Page 298 of 613 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Cosmic entities predate magic. Magic did not exist in until the fourth incarnation of the multiverse according to Ultimates by Ewing. Beings like the First Firmament, Living Tribunal, the previous 3 iterations of Eternity, are almost definitely older and more powerful than magic. It's even stated that the Eternity of the fourth multiverse is the source of magic itself.

And from what I understand magic gave rise to divinity, but the latter also has cosmic connections because of the origins of magic. In the case of Earth the Demiurge is a sentient, mystical life force that created the Elder Gods. One of those Elder Gods (Gaea) gave birth to all the other pantheons (Thor, Bast, etc. are her kids). Gods like Thor and Ares are inherently mystical beings that have access to distinctive forms of magic (which we could call divine power). There are certain abilities and attributes they have that regular magic users can't replicate, but in the case of Loki they can supplement their divine powers with regular magic they learn.

Like LordAllMighty said, at a certain level powerful enough magical beings can create their own dimensions. The Asgardians own several dimensions connected by the Bifrost, the Orishas created their dimension on the border between Earth-616 and where they sealed the Originators. Sometimes, you have groups who are composed of magic or who live in dimensions filled with it. People like that aren't gods though, because they don't descend from an Elder God. Those are your Faltines (who live in some shapeless dimension made entirely of magical energy) or the people who live in the 9 realms.
    Yes, absolutely yes. Now that is the true explanation. I was dipping too deep into it, with my knowledge and what I've seen in the comics so far. So there you go, almost the same as what I said, but backed up with more Marvel knowledge. Thank you!

The only difference is that I thought that magic cannot create multiverse, but clearly can. Didn't know that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

When you say Divinity...are you talking about Marvel's Earth Gods who are all the children the mystical being Gaea or The One Above All (God)?

Causes there levels of divinity.
    Divinity, I guess, in the sense of any gods whether they reside primarily on earth or some other plane of existence. The one above all I thought was a cosmic entity but you are saying it's a god? That's where i was trying to understand i thought there were differences in the three energy types i mentioned (divine, magic, cosmic) but there seems to be overlap and in trying to understand this was to better understand which of those energies were the strongest. At this point I'm still not honestly sure the difference between cosmic power and divine they both similar.

I guess a better question to help me understand would be to know who is the ultimatel consice and divine characters in the MU?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All-New Member

To add to this Faltines are created by Oshtur

Quote Originally Posted by marvinstorm View Post
    To add to this Faltines are created by Oshtur
    what are faltines?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Cosmic entities predate magic. Magic did not exist in until the fourth incarnation of the multiverse according to Ultimates by Ewing. Beings like the First Firmament, Living Tribunal, the previous 3 iterations of Eternity, are almost definitely older and more powerful than magic. It's even stated that the Eternity of the fourth multiverse is the source of magic itself.

And from what I understand magic gave rise to divinity, but the latter also has cosmic connections because of the origins of magic. In the case of Earth the Demiurge is a sentient, mystical life force that created the Elder Gods. One of those Elder Gods (Gaea) gave birth to all the other pantheons (Thor, Bast, etc. are her kids). Gods like Thor and Ares are inherently mystical beings that have access to distinctive forms of magic (which we could call divine power). There are certain abilities and attributes they have that regular magic users can't replicate, but in the case of Loki they can supplement their divine powers with regular magic they learn.

Like LordAllMighty said, at a certain level powerful enough magical beings can create their own dimensions. The Asgardians own several dimensions connected by the Bifrost, the Orishas created their dimension on the border between Earth-616 and where they sealed the Originators. Sometimes, you have groups who are composed of magic or who live in dimensions filled with it. People like that aren't gods though, because they don't descend from an Elder God. Those are your Faltines (who live in some shapeless dimension made entirely of magical energy) or the people who live in the 9 realms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what are faltines?
    Extradimensional powerful energy beings of whom Dormammu and his Sister Umar originates.

BANNED

Last edited by Micabe; 07-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    This looks amazing! Even though I am not fan of her mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Extradimensional powerful energy beings of whom Dormammu and his Sister Umar originates.
    thanks boo.

I'm sorry but that's not a good look.

BANNED

Nice, but I'd like it more without the white ceramic "upper body" armor look. The bracelets swing

Janelle would give Ororo the bisexual queen energy she needs. I'd still prefer Kiki Layne in the role though.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Divinity, I guess, in the sense of any gods whether they reside primarily on earth or some other plane of existence. The one above all I thought was a cosmic entity but you are saying it's a god? That's where i was trying to understand i thought there were differences in the three energy types i mentioned (divine, magic, cosmic) but there seems to be overlap and in trying to understand this was to better understand which of those energies were the strongest. At this point I'm still not honestly sure the difference between cosmic power and divine they both similar.

I guess a better question to help me understand would be to know who is the ultimatel consice and divine characters in the MU?
    In the end, feats you can do with cosmic power can be match with magic powers if you have the right user. To me, there a thin line between Cosmic Power and Divine/Magic.

I guess in the long run, do you consider The One Above All (God), Cosmic, Divine (Magic) or Both?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think it was mention a while back that Storm has a couple of their traits (blues eyes and white hair) and might be related to them. See Clea

I remember getting excited when I thought she had the "Flames of Regency" when she went to Death's dimension to save T'Challa.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-07-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    In the end, feats you can do with cosmic power can be match with magic powers if you have the right user. To me, there a thin line between Cosmic Power and Divine/Magic.

I guess in the long run, do you consider The One Above All (God), Cosmic, Divine (Magic) or Both?

I think it was mention a while back that Storm has a couple of their traits (blues eyes and white hair) and might be related to them. See Clea

I remember getting excited when I thought she had the "Flames of Regency" when she went to Death's dimension to save T'Challa.
    that's a good question. I dont think the one above all has worshippers like traditional gods do so I would call it a cosmic being

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Janelle would give Ororo the bisexual queen energy she needs. I'd still prefer Kiki Layne in the role though.
    now I'm here for kiki!!! she would kill it!

Niffleheim

She is too short but i wont be surprised if she is cast because of her connection to Tessa Thompson