Page 123 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I love that Ororo has an X-Men and BP family. This week reminded Ororo fans that she has both. Jean, Scott, Logan, even Emma came to Ororo's aid, as they should and as she would and has for them in the past. Dauterman's emotional expressions were priceless. Scott and Logan sitting vigil in what felt like a sacred place was beautiful--the men waiting while the women did the work. And over in BP, the women did the work there, too. Coates has done a great job, as I believe Hudlin did as well, showing Shuri's and Ramonda's love and respect for Ororo. Shuri was a great general, trusting Ororo and Nakia to do what they did best. When it came down to Ororo showing her power and attacking N'Jadaka, Shuri did not call her Storm but Ororo, asking if she were ready. And I love Ororo's response of "Yes, sister." Mutual love and respect between these two African female characters. Ororo is older and has more combat experience than Shuri, but there was no ego between these women--Shuri led and Ororo followed. Shuri trusted and Ororo delivered.

BP #21 was such a good example of writing "Black" female characters well. This includes the dignity given to Nakia, as she laid down her life for a cause she learned to believe in, turning her back on oppression and embracing freedom.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post

indeed we do love growth! you better spread this truth and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I love that Ororo has an X-Men and BP family. This week reminded Ororo fans that she has both. Jean, Scott, Logan, even Emma came to Ororo's aid, as they should and as she would and has for them in the past. Dauterman's emotional expressions were priceless. Scott and Logan sitting vigil in what felt like a sacred place was beautiful--the men waiting while the women did the work. And over in BP, the women did the work there, too. Coates has done a great job, as I believe Hudlin did as well, showing Shuri's and Ramonda's love and respect for Ororo. Shuri was a great general, trusting Ororo and Nakia to do what they did best. When it came down to Ororo showing her power and attacking N'Jadaka, Shuri did not call her Storm but Ororo, asking if she were ready. And I love Ororo's response of "Yes, sister." Mutual love and respect between these two African female characters. Ororo is older and has more combat experience than Shuri, but there was no ego between these women--Shuri led and Ororo followed. Shuri trusted and Ororo delivered.

BP #21 was such a good example of writing "Black" female characters well. This includes the dignity given to Nakia, as she laid down her life for a cause she learned to believe in, turning her back on oppression and embracing freedom.
    yes to all of this. I loved shuri and ororos dialogue with one another as it shows how they both value each other. there's nothing but respect and love for the tek.

yes nakias sacrifice, considering her backstory, made the move that much more moving.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All great points. I love the relationship between Ororo and Shuri. There is a tremendous amount of respect and love for one another. I also love that Ororo refers to Shuri as her sister.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    All great points. I love the relationship between Ororo and Shuri. There is a tremendous amount of respect and love for one another. I also love that Ororo refers to Shuri as her sister.
    Yes, I love that Coates had Ororo call Shuri "sister." It doesn't matter that Ororo and T'Challa are no longer married, the women still think of and treat each other as sisters. I would love more Ororo and Shuri team-up, even just showing them being silly and having fun during their downtime, as women not necessarily as heroes and leaders.

Ultimate Member

Coates's run on Black Panther ENDS this June.

So he has no excuse for not pitching a Storm book to X-Office.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-29-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I'm sure many BP fans are cheering this news. Since I've enjoyed Coates writing of T'Challa and Ororo as a couple, I do wonder what the future holds for them. I guess it's not a coincidence then that the X-writers are now doing something with Ororo as Coates departs BP. Sigh. I hope Marvel hasn't done all of this with the couple just to backtrack again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Coates's run on Black Panther ENDS this June.

So he has no excuse for not pitching a Storm book to X-Office.
    All I know is.....Before he leaves HE BETTER explain more in depth of Goddess Storm. He’s been putting this off for too long.

We need ANSWERS..NOW!!!

I'm sure many BP fans are cheering this news. Since I've enjoyed Coates writing of T'Challa and Ororo as a couple, I do wonder what the future holds for them. I guess it's not a coincidence then that the X-writers are now doing something with Ororo as Coates departs BP. Sigh. I hope Marvel hasn't done all of this with the couple just to backtrack again.
    well now that you mention it, this does make more sense that they (the xwriters) said they wanted his story to play out. I'm not happy but hopefully the xwriters wont ignore his work.

Oh trust me we are lol! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well now that you mention it, this does make more sense that they (the xwriters) said they wanted his story to play out. I'm not happy but hopefully the xwriters wont ignore his work.
    I hope they won't either. I guess we'll see what happens.

Does anyone know will be take over the writing duties on BP?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    All I know is.....Before he leaves HE BETTER explain more in depth of Goddess Storm. He’s been putting this off for too long.

We need ANSWERS..NOW!!!
    Umm, I doubt he will since he is leaving. He will probably leave it up to the X-writers and the next BP writer, assuming Ororo will show up in future BP issues, to define her godhood. This may be all we get of her godhead. It seems X-writers are content with writing her as an Omega level mutant only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Oh trust me we are lol! YES!
    LOL. Hey, if Coates wasn't working for you then you have every right to cheer his departure. Do you know who the new writer will be?

LOL. Hey, if Coates wasn't working for you then you have every right to cheer his departure. Do you know who the new writer will be?
    No announcement. Part of the Empyre event is an invasion in Wakanda so we might have to see how that shakes out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No announcement. Part of the Empyre event is an invasion in Wakanda so we might have to see how that shakes out first.
    With June not being that far away, they have to know who the new writer will be, especially if Marvel doesn't plan on putting BP on a temporary hiatus between one writer and the next.

Thanks for answering.