Page 124 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I hope they won't either. I guess we'll see what happens.

Does anyone know will be take over the writing duties on BP?
    it hasn't been announced yet. but now it's time to test my theory. coates haters said BP was tanking because of his writing. let's see if the new writer takes the book to new heights!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it hasn't been announced yet. but now it's time to test my theory. coates haters said BP was tanking because of his writing. let's see if the new writer takes the book to new heights!!
    The book has to be good first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The book has to be good first.
    coates book was critically acclaimed. it didnt do well. buy let's just see what will happen under the new title if it gets a new author.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

coates book was critically acclaimed. it didnt do well. buy let's just see what will happen under the new title if it gets a new author.
    For your argument to work, the people who hate Coates have to say the next book is great while sales fall. Because if we say the book isn't good, why would sales be high.

For your argument to work, the people who hate Coates have to say the next book is great while sales fall. Because if we say the book isn't good, why would sales be high.
    some of those who despise coates will be all over the book despite it being bad or not, just as long as coates isnt there. we've seen some of these people praise agents of wakanda even though it's not nearly as well written.

some of those who despise coates will be all over the book despite it being bad or not, just as long as coates isnt there. we've seen some of these people praise agents of wakanda even though it's not nearly as well written.
    If you mean word choice, yes AoW is not as well written, but it's a better comic book.

If you mean word choice, yes AoW is not as well written, but it's a better comic book.
    well there you go. you dont like coates and you think AoW is a better comic. you just made my point lol.

all jokes aside, I know there are some bo fans who are happy with this news but I'm not convinced whoever the next person is will do the things for the franchise that they claimed coates wssnt and couldnt do.

With Coates leaving in June, it will be interesting to see how or even if Storm will be featured in the title by the next writer. Either way, I hope at the very least the next writer doesn't undo the healing between Ororo and T'Challa. The two of them are in a good place and we certainly don't need a repeat of that AvX nonsense.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Writing a better BP book than coates isn't saying much. Not at all a hard task.

Pray my chickens get us some sort of closure on what Storm's status as a goddess fully entails
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I hope whatever Hickman has in store for Storm that it is something good. At least he does write her well and has a good handle on her voice. I like the role Storm plays in presenting a mutant after resurrection. I also love that she's on the quiet council. I wish we saw more of the council. A quiet council book would be great. I enjoy Storm on Marauders but I wish she was leading. Storm is a leader. She is often the heart of the X-men. I don't know how anyone could read Claremont's original run and not see that Storm was often the emotional center.

I loved Giant Size X-men because of the focus on Storm, Jean, and Emma. Storm is a fascinating character. I hope Jean is in the Giant Size Storm solo and I'm interested to see how they save Storm (could a technopath help?). I don't read Black Panther so I cannot say much about it except that I am glad Storm has a bigger role to play in the broader Marvel Universe. She is the most famous X-woman I would think (with probably Jean as second). She deserves her own book or at least a miniseries.

well there you go. you dont like coates and you think AoW is a better comic. you just made my point lol.

all jokes aside, I know there are some bo fans who are happy with this news but I'm not convinced whoever the next person is will do the things for the franchise that they claimed coates wssnt and couldnt do.
    It is better. They write Tchalla better, the action is better, and the story is better.

Its comparable to Moby Dick. It's a well written book, but it's boring as hell. Most fantasy adventure books are better than it.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

This is an interesting statement from someone who has professed to be a Storm and Black Panther fan. With the new writer coming I wonder if my theory about certain Storm and Black Panther so-called fans turns out to be true.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 02-29-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This is an interesting statement from someone who has professed to be a Storm and Black Panther fan. With the new writer coming I wonder if my theory about certain Storm and Black Panther so-called fans turns out to be true.
    why is it interesting? please expound.

nevertheless, what's more interesting - I think - is seeing someone who expressed not liking seeing storm in BP suddenly post in her thread. But let me know if your theory pans out to be true. (^_^)
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-01-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    With Coates leaving in June, it will be interesting to see how or even if Storm will be featured in the title by the next writer. Either way, I hope at the very least the next writer doesn't undo the healing between Ororo and T'Challa. The two of them are in a good place and we certainly don't need a repeat of that AvX nonsense.
    this is my hope as well but it's not a guaranteed unfortunately. the writer of the recent BP cartoon mentioned if he were able to write BP he woull not include storm in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Pray my chickens get us some sort of closure on what Storm's status as a goddess fully entails
    queue up those chickens boo it seems we are going to need a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hope whatever Hickman has in store for Storm that it is something good. At least he does write her well and has a good handle on her voice. I like the role Storm plays in presenting a mutant after resurrection. I also love that she's on the quiet council. I wish we saw more of the council. A quiet council book would be great. I enjoy Storm on Marauders but I wish she was leading. Storm is a leader. She is often the heart of the X-men. I don't know how anyone could read Claremont's original run and not see that Storm was often the emotional center.

I loved Giant Size X-men because of the focus on Storm, Jean, and Emma. Storm is a fascinating character. I hope Jean is in the Giant Size Storm solo and I'm interested to see how they save Storm (could a technopath help?). I don't read Black Panther so I cannot say much about it except that I am glad Storm has a bigger role to play in the broader Marvel Universe. She is the most famous X-woman I would think (with probably Jean as second). She deserves her own book or at least a miniseries.
    agreed boo!!