Page 389 of 448 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 6714
  1. #5821
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    How about her stopping a tsunami by breaking the ozone layer and turning the water into mist, in her solo? Isn't that close to what you are referring?



    And by the way, have you guys noticed that her eyes are all the time white during each X-Book since House of X and Power of X? It's like they don't count her crystal blue eyes in her panels anymore. It is like 99% of the time her eyes are always white. Leaving 1% since I might have missed the eyes showing her blue irises somewhere...

    And oh god, I loved, loved Marauders 11, Kitty is finally back! And Storm outfit was amazing in that metro!
    I think for me she would have to directly convert the water to steam (which was not the case with hydroman). In the way you mentioned it she did convert the water to vapor but she didn't directly do this. The radiation or direct sunlight was what caused the phase change.


    I think she should definitely be able to directly cause a phase change with water as we have seen her do this by changing water to ice directly. I just can't think of any instances where she has directly converted water to steam.

    I think aritsts are just super lazy when it comes to her missing pupils. unless she is constantly viewing the world in energy form which is not the case.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5822
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,016

    Default

    These Black superheroes changed the face of comic books

    Storm



    Storm isn't just the first Black member of the X-Men, she's also Marvel's first prominent Black female hero. Part of the Giant-Sized X-Men line-up that revitalized and reinvigorated the X-Men, Storm is also one of the most enduring members of the team across comic books, animation, movies, and more.

    Storm was the first Black woman to join the X-Men. It took the Avengers another decade to catch up, along with the Justice League, who didn't include a Black woman - or any black members - on their roster until Vixen joined in the early 80s.

    Storm is currently on the verge of a big story in the X-Men 'Dawn of X' era's first major crossover, 'X of Swords,' where evidence points to her potentially turning to the side of Apocalypse.


    https://www.gamesradar.com/these-bla...f-comic-books/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #5823
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    These Black superheroes changed the face of comic books

    Storm



    Storm isn't just the first Black member of the X-Men, she's also Marvel's first prominent Black female hero. Part of the Giant-Sized X-Men line-up that revitalized and reinvigorated the X-Men, Storm is also one of the most enduring members of the team across comic books, animation, movies, and more.

    Storm was the first Black woman to join the X-Men. It took the Avengers another decade to catch up, along with the Justice League, who didn't include a Black woman - or any black members - on their roster until Vixen joined in the early 80s.

    Storm is currently on the verge of a big story in the X-Men 'Dawn of X' era's first major crossover, 'X of Swords,' where evidence points to her potentially turning to the side of Apocalypse.


    https://www.gamesradar.com/these-bla...f-comic-books/
    Well Damn...I always assumed Storm was a icon but it just dawned on me she was the first black female leader.

    On a side note, the other sides of my holy black female trinity of Vixen and Captain "Monica" Marvel where the first of their team too.

    Come on Marvel and DC pick up your game.
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  4. #5824
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm has performed phase changes many many times. Anytime we see her freeze water or anything for that mater is a display of phase change. I'm not sure I've seen her do the opposite where she has directly converted ice/water to steam. Humidity is still water but just small enough to be captured in the air. HUMIDITY IS NOT PHASE CHANGE LOVES.
    Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air.

    Water Vapor is a gas

  5. #5825
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air.

    Water Vapor is a gas
    you're absolutely right. I thought humidity was the liquid concentration of water present in air. so that would constitute a direct instance of her doing a phase change from liquid to vapor.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well Damn...I always assumed Storm was a icon but it just dawned on me she was the first black female leader.

    On a side note, the other sides of my holy black female trinity of Vixen and Captain "Monica" Marvel where the first of their team too.

    Come on Marvel and DC pick up your game.
    right isnt it marvelous how iconic our girl is. I absolutely love it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #5826
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,839

    Default



    Ya'll think she'll be in this issue or just a cover cameo?

  7. #5827
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I think she will be in it. This issue is near the end of the event so all the swordwielders will probably be together as the climax approaches.

  8. #5828
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    I wasn't impressed by her outfit on the train...tbh. The head to toe black ensemble was okies...but nothing really distinctive to rave about. She's had more exquisite looks.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  9. #5829
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    There was a cover where Storm is fighting Pogg Ur Pogg in the Back(which I predict she will).

  10. #5830
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    There was a cover where Storm is fighting Pogg Ur Pogg in the Back(which I predict she will).
    That huge ass lizard thing? Hopefully, its a good fight.
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  11. #5831
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That huge ass lizard thing? Hopefully, its a good fight.
    Yup. I’m not picky. I’ll take what I can get shit....

  12. #5832
    All-New Member BadBadBeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea there's been subtle hints toward Storm and Krakoan spirituality. I don't go as far as calling her "high priestess" because it's not an official position and it's not a constant/important aspect of her status quo. I'd trade that and 3 underwhelming Giant-Size books for a leadership position and a strong character arc at the beginning of DoX but overall things seem to be looking up lol.
    Long time listener, first time caller - a little late to the discussion. I hope no one minds me pulling the topic back to the Delores anvil for a sec. I really think there’s something to be said for what Delores is talking about in terms of “why isn’t she in a greater position ion of power?” If you’ll forgive the mixed metaphor, I think something is rotten in the state of Krakoa. There have been lots of hints that people are not themselves, point of order, this whole polyamory Wolvie/Jean/Cyclops thing. I just don’t see it happening in NY in a million years, and IMO, the weirdness seems to point towards what happens When mutants are revived ... which Storm never has been.

    Also, consider at one point Storm was sworn never to take a life - which she does now when necessary, but do you guys really think she’d just shrug her shoulders at the Crucible with Apocalypse? Everyone seems to be hunky dory with this aspect of life on Krakoa. Yes, Storm is on Quiet Council, but we’ve seen very little from her since the start of Krakoa and that whole party scene.

    My whole point is that I think this is not a throwaway line, and you guys are overlooking a potentially big hint.

  13. #5833
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller - a little late to the discussion. I hope no one minds me pulling the topic back to the Delores anvil for a sec. I really think there’s something to be said for what Delores is talking about in terms of “why isn’t she in a greater position ion of power?” If you’ll forgive the mixed metaphor, I think something is rotten in the state of Krakoa. There have been lots of hints that people are not themselves, point of order, this whole polyamory Wolvie/Jean/Cyclops thing. I just don’t see it happening in NY in a million years, and IMO, the weirdness seems to point towards what happens When mutants are revived ... which Storm never has been.

    Also, consider at one point Storm was sworn never to take a life - which she does now when necessary, but do you guys really think she’d just shrug her shoulders at the Crucible with Apocalypse? Everyone seems to be hunky dory with this aspect of life on Krakoa. Yes, Storm is on Quiet Council, but we’ve seen very little from her since the start of Krakoa and that whole party scene.

    My whole point is that I think this is not a throwaway line, and you guys are overlooking a potentially big hint.
    welcome to the storm forum boo!

    I dont think everyone is overlooking it in fact I brought this up because I thought it was hinting to something possibly more.

    I do however agree that some aspects of krakoa she would have issue with including mutants being anti-human. What I did like of the issue was that we see her, even ehike grieving and being ill still working to be a part of humanity and helping those who need it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #5834
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller - a little late to the discussion. I hope no one minds me pulling the topic back to the Delores anvil for a sec. I really think there’s something to be said for what Delores is talking about in terms of “why isn’t she in a greater position ion of power?” If you’ll forgive the mixed metaphor, I think something is rotten in the state of Krakoa. There have been lots of hints that people are not themselves, point of order, this whole polyamory Wolvie/Jean/Cyclops thing. I just don’t see it happening in NY in a million years, and IMO, the weirdness seems to point towards what happens When mutants are revived ... which Storm never has been.

    Also, consider at one point Storm was sworn never to take a life - which she does now when necessary, but do you guys really think she’d just shrug her shoulders at the Crucible with Apocalypse? Everyone seems to be hunky dory with this aspect of life on Krakoa. Yes, Storm is on Quiet Council, but we’ve seen very little from her since the start of Krakoa and that whole party scene.

    My whole point is that I think this is not a throwaway line, and you guys are overlooking a potentially big hint.
    I do agree that some of them are acting strange, but I don't see it as a major issue, having in mind that they've all seen the future and they all know what will happen if they continue the old way. I like how things are, right now. They are neither heroes nor villains, they are in the middle with the scales leaning more towards the hero aspect. And I do like the Summers' set up. I think it is befitting for nearly 80 years of history... I am not surprised that Cyclops, Jean and Wolverine are living together with their kids, I see it more like a family. Plus it does put the potential that something more is happening in there, in the intimate aspect which I kinda enjoy since it was hinted plenty of times.

    Plus I've always seen Jean, Logan and Scott as a bigger family, besides their love triangle. And it is kinda cool to see them live together with their kids, I wish we had some kind of casual comics showcasing what is going on when they are all together. A day in the Summers' residence.

  15. #5835
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I do agree that some of them are acting strange, but I don't see it as a major issue, having in mind that they've all seen the future and they all know what will happen if they continue the old way. I like how things are, right now. They are neither heroes nor villains, they are in the middle with the scales leaning more towards the hero aspect. And I do like the Summers' set up. I think it is befitting for nearly 80 years of history... I am not surprised that Cyclops, Jean and Wolverine are living together with their kids, I see it more like a family. Plus it does put the potential that something more is happening in there, in the intimate aspect which I kinda enjoy since it was hinted plenty of times.

    Plus I've always seen Jean, Logan and Scott as a bigger family, besides their love triangle. And it is kinda cool to see them live together with their kids, I wish we had some kind of casual comics showcasing what is going on when they are all together. A day in the Summers' residence.
    agreed im liking the current books too. from the covers I've seen just oan I don't get the sense ororo will be making much of an impact in this event.

    from this one it appears she is not the mystery character:

    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-15-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •