Page 101 of 613 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    SO excited for this!!! Some of the best artists out there will be recreating this iconic issue for its 45th anniversary. Can’t wait to see the likes of Larraz, Lolli, Bartel, Noto, Yu, and ROSS(!!!) interpret out girl’s introduction story!

I wonder who will get Storm's pages? I hope they don't give her a top. Don't erase nudist Ororo!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    To your first point, I’m sad to say that I agree for the most part. The stagnant nature of his storytelling is a big turn off for me. That’s not to say I don’t think he’s a great writer, I just think maybe comic book mediums don’t work best for his literary style. However! I do believe that if read in collective form these stories present much better and smoother as far as transition goes. It’s the month to month that really kills an already tedious/detailed story.

I’m actually shocked to see your optimism for this week as you’re normally that last one to give into hopeful fervor! I take that as a great sign and do pray to the Goddess on high that your nuggets are as telling as I hope them to be!!!
    LOL well there you have it. See...

Why are you shocked? You right I am the LAST one to give into "Hopeful Favor" because I don't trust the word of writers(**** I stopped trusting Duggan after Issue 7 I still love Duggan, but I don't trust writers anymore. They play too many Tricks). And I also don't much trust the small previews we get with Comics that we follow. It's Vague to me.

But in this case I trust mah Nuggets. And mah Nuggets never lie.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-24-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wonder who will get Storm's pages? I hope they don't give her a top. Don't erase nudist Ororo!
    They better not white/west-wash the story like that. She didn’t have goddess-hair covering for nuthin! Keeping true to the aesthetic of indigenous cultures while also remaining appropriate for comic readership. It was good enough then and it better be good enough now.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 02-24-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL well there you have it. See...

Why are you shocked? You right I am the LAST one to give into "Hopeful Favor" because I don't trust the word of writers(**** I stopped trusting Duggan after Issue 7 I still love Duggan, but I don't trust writers anymore. They play too many Tricks). And I also don't much trust the small previews we get with Comics that we follow. It's Vague to me.

But in this case I trust mah Nuggets. And mah Nuggets never lie.
    Lol you are really somethin else lmaoo. But also probably the smartest for so carefully guarding your expectations and learning from past Storm fan exploitation by these SLIPPERY writers. I’m sure you’re much less disappointed then most here when are expectations aren’t met. I just have to own that I’m a hopeless optimist and take whatever pain comes along with that. There’s nothing better though when your hopes are met in kind by epic, amazing issues! Hoping against all hope that we get at LEAST one epic Storm showing out of the three possible chances we get. My biggest hopes are for BP but I also fear that he will once again end the issue with one his his dreadful “cliffhangers” again, pro-longing the perceived pay out of that preview. Followed by GS:JG+EF because holy Oshtur that art alone makes my heart soar. Much less getting to see an extended voyage through Ororo’s mind for the first time ever AND written by Hickman no less. I know Emma and Jean will be the stars but if it’s anything like the New X-men Silent Issue that it’s inspired by then we might have some pretty hefty revelations coming our way for Hadari Yao. Did I mention the ART??? Lastly, not hoping for much Storm action in XM/FF, even with the allusions to a possible conflict with Doom given by the ending of issue #1 with her being woken up to calm the storm as soon as he enters the scene. The fact that I’m not a huge Dodson fan and also wasn’t thrilled with her “voice” last issue keeps that a solid 3rd place for me. Even looking forward to the apparently “huge” / “red” issue of X-men over that one tbh.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

In regards to Magic Immunity why not? She has ties to Oshtur. Do it like this Aquaman had this ability called "Poseidon's Blessing" which allowed him immunity to all forms of Magic.

Turn around and do that for Storm. Call It "Oshtur's Blessing" or "The Blessing of Oshtur" make her highly resistant to Magic or Immunity. Boom Bam Done.

When you look at people who are OP already AND get power boost for no Freaking Reason like:
    -Hulk(Currently Devil Hulk is THE most powerful of them all),
    -Cosmic Thor(Has the OdinForce in him, Cosmic Energy AND his Godly Power),
    -Sentry(Him and his darkside are fused together making him more powerful) ,
    -Black Silver Surfer(who can phase through any attack now)
    -Venom(somehow he is powerful enough to beat Gods)
    -Cosmic Ghost Rider

I mean **** let Storm be OP as well. It's only fair.......
    Honestly, if a writer actually wrote Storm, based on the breadth and variety of her weather powers, she is already OP. Baseline mutant Ororo Munroe is OP AF. Throw in Omega and now Goddess, she is an absolute beast. But she is rarely written to flex her mutant muscles to the extent that she is clearly capable of being written. The only thing that is really kind of missing from Storm's arsenal is a recognition of her physical durability. But characters written to their max is kind of rare. Even Superman, for the sake of stories and team dynamics, doesn't do all that he can. And that is one OP character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lol you are really somethin else lmaoo. But also probably the smartest for so carefully guarding your expectations and learning from past Storm fan exploitation by these SLIPPERY writers. I’m sure you’re much less disappointed then most here when are expectations aren’t met. I just have to own that I’m a hopeless optimist and take whatever pain comes along with that. There’s nothing better though when your hopes are met in kind by epic, amazing issues! Hoping against all hope that we get at LEAST one epic Storm showing out of the three possible chances we get. My biggest hopes are for BP but I also fear that he will once again end the issue with one his his dreadful “cliffhangers” again, pro-longing the perceived pay out of that preview. Followed by GS:JG+EF because holy Oshtur that art alone makes my heart soar. Much less getting to see an extended voyage through Ororo’s mind for the first time ever AND written by Hickman no less. I know Emma and Jean will be the stars but if it’s anything like the New X-men Silent Issue that it’s inspired by then we might have some pretty hefty revelations coming our way for Hadari Yao. Did I mention the ART??? Lastly, not hoping for much Storm action in XM/FF, even with the allusions to a possible conflict with Doom given by the ending of issue #1 with her being woken up to calm the storm as soon as he enters the scene. The fact that I’m not a huge Dodson fan and also wasn’t thrilled with her “voice” last issue keeps that a solid 3rd place for me. Even looking forward to the apparently “huge” / “red” issue of X-men over that one tbh.
    That's why I don't try to say anything when the rest of the Storm Fans get ALL EXCITED. I don't wanna bust ya'll bubbles and be a jerk and say "I Tried to tell Ya'll"....wait a minute yes I DO!!! :-).

No, but all joking aside that's fine it's good to be optimistic and hopeful it's exciting. For me i'm just fed up with Bullshit and I can sense Bullshit very fast. My Hopes are not coming from BP because he gives Storm 1 or 2 pages of Power Display and that's it. And we don't see Storm again for like the next 3-8 issues later -_-. My irritation(God I hope i'm wrong) is that Storm does nothing in BP, but just sit there criss crossed applesauce the entire time. And IF she does something and its the heat thing and that's it. It's going to be bitter sweet because we are EXPECTING Goddess Storm and Coates is NOT giving that to us. He has the Ball in his court the X-Office are looking at him. But whatever. As for Giant Size Jean/Emma I am more excited for this because we are going into the mind of Storm as you already know. THIS IS IT.....THIS COULD BE the TIE of her God Head and the X-Office already acknowledge that they like the direction Coates is going with. I don't care if it's about Jean/Emma that's fine. But we are probing the mind of storm and we HAVE to have SOMETHING to see and talk about. Now XvFF i'm not really all that excited because I don't see much conflict her. If they do fight i'm expecting Dr.Doom to be Doombot and i'm expecting the fight to be over quick honestly.

My Nuggets are telling me there is going to be a HUGE controversy regarding Storm due to Black Panther and Giant Size: Jean/Emma I can already see it. XvFF is nothing, but Drama and random fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Honestly, if a writer actually wrote Storm, based on the breadth and variety of her weather powers, she is already OP. Baseline mutant Ororo Munroe is OP AF. Throw in Omega and now Goddess, she is an absolute beast. But she is rarely written to flex her mutant muscles to the extent that she is clearly capable of being written. The only thing that is really kind of missing from Storm's arsenal is a recognition of her physical durability. But characters written to their max is kind of rare. Even Superman, for the sake of stories and team dynamics, doesn't do all that he can. And that is one OP character.
    This is all true. But the people I listed are ALREADY OP, and yet they get Power Boost to BOOST their already OP powers. That makes no sense. So, why not Storm :-) As you said Basline Storm is OP as we all know. But Goddess Storm! can make the difference lol.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

This is all true. But the people I listed are ALREADY OP, and yet they get Power Boost to BOOST their already OP powers. That makes no sense. So, why not Storm :-) As you said Basline Storm is OP as we all know. But Goddess Storm! can make the difference lol.
    Friend, if Coates, Hickman, or another writer wrote Storm showing her true mutant ass off, the way we all know she can and should be depicted, this thread would blow the hell up, and so would you and BK. LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Friend, if Coates, Hickman, or another writer wrote Storm showing her true mutant ass off, the way we all know she can and should be depicted, this thread would blow the hell up, and so would you and BK. LOL.
    OF COURSE! I would Foolish MORTAL!. I won't go crazy like Butterflykyss would, but i'd be sitting back smiling saying "That's mah Girl". Hickman and Duggan's interpretation of Storm reminds me of Punk Rock Storm. And Punk Rock Storm was one of my favorite versions of her. As for Coates if he would STOP playing with us and GIVE US what Goddess Storm can do we have a better argument to say Storm is Herald Level.

BOOM!!! But sadly we are still waiting.......

In regards to Magic Immunity why not? She has ties to Oshtur. Do it like this Aquaman had this ability called "Poseidon's Blessing" which allowed him immunity to all forms of Magic.

Turn around and do that for Storm. Call It "Oshtur's Blessing" or "The Blessing of Oshtur" make her highly resistant to Magic or Immunity. Boom Bam Done.

When you look at people who are OP already AND get power boost for no Freaking Reason like:
    -Hulk(Currently Devil Hulk is THE most powerful of them all),
    -Cosmic Thor(Has the OdinForce in him, Cosmic Energy AND his Godly Power),
    -Sentry(Him and his darkside are fused together making him more powerful) ,
    -Black Silver Surfer(who can phase through any attack now)
    -Venom(somehow he is powerful enough to beat Gods)
    -Cosmic Ghost Rider

I mean **** let Storm be OP as well. It's only fair.......
    I would be happy with her either getting a big increase in durability (at least on par with She-Hulk) or taking on an energy form that makes her intangible.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would be happy with her either getting a big increase in durability (at least on par with She-Hulk) or taking on an energy form that makes her intangible.
    Yeah, i'd be fine with that. Just give me SOMETHING to work with. lol

Yeah, i'd be fine with that. Just give me SOMETHING to work with. lol
    if they give her Class 80 tons strength range plus She-Hulk's durability.

They would have to ban me from every comic book message board. LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    if they give her Class 80 tons strength range plus She-Hulk's durability.

They would have to ban me from every comic book message board. LOL
    LOL nah, they will try and Ban Storm for BS reasons.

I would be laughing at all the people who are salty that Storm got a 80 strength range and durability. HAHA I can feel the angry keystrokes that users are typing. HAHAHAHA

LOL nah, they will try and Ban Storm for BS reasons.

I would be laughing at all the people who are salty that Storm got a 80 strength range and durability. HAHA I can feel the angry keystrokes that users are typing. HAHAHAHA
    I would spend the day just drinking their tears. <insert evil laugh>