good so now we have 2 things he's done for her. Made her a God and is in a Relationship with BP. Character development is when a character undergoes a change that challenges their status quo being a God and having a relationship to another Hero of Marvel is Development. Having Blackness and deeper ties to Humanity is not character development.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-16-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. To the Fans that don't have a problem(myself included) we sure will thank you.

2. That's the thing. I have read all he's done and he's made 1 good development to Storm's character. You can't tell me I haven't been reading his boring stories, because I wouldn't have come to the conclusion like many others who agree with me. Yes, he did destroy her immunity to lightning. In fact we had this debate a long time ago with you making excuses for him. And you throwing shade to Gerry Duggan for having Storm getting kicked in the stomach. I've already stated when she got her confidence back and Coates is not responsible for it. Did I read BP&C and Black Panther? Yes, I did. Clearly I did. Yes, i'm very well aware they are before that, but Storm's full confidence didn't come back until X-Men Red and Uncanny. Because when Storm became a Goddess she was still apart of X-Men Gold being all moppy and what not as you described. And it was the same time Stormcaster came back. And you had a fit because Guggenhiem and Coates where battling for who wrote Storm's God Powers better. So it's clear as day when and where Storm fully got her mojo back. Now, you said you listed 3 examples of Development: Deeper Ties To Humanity,Blackness, Relationship to T'Challa. Out of those 3 only 1 is actually Character Development. And that's getting back together with T'Challa. Which is good so now we have 2 things he's done for her. Made her a God and is in a Relationship with BP. Character development is when a character undergoes a change that challenges their status quo being a God and having a relationship to another Hero of Marvel is Development. Having Blackness and deeper ties to Humanity is not character development.
    1. **thumbs up**

2. When did Coates do away with her immunity to lightning? I know Taylor tried it and failed. I cant recall one single issue where storm was shot with lightning from the sky and was hurt. so please post the scans.

3. If coates was the first writer to show her exhibit confidence how is he bot responsible for it? how do later writers get credit for something he did first? Guggs and Coates were writing two different women AND because another writer chose to write her as incompetent, powerless, and without conviction does that invalidate he wrote her FULLY and WHOLLY confident first.

4 . Giving her a deeper connection to her blackness and humanity is very much so development. One, many black people criticized how a black superhero as prominent as her done very little if anything to commune with people who looked like her. Therefore that is a huge development because now haters cant say such foolishness. In terms of her humanity this gives her more stock outside the xmen. People always complain she usnt via as a solo character because she doesnt have much interaction outside the xmen. Coates blew that argument away as well. That said I'm glad you've finally admitted hes done more than just make her a god.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

1. **thumbs up**

2. When did Coates do away with her immunity to lightning? I know Taylor tried it and failed. I cant recall one single issue where storm was shot with lightning from the sky and was hurt. so please post the scans.

3. If coates was the first writer to show her exhibit confidence how is he bot responsible for it? how do later writers get credit for something he did first? Guggs and Coates were writing two different women AND because another writer chose to write her as incompetent, powerless, and without conviction does that invalidate he wrote her FULLY and WHOLLY confident first.

4 . Giving her a deeper connection to her blackness and humanity is very much so development. One, many black people criticized how a black superhero as prominent as her done very little if anything to commune with people who looked like her. Therefore that is a huge development because now haters cant say such foolishness. In terms of her humanity this gives her more stock outside the xmen. People always complain she usnt via as a solo character because she doesnt have much interaction outside the xmen. Coates blew that argument away as well. That said I'm glad you've finally admitted hes done more than just make her a god.
    2. I thought you read BP&C?

3. This was a Team Book. Storm merely operated exactly like she would in the X-Men. In fact during that time X-Men Gold was going on right? So, let's compare them. In BP&C she's what Following Black Panther's orders. And in X-Men Gold she is following Kitty's orders. as And then slowly she started changing and gaining herself back. Like when she convinced OML to stay with the Team. Or when she had that inhibitor color on and overcame her fear. Or when she was on the Desert Planet in the Negative Zone she gain the courage to fight and then user her powers after the dumb pep talk from OML. OR when she gain the confidence towards the end of X-Men Gold after she beat the Hell out of Uovu. And argument really be made that it was X-Men Gold's terrible book that she slowly getting her Mojo back. And then X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men shows Storm back in action.

4. It's not development. It doesn't change her status quo. Not many Black People even read comic books so i'm not sure why they would say that. Therefore it's still not development. Fans complain because we are not getting Stories that are interesting and compelling to the character as a whole. If Coates "blew that argument away" as you said we would not be having this conversation and some fans of Storm and fans of Black Panther wouldn't be talking crap about him and his writing. I don't mind admitting. I mean he's done only 2 things that's hardly anything to rave about. Because only 1 of them is really interesting and that's the Godhead.

2. I thought you read BP&C?

3. This was a Team Book. Storm merely operated exactly like she would in the X-Men. In fact during that time X-Men Gold was going on right? So, let's compare them. In BP&C she's what Following Black Panther's orders. And in X-Men Gold she is following Kitty's orders. as And then slowly she started changing and gaining herself back. Like when she convinced OML to stay with the Team. Or when she had that inhibitor color on and overcame her fear. Or when she was on the Desert Planet in the Negative Zone she gain the courage to fight and then user her powers after the dumb pep talk from OML. OR when she gain the confidence towards the end of X-Men Gold after she beat the Hell out of Uovu. And argument really be made that it was X-Men Gold's terrible book that she slowly getting her Mojo back. And then X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men shows Storm back in action.

4. It's not development. It doesn't change her status quo. Not many Black People even read comic books so i'm not sure why they would say that. Therefore it's still not development. Fans complain because we are not getting Stories that are interesting and compelling to the character as a whole. If Coates "blew that argument away" as you said we would not be having this conversation and some fans of Storm and fans of Black Panther wouldn't be talking crap about him and his writing. I don't mind admitting. I mean he's done only 2 things that's hardly anything to rave about. Because only 1 of them is really interesting and that's the Godhead.
    1. I have. And she was NOT hit with lightning by the police bots.

2. The entire premise of Gold was built upon her not having confidence. There was maybe one cute moment in Gold when she broke free from the inhibitor collar but aside from that she was abysmally handled. I guess it's one of the things we can disagree on but gold did her zero favors.

3. Her being a goddess hasnt changed the status quo for her as it has mostly been ignored. So based upon your definition of development then her being a goddess would mean it's not a development.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-16-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    All of those ladies you mention are on A-Force with the exception of Black widow.

And Storm and She-Hulk were on Fearless Defenders.

I think they need to break these teams into different categories.

In the current Captain America, Coates(bless his heart) has a team of all-female heroes called the Daughters of Liberty. They're pretty much a secret black ops/espionage team that's been around for decades. I think a book like that can maybe do a 5-6 issue mini.

Plenty of female mutants could fit on a team like that.

I read AForce and none of those women were real cast members due to the fact they were jamming all the c Lister into panel and story .

I'm talking a strict team of said women I listed.

I find it strange the Hulk ironman captin America Thor Wolverine Spiderman seem to make it on a team with each other regularly but these particular women cant

Storm by Guile Sharp
    https://br.pinterest.com/pin/7599121...qZCdcxHBOBFm5a
    Can we all agree it would look better with a red underside now?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I read AForce and none of those women were real cast members due to the fact they were jamming all the c Lister into panel and story .

I'm talking a strict team of said women I listed.

I find it strange the Hulk ironman captin America Thor Wolverine Spiderman seem to make it on a team with each other regularly but these particular women cant
    Because it' s still a white male dominated industry.

Every time someone tries a team without them or a certain type of version with one of them -you see the GREATEST gymnastic routine to NOT support it.

Remember Mighty Avengers? Marvel put a top artist in Greg Land on it and suddenly all his FLAWS in drawing were used as an excuse to not buy it. Flaws that were over looked when he was drawing guys like Cyclops, Logan and X-Men yet an issue when he was doing Luke Cage, Monica, Falcon and Victor Alvarez.

Yet because they are women-we would see excuse to not support and ESPECIALLY not stock those books in stores. Yet based on POWERS alone-you can justify them being on a team. If they were written like they are suppose to be.

Don't tell me if I put together a team of Storm, Flint (inhumans), Falcon, Antman, Vixen, Static & Jason Rusch-they can't take over the world?

I have controllers of wind/weather, earth, birds, insects, all animals, an element/structure changer and if you took all versions of Static-the black love child of Magneto & Shocker. A story we will never see.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-dc-won...n-storm-fight/

interesting write up I'm sure some wonder woman fans would disagree.
    I just didn't like the fight. There was no reason for Diana to pick up the hammer (could have happened later) and Storm's win could have been more creative.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Storm by Guile Sharp
    Umm, not really. She looks like a vampire.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 04-17-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Storm by Guile Sharp
    that's cute!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I just didn't like the fight. There was no reason for Diana to pick up the hammer (could have happened later) and Storm's win could have been more creative.
    what other ways do you think she could have used to take diana out?

BANNED

1. I have. And she was NOT hit with lightning by the police bots.

2. The entire premise of Gold was built upon her not having confidence. There was maybe one cute moment in Gold when she broke free from the inhibitor collar but aside from that she was abysmally handled. I guess it's one of the things we can disagree on but gold did her zero favors.

3. Her being a goddess hasnt changed the status quo for her as it has mostly been ignored. So based upon your definition of development then her being a goddess would mean it's not a development.
    1. She was. 1st issue towards the End of the issue. Presented Below:

And Yes. Screaming "AHHH!!!" means your hurt.

RCO021_1492054752.jpg

2. That's true. But you can't lie or deny that towards the End of the Book Storm started to get her confidence back. You don't believe because you hate the Book. I do too. But it's the Truth....Unfortunately.

3. Her being a Goddess does change her status quo. She wasn't a real God before. And She's never manipulated Divine Energy Before. Based on my Definition you are Incorrect. As I have explained in the previous response and this one. Her status quo has changed due to Godhead and new Responsibilities.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-17-2020 at 10:39 AM.

[QUOTE=stormphoenix;4936178]1. She was. 1st issue towards the End of the issue. Presented Below:

RCO021_1492054752.jpg

Can Sentinels (or are they RoboCops) produce lightning? When I read the issue, I assumed they hit her with some kind of energy blast.

BANNED

[QUOTE=GuiltyPleasure;4936196]
    1. She was. 1st issue towards the End of the issue. Presented Below:

RCO021_1492054752.jpg

Can Sentinels (or are they RoboCops) produce lightning? When I read the issue, I assumed they hit her with some kind of energy blast.
    They are Robots mixed with Stark Tech and something else.
    Can they produce Electricity? I would say yes only because Manifold from what it looks like got hit with something that goes "ZZZAP". I'm no expert, but generally that means you were hit with a electric shock.

RCO014_1583530397 (1).jpg
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-17-2020 at 11:22 AM.

[QUOTE=stormphoenix;4936219]
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post

They are Robots mixed with Stark Tech and something else.
    Can they produce Electricity? I would say yes only because Manifold from what it looks like got hit with something that goes "ZZZAP". I'm no expert, but generally that means you were hit with a electric shock.

RCO014_1583530397 (1).jpg
    I got you. Is Storm "supposed" to be immune to electricity? Honestly, I think that goes back to our conversation about her durability. Some characters who can wield elemental power are immune to that element, whereas others are not. Ororo seems to fit into the category of characters who hasn't been shown, at least consistently, to be immune to the elements she can manipulate.