Page 115 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ok, so remember, on the page notes about omegas, Hickman stated that omega mutants may often display more than one power, but only one power is omega level. So like Jean is telepathic and telekinetic, but only an omega level telepath. Or like Exodus has lots of different powers, but only his TK is omega level. So maybe Ororo concentrating on manipulating the artificial environments of so many ships spread over a large distance just made her radiate a lot of life force energy, so the nearby plants were stimulated secondarily. Not by her main omega power of weather manipulation(which we know is not exactly what she does), but rather, her secondary ability to detect and manipulate life force energy.

Like I said before, it's really on Coates to specify her 'godhead' abilities, which after all this time, he has not done in the slightest.

In any case, here's the alternate Storm I was talking about:

Attachment 93762

She restored her planet instantly from scorched desert to lush and vegetated in a moment. Bow down to the goddess!

Attachment 93764
    I'm all for speculation when the writer doesnt tell us what is happening. But Coates, since Ororo was revealed to be a goddess, has been using that term - goddess- whenever hes describing her abilities. He even mentioned early on that her godhead goes much deeper than her mutation. So to collectively group this to some form of secondary mutation - ×while arguably makes sense - doesn't gel in the slightest to the stories he been telling since Ororo was revealed to be a goddess. As another close friend pointed out, storm's godhead was triggered again in shuri and all she did was shoot lightning and create a vortex of wind. Simply, Goddess Ororo can and should be able to do anything she normally would do as a mutant but the reverse isnt true.

That said, I wasn't convinced there was much difference between what she could do with the eceptiom of utilizing divine energy when in god mode but today has revealed that she has a deeper ability via her godhead to manipulate plants or at least create an environment where they can grow to their most optimal form. I would love more direct details to exactly what she can do as a god but he has provided us some detail of this. We know it's her blood right and she is powered by faith. Shes described as a bigger god than Adversary/Sefako and if we are to take coates for how she was literally described prior to executing the feat, she can manipulate plantlife.

I loved that version of Storm. Coates seems to be bringing the two closer together
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Oooooo weee! That sounds awesome & juicy! Supreme master Atmokinetic!
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I will reveal the Storm specific spoilers for the issues that matter in the order I read them. The first book was BP and the second Giant Size.

Black Panther
    spoilers:

This issue starts in the past, showing us how Nakia first joined the rebels fighting against N'Jadaka. The issue then jumps to the present where we see Nakia and her forces protecting the gate that will send Njadaka and his fleet directly to Wakanda prime.

We then jump to the ship Shuri is commanding, where Ororo is also located. Shuri tells Hodari that Ororo has more to give and we then see Ororo meditating (while levitating) in a close quarters room. Behind her we see several newly grown plants behind her. The scene then cuts to Killmonger and Njadaka were they have an internal discussion about their plans ( Njadaka consciousness resides within Killmonger). Njadaka then comments on it getting hot.

We then get a flashback Nyami (I believe this is her name) reveals she doesnt trust Nakia and wants to know why she joined the rebels. It immediately cuts back to the current battle and the Shuri and her forces are nearing defeat. We see Ororo again meditating and the flowers behind her have noticeably and significantly grown. Nakia's able to take down some targets but she needs more time before she make another attack. This is where Shuri tells storm its time. The plants have now completely almost covered the room where we only see ororos face.

Storm is then shown explaining what she has been doing. She explains she has been building a rapport with all the energies of Njadakas fleets and its life support, and its microclimates. I would add I think she was connecting with all the energies of the this part of the galaxy and she needed more time to specifically target Njadakas fleets. Ororo effectively manipulates the environment removing the conditions they need to sustain life on tNjadaka ships resulting in the life support alarm to be triggered; however, Njadaka is able to survive the assault. Nakia then reveals she was intended to spy the rebels for Njadaka but after fighting with them she grew to support their cause. She then seemingly sacrifices herself to prevent Njadaka and his fleet from going through the gate.

Now to what Storm specifically did. I dont see this as her simply using her mutant power. Shes never been shown to be able to cause plants to grow, especially at the rate we see here. Shuri keeps commenting on ororo being a goddess and I believe her tapping into her godhead, the energies that emanated from her resulted in this rapid growth. I will say I would believe she could do the attack she did on all the fleets using her own power; however, I think the plant growth and Shuris dialogue before we see Storm in action are meant to show us were seeing goddess storm in action

I also want to add I was right about Nakia being a spy lol
    end of spoilers

Giant Size
    spoilers:

The issue starts with two mutant children noticing and eruption of power. They discover that it is storm. Emma and Jean both walk past Logan and Scott to enter a chamber where Ororo is laying. They both enter into her mind. We then see them appear before a baobab tree with ororos headdress hovering above it. Its tranquil and serene but Ororos mind senses a threat and tries to repel it. Jean and Emma proceed deeper into her mind.

Jean and Emma appear before two protectors of Ororos mind that appear in a form of a white manned lion and a white lioness. (From talking to fellow storm friends this is a callback to Marvel Teamup 100 where Tchalla refers to Ororo as his white haired lioness). The lions look at Jean and Emma. Jean let's them know they are friends. However the lions first have to test this. They first look at jean and Ororos embrace of Jean when she returned from the dead in Inferno. The male lion smiles. The lioness then looks at Emma, and their battle where Storm zaps Emma after Ororo successfully returns to her body when Emma stole it is shown. Emma shrugs her shoulder like I dont know what to tell you boo (which I found to be funny). The lions then turn to snakes and attack both Jean and Emma. This is a pure display of her mental defenses being able to combat two telepaths as powerful as them. The snakes bat away Jean and focus on taking out Emma who has to turn diamond to prevent herself from being killed. Jean then successfully takes away the anger Ororo has for Emma, and reveals Ororo strength and inner beauty (willpower) which appears in the form of a elephant with butterfly wings. It then carries them both to the baobab tree where they enter it.

They both attempt to go deeper in her mind but ororo still resist where they both are buried alive in complete darkness. This again is a testament to Ororos willpower being able to resist their efforts to enter her mind. They both use their powers together and they are able to break free. They then go deeper until they see a resurrection pod. They pull a flower from the broken pod and fully naked storm appears. She then immediately starts to decay, where a timer is displayed on her forehead. Ororo cries out to them asking them to save her via lightning. Jean and Emma embrwce storm. They then leave her mind and the chamber where they tell scott and Logan she only has 30 days to live
    end of spoilers

These issues both were so amazing to me as a storm fan!!! I simply have been blown away by how great they both were. Coates and Hickman truly outdid themselves. Coates expounded on the power that is the goddess and showed just how dangerous she can be while doing yoga bitches!!! Hickman showed us the beauty and power of Ororos mind. We saw glimpses of those things she values through several past events in canon. That was something I truly valued the most from the issue but we also saw her strength in will to resist Jean and Emma in the way she did. And the art was AMAZING!!! I couldnt ask for anything more!!!

this was an amazing week for storm fans!!!!!! Coates adding another layer to Ororos ability. Hickman showing us the beauty and power of Ororos mind!!! I simply am on cloud 9!!!

when has Weather manipulating storm been able to cause plants to grow at the rate at which they did? How would her power as a mutant even allow that ?

I respectfully disagree. I most definitely think her mutant abilities could replicate the same thing we saw with the attacks on the ship; however, I dont think it takes away from what occurred. The plants- to me at least - clearly is the indicator there is something more going on than just her mutant power .
    Nice! Thank you both for getting me through until I got my books. Checking out BP now & GSXM now. Will respond later with my thoughts on Storm. I am loving the GSXM art. Her mental defenses are well represented and formidable! And my initial BP impression (love the way Coates is writing BP and handling the warrior women in the book) is that the rapid plant growth may be a byproduct of her atmospheric manipulation, but is much more than likely a representation of the power of Hadari Yao. I’m not sure what to make if the significance, but if Coates is looking for a creative way to represent her divine power over nature in a way that is distinguishable from her weather manipulation this is a great way.

BANNED

also how do we think ororo will deal with the new virus?
    will it be another brood egg moment, or perhaps her godhood will make her rebirth something special?

Emma just can't stop being a bitch even when she tying to help...lol

Password: Examples of Friendship

Jean: The moment we saw each other during Inferno.

Emma: That time I stole her body...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I thought that was funny. And what was more funny is that the Lion turned into a Snake. I thought that symbolized as Emma being a Snake.......HAHAHAHAHA

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I thought that was funny. And what was more funny is that the Lion turned into a Snake. I thought that symbolized as Emma being a Snake.......HAHAHAHAHA
    LOL. I had the same thought about the snake. Emma was being honest about her and Ororo's general relationship with each other, so lying wouldn't have been a good idea. She had to offer something up but yikes, why that part of their history?

Didn't even think about the snake representing Emma. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    LOL. I had the same thought about the snake. Emma was being honest about her and Ororo's general relationship with each other, so lying wouldn't have been a good idea. She had to offer something up but yikes, why that part of their history?
    I wonder what would happen if they lied.

ALSO, I liked how Storm's Mind is also actively saving them too:
    RCO020_1582731231.jpg
    RCO021_1582731231.jpg
    You can see how the Tree attacks them and a HUGE BOLT protects them and then we see Storm(I THINK it's her Godhead watching over them) protects them.

So, i'm going out on a limb as Storm is trying to fight off this Virus.

I took that as a sign of her godhead. It was literally a giant head forming from space around the focus of her diadem(the symbol of her time as goddess before the X-Men).

Divine.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Same here....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Nice! Thank you both for getting me through until I got my books. Checking out BP now & GSXM now. Will respond later with my thoughts on Storm. I am loving the GSXM art. Her mental defenses are well represented and formidable! And my initial BP impression (love the way Coates is writing BP and handling the warrior women in the book) is that the rapid plant growth may be a byproduct of her atmospheric manipulation, but is much more than likely a representation of the power of Hadari Yao. I’m not sure what to make if the significance, but if Coates is looking for a creative way to represent her divine power over nature in a way that is distinguishable from her weather manipulation this is a great way.

you're welcome boo. you know for some reason I thought of demeter the goddess when I sa this issue.

I cant wait for your thoughts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I just realized something.

Giant Size: Jean/Emma basically shows us how Strong Storm's Resistance to Telepathy is. Even 2 Powerful TP users barely made it through her mind.

I think this this WHOLE Book is a TP resistance Book.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I thought these were the images ororo herself saw of them not necessarily ones thretelepaths projected. that said, I thought emma response was hilarious.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I wonder what would happen if they lied.

ALSO, I liked how Storm's Mind is also actively saving them too:
    RCO020_1582731231.jpg
    RCO021_1582731231.jpg
    You can see how the Tree attacks them and a HUGE BOLT protects them and then we see Storm(I THINK it's her Godhead watching over them) protects them.

So, i'm going out on a limb as Storm is trying to fight off this Virus.
    That's a great observation/interpretation. Yes, I think her lightning is her defense mechanism. I think she used her lightning like a flare gun, when it shot from the mountain, as a SOS as she passed out from the virus. I also wonder how long Ororo was walking around with that infection before he overtook her. That could also be sign of her physical/mental strength.

I just realized something.

Giant Size: Jean/Emma basically shows us how Strong Storm's Resistance to Telepathy is. Even 2 Powerful TP users barely made it through her mind.

I think this this WHOLE Book is a TP resistance Book.
    This is precisely what I thought when I read the book. One of them would not have made it against her attacks, especially when she buried them in the same way she was buried alive as a child when her parents were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought these were the images ororo herself saw of them not necessarily ones thretelepaths projected. that said, I thought emma response was hilarious.
    No, it was a passcode thing. The Lions ask a question, Jean conjure the right answers and Emma gave the wrong answer.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-26-2020 at 05:44 PM.