Page 119 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm cool with both of those predictions.
    thanks beloved.

I just have to say this again because it's worthy of being said: Coates knocked this issue off the freaking planet. Wind rider made reference to Ororo needing to commune to the elements when inside the acanti. back in uncanny 166 Storm did this to protect herself and the acanti healing her body:

Since then we have had writers demonstrate her ability to use her powers in space, specifically duffie; however, more modern writers wished to reduce her to needing weather to use her power:

However, Ta'Nahesi Coates would later come along and tie Ororo and her abilities back to what Claremont had initially established years ago. Since BP issue 17 back in August of 2017, Coates has been steadily revealing to us his understanding of canon and her abilities. He told us her gift of godhead was greater than any mutation and from there he has been peeling back the different layers of this gift. Yes let's be clear this has been his only reference about her mutation and its importance as it relates to her. To conclude her display in BP 21 was due to her omega abilities would require you to ignore a story three years in the making. It wasnt until black history month of 2020 almost 3 years later that Coates completed the circle and showed us just how deep his understanding of Ororos ability are. So much so it mirrors almost exactly how Claremont described it back in issue 166.

I've seen the criticism and hate from some but I for one am so grateful for what he has done for the character. Not even a few years ago Storm fans would have been banned or called fanboys for saying she was a goddess or could make plants grow, or she could beat characters like Adversary and yet here we are. I certainly believe this development in his book made it impossible to ignore the power she possessed which led the way to the eventual announcement she is an omega. All of this, what we are enjoying now as Storm fans, what we have been craving for so long is not only because of Coates and his clear understanding of the character. But also because Hudlin cared enough to put these two together. It all has brought her to the deliciousness we have now. So for black history month I thank and appreciate what Coates has done for this character and I hope that continues to positively impact her growth for the many years to come. Who would have thought when she first appeared in his books early in '16/17 in the BP books we would be at this point.

That said, give this man his due as he changed the trajectory for this character and he should be celebrated for it!!!! I dare you to name another writer (not named claremont) who has developed her in the degree he has, especially considering she is just a supporting character in his book.

#hadariyao
    #forevercoates
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-27-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Since then we have had writers demonstrate her ability to use her powers in space, specifically duffie; however, more moderns writers wished to reduce her to needing weather to use her power:

However, Ta'Nahesi Coates would later come along and tie Ororo and her abilities back to what Claremont had initially established years ago. Since BP issue 17 back in August of 2017, Coates has been steadily revealing to us his understanding of canon and her abilities. He told us her gift of godhead was greater than any mutation and from there he has been peeling back the different layers of this gift. Yes let's be clear this has been his only reference about her mutation and its importance as it relates to her. To conclude her display in BP 21 was due to her omega abilities would require you to ignore a story three years in the making. It wasnt until black history month of 2020 almost 3 years later that Coates completed the circle and showed us just how deep his understanding of Ororos ability are. So much so it mirrors almost exactly how Claremont described it back in issue 166.

I've seen the criticism and hate from some but I for one am so grateful for what he has done for the character. Not even a few years ago Storm fans would have been banned or called fanboys for saying she was a goddess or could make plants grow, or she could be characters like Adversary and yet here we are. I certainly believe this development in his book made it impossible to ignore the power she possessed which led the way to the eventual announcement she is an omega. All of this, what we are enjoying now as Storm fans, what we have been craving for so long is not only because of Coates and his clear understanding of the character. But also because Hudlin cared enough to put these two together. It all has brought her to the deliciousness we have now. So for black history month I thank and appreciate what Coates has done for this character and I hope that continues to positively impact her growth for the many years to come. Who would have thought when first appeared in his books early in '16/17 we would be at this point.

Give the man his due as he changed the trajectory for this character and he should be celebrated for if!!!!

#hadariyao
    #forevercoates
    Mic drops with a righteous clatter.

bK.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-27-2020 at 03:27 PM.

thanks beloved.

I just have to say this again because it's worthy of being said: Coates knocked this issue off the freaking planet. Wind rider made reference to Ororo needing to commune to the elements when on the acanti. back in uncanny 166 Storm did this to protect herself and the acanti healing her body:

I'm sure she would be devastated to find out the Brood have her child.

Since then we have had writers demonstrate her ability to use her powers in space, specifically duffie; however, more moderns writers wished to reduce her to needing weather to use her power:

However, Ta'Nahesi Coates would later come along and tie Ororo and her abilities back to what Claremont had initially established years ago. Since BP issue 17 back in August of 2017, Coates has been steadily revealing to us his understanding of canon and her abilities. He told us her gift of godhead was greater than any mutation and from there he has been peeling back the different layers of this gift. Yes let's be clear this has been his only reference about her mutation and its importance as it relates to her. To conclude her display in BP 21 was due to her omega abilities would require you to ignore a story three years in the making. It wasnt until black history month of 2020 almost 3 years later that Coates completed the circle and showed us just how deep his understanding of Ororos ability are. So much so it mirrors almost exactly hoe Claremont described it back in issue 166.

I've seen the criticism and hate from some but I for one am so grateful for what he has done for the character. Not even a few years ago Storm fans would have been banned or called fanboys for saying she was a goddess or could make plants grow, or she could be characters like Adversary and yet here we are. I certainly believe this development in his book made it impossible to ignore the power she possessed which led the way to the eventual announcement she is an omega. All of this, what we are enjoying now as Storm fans, what we have been craving for so long is not only because of Coates and his clear understanding of the character. But also because Hudlin cared enough to put these two together. It all has brought her to the deliciousness we have now. So for black history month I thank and appreciate what Coates has done for this character and I hope that continues to positively impact her growth for the many years to come. Who would have thought when first appeared in his books early in '16/17 we would be at this point.

Give the man his due as he changed the trajectory for this character and he should be celebrated for if!!!!

#hadariyao
    #forevercoates
    Well said...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'm sure she would be devastated to find out the Brood have her child.

Well said...
    wait the broodship she attacked had babies? in that scan I posted? she sure would have been devastated lol.

and thank you beloved!!! u know I love u lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Mic drops with a righteous clatter.

bK.jpg

thank you so much boo! lololol

I felt this needed to be said because Coates has done way too much for it not to be said.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I felt this needed to be said because Coates has done way too much for it not to be said.
    And you linked the issue to it also being Black History Month. Hell, next month is Women's History Month but I feel as if BP #21 covered that month too. I'm convinced Coates would've written one hell of a Storm solo. I also agree that the omega announcement only came because Coates showed Ororo being a goddess. No, he might not have explained all that it entailed but he was consistent in BP that she was one, with everyone in that book taking it as a matter of fact, even when she didn't.

After a while, it became glaringly obvious that the X-writers were staying far away from making the same claim in their books. So, out comes that she is an omega level mutant. Now, Hickman and others are writing her as that because that's the label they claimed and want to control. But Storm fans, as you mentioned, want goddess Storm, not simply omega Storm.

Love it.

Now, for my T'Challa fans. BP needs a big, kickass win. After all of this empire stuff, T'Challa needs to close this arc out in a fierce way. Coates needs to make that happen.

I'm stuck on why there are two big cats here. Okay, the one with the white mane is clearly supposed to be Ororo. So, why the second cat? I know some readers have said they are lions, while others have claimed them to be panthers. When I first saw them, I was in the camp that they were panthers and that the mane wasn't a lion's mane but an easy way to show that it was supposed to be Storm. So, whether lion or panther, why two of them? I have a crazy, unlikely theory but it would explain why resurrection wouldn't be an "easy" fix to Ororo dying.

Storm Bast 2.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-27-2020 at 05:34 PM.

I'm stuck on why there are two big cats here. Okay, the one with the white mane is clearly supposed to be Ororo. So, why the second cat? I know some readers have said they are lions, while others have claimed them to be panthers. When I first saw them, I was in the camp that they were panthers and that the mane wasn't a lion's mane but an easy way to show that it was supposed to be Storm. So, whether lion or panther, why two of them? I have a crazy, unlikely theory but it would explain why resurrection wouldn't be an "easy" fix to Ororo dying.

Storm Bast 2.jpg
    White hair= her willpower (I say this because she did resist Malice's posession during her powerless era so I guess it makes sense)
    Lioness= mutation?

Cause both do play a part in her psychic defenses .. who knows?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    White hair= her willpower (I say this because she did resist Malice's posession during her powerless era so I guess it makes sense)
    Lioness= mutation?

Cause both do play a part in her psychic defenses .. who knows?
    Hmm, interesting theory. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I vaguely recall someone posting in this thread stating that Storm no longer possesses energy sight/ her powers no longer functioned in their original manner due to writers simply not using them (ignoring that her energy sight is the reason her eyes glow in the first place) It's funny how the universe works when my chickens answer the call.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm Bast 2.jpg
    I just assumed one was a Lion (Ororo) and one was a Panther (T'Challa) and they both protect the entry to Storm's soul.

AAMOF, Storm actually encountered a lion with a white mane before when she went to Africa.

RCO004_1469327960~2.jpg

Sorry, I'm a Storm/Black Panther supporter for life.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-27-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I just assumed one was a Lion (Ororo) and one was a Panther (T'Challa) and they both protect the entry to Storm's soul.

AAMOF, Storm actually saw a lion with a white mane before when she went to Africa.

I'm also an Ororo and T'Challa pairing fan. I also initially thought the cats were Ororo and T'Challa. I now have a different, though unlikely, theory about the cats, which is really me overthinking things. Smh.

BANNED

while others have claimed them to be panthers. When I first saw them, I was in the camp that they were panthers and that the mane wasn't a lion's mane but an easy way to show that it was supposed to be Storm. So, whether lion or panther,

Storm Bast 2.jpg
    Don't make me smack some sense into you.

Really? Panthers?......................................... ...........
    That is what you call a LION and the one Next to the LION is what you call a LIONESS. OR if you want it can be a Panther.

Sweet Jesus i'm going to need to take ya'll BACK to Kindergarden *mumbling to myself* these kids think Lions are Panther's Lawd I tell you this Generation..........

I'm also an Ororo and T'Challa pairing fan. I also initially thought the cats were Ororo and T'Challa. I now have a different, though unlikely, theory about the cats, which is really me overthinking things. Smh.
    I felt they were suppose to represent her connection to her divine ancestors. The white hair which is traditional hair color of females from her ancient line. It felt the divinity was patriachial since the male kikn had the white hair. Like the implication was there was a make that mated with a warrior (female lions are the hunters) and that resulted in the females inheriting the strength. But that was proably me thinking too deep. I also for a second thought they may represent her parents as an inverse of when Jean met them last time when she entered storms soul.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And you linked the issue to it also being Black History Month. Hell, next month is Women's History Month but I feel as if BP #21 covered that month too. I'm convinced Coates would've written one hell of a Storm solo. I also agree that the omega announcement only came because Coates showed Ororo being a goddess. No, he might not have explained all that it entailed but he was consistent in BP that she was one, with everyone in that book taking it as a matter of fact, even when she didn't.

After a while, it became glaringly obvious that the X-writers were staying far away from making the same claim in their books. So, out comes that she is an omega level mutant. Now, Hickman and others are writing her as that because that's the label they claimed and want to control. But Storm fans, as you mentioned, want goddess Storm, not simply omega Storm.

Love it.

Now, for my T'Challa fans. BP needs a big, kickass win. After all of this empire stuff, T'Challa needs to close this arc out in a fierce way. Coates needs to make that happen.
    I still have faith at some point he will. I cant take full credit to the black history month because I was having a similar conversation with him, which he referenced. our discussion inspired me to make the post I I did. shout out to bberyan!! I value our community of fandom so much because we truly are a family taking on the characteristics of one: we support each other, disagree and argue but at the end of the day we have each others backs.

I digress, I hope coates still one day does a storm solo but if he does not we have the beautiful world he gave us in BP. what I love about his storm is that even though she is powerful, it's not something she directly throws in other peoples faces or necessarily embraces. she however has to accept it as she fights to protect those she values most.

xwriters, duggan and Hickman, have stayed away from it. I think to be fair we must remember Rosenberg and kelly Thompson both acknowledged storm was a real goddess as laid out by coates. I can share the link with u if you like to Rosenberg's tweet. but I think coates work - despite sales - has been critically acclaimed for being well written sowhat he has done for storm couldnt be denied. I mean it could but fans would press them as to why they are not referencing his work. I dont know if you had the displeasure of reading xmen gold by Guggenheim but he was a writer who went out of his way to contradict everything coates was doing. it was painfully obvious his efforts and there were many debates here that the xoffices would never acknowledge coates work. in fact Guggenheim told me personally he had a hard time writing her using powers beyond wind and lightning. he even told Claremont work around her energy sight was a retcon lol. so its now so awesome to Coates is still standing where his works for her is driving the narration around her power. I hope duggan and Hickman officially reference ot.

I trust coates is going to make it where he can save the djalia and restore the memories of galatic wakandans. he may even be the one who helps get bast her powers back. he hasnt failed me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I vaguely recall someone posting in this thread stating that Storm no longer possesses energy sight/ her powers no longer functioned in their original manner due to writers simply not using them (ignoring that her energy sight is the reason her eyes glow in the first place) It's funny how the universe works when my chickens answer the call.
    Bish I'm through with you lolol. I recall that convo too.

AAMOF, Storm actually encountered a lion with a white mane before when she went to Africa.

RCO004_1469327960~2.jpg

dont be sorry boo. and yes another reference to the white maned lion. I'm living!! this one predates the scan i posted!!!