Page 132 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 9190

Adversary has only been in like, 3 stories, and in 2/3 of them, Forge essentially solos him. Adversary is a minor demon, he's not even a real god.

Claremont had Storm taking down Brood ships with cosmic lightning back in the 80's, and she didn't need 5 issues to charge up. Even Hudlin had Storm knocking space ships out with a thought.

Coates can't write competitively in the comics medium. I hope they don't saddle Ororo with him on her solo. Marauders is not Storm at her best, but I will say it's more entertaining that what Coates manages. Let Hickman do his thing on Storm's Giant Size issue and then we can reassess the situation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    defeating adversary isnt impressive when the combined might of the xmen couldnt do a thing to him without sacrificing their lives and even still it didnt keep him locked away. and I know you dont like Coates but dont minimize the feat to heating ships. She obtained communion with all the energies of the galaxy including those on the ship. You have not seen a writer, including hickman, do something odd the sort since Claremont.

but continue enjoying her welcoming reborn xmen back from the dead while she takes orders from kitty and emma.

Yeah, I think the defeat of Adversary IS an impressive feat.

Actually, how it played out on panel was anticlimactic and not really on par for how big of a feat it truly is. To your point, the Adversary is a team level, (really a reality level threat). For Storm to one shot him, while impressive, was still somehow a little bit of a let down. This gets to my point of why Coates is a boring writer. He didn't put the emphasis on the fight between the two and that's the excitement lies. For her to blast him with lightning and for that to be the end of things is like

https://giphy.com/gifs/w3QsOYBlbAURq/html5

BANNED

HAHAHAHA Get him together Yogaflame. LOL.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Adversary has only been in like, 3 stories, and in 2/3 of them, Forge essentially solos him. Adversary is a minor demon, he's not even a real god.

Claremont had Storm taking down Brood ships with cosmic lightning back in the 80's, and she didn't need 5 issues to charge up. Even Hudlin had Storm knocking space ships out with a thought.

Coates can't write competitively in the comics medium. I hope they don't saddle Ororo with him on her solo. Marauders is not Storm at her best, but I will say it's more entertaining that what Coates manages. Let Hickman do his thing on Storm's Giant Size issue and then we can reassess the situation.
    Forge didnt solo him when the fought in their initial encounter. He had to sacrifice his soul, as well as the other xmen, to lock him away. Roma even tells them he can never be destroyed so I'm not sure how you can come to such a conclusion considering you knowledge of canon.

No it wasnt brood ships beloved. it was a brood ship and she did it with the help of the acanti that was restoring her body.

he cant write competeviely as you say yet marvel thinks differently as he was allowed to write multiple books over 3 years starting back in 2017 and is still writing Captain America. There is also no telling what other books he may write. creative teams come and go that is just the nature of the beast. if it was an issue with his writing marvel would have let him go but yet hes still on their payroll.

And I figured you would find mauraders more entertaining and that's ok. I just prefer a storm written as a black empowered goddess shown as the big gun instead of a woman who babysits kitty and takes order from emma.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-03-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yeah, I think the defeat of Adversary IS an impressive feat.

Actually, how it played out on panel was anticlimactic and not really on par for how big of a feat it truly is. To your point, the Adversary is a team level, (really a reality level threat). For Storm to one shot him, while impressive, was still somehow a little bit of a let down. This gets to my point of why Coates is a boring writer. He didn't put the emphasis on the fight between the two and that's the excitement lies. For her to blast him with lightning and for that to be the end of things is like

https://giphy.com/gifs/w3QsOYBlbAURq/html5
    it very much is impressive and anyone who is saying otherwise is being disingenuous. adversary isnt a street level villain. hes a demon god of chaos.

at any rate, storm was a bigger god so a drawn out fight where they battled back and forth would have contradicted that claim. if you actually think about the xmen original encounter with him it was more or less the same. the ending just didnt require anyone to sacrifice their lives in order to seal him away in a portal.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Adversary lowball

Forge did not sacrifice his soul in that feat, he sacrificed the souls of the X-Men, which was only in replication of him sacrificing the souls of his lost platoonmates from Vietnam which is what he used to summon the demon in the first place. There was another Adversary story in X-Factor in the 90's and Forge essentially takes care of him alone(by combining his mystical and technological abilities) when it came down to it.

Storm incinerating Brood ships before the Acanti show up.

Coates has shed over 200k readers over the course of his run. The most recent issues of BP are barely breaking 15k. He's not a competitive writer.

I don't really like Marauders, I think it's pretty trashy over all, but it is more entertaining than Coates waxing bs for 4 years and accomplishing nothing but making Wakanda some sort of self-destroying quagmire.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-03-2020 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Adversary lowball
    It really isn't. Adversary is a powerful threat and a Problem, but he isn't a God and can be beaten by Metal of any form and can be beat by any Powerful Magic. Basically, Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo, Scarlet Witch and Magik could really solo the guy if they REALLY got serious.

Hell Dr. Doom can beat Adversary. **** if Forge is someohow able to best this Powerful Reality Warping Demon all the time? I don't see why the people I listed can't.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Forge did not sacrifice his soul in that feat, he sacrificed the souls of the X-Men, which was only in replication of him sacrificing the souls of his lost platoonmates from Vietnam which is what he used to summon the demon in the first place. There was another Adversary story in X-Factor in the 90's and Forge essentially takes care of him alone(by combining his mystical and technological abilities) when it came down to it.

Storm incinerating Brood ships before the Acanti show up.

Coates has shed over 200k readers over the course of his run. The most recent issues of BP are barely breaking 15k. He's not a competitive writer.

I don't really like Marauders, I think it's pretty trashy over all, but it is more entertaining than Coates waxing bs for 4 years and accomplishing nothing but making Wakanda some sort of self-destroying quagmire.
    I was referring to this encounter:

and I cant recall the time forge fought him the second time. I know he embraced his mystical side as he was for beating him with science but even still he came back years later . as roma said he cant be destroyed.

ato the storm scan, that was only two ships. Ororo took over multiple fleets that were attacking with njadaka spread across a vastly larger area than the one you showed.

Marvel disagrees with you about him not being competitive as he is still on the payroll.

As I said, if you find what duggan is doing in Mauraders more entertaining you're most entitled to that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It really isn't. Adversary is a powerful threat and a Problem, but he isn't a God and can be beaten by Metal of any form and can be beat by any Powerful Magic. Basically, Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo, Scarlet Witch and Magik could really solo the guy if they REALLY got serious.

Hell Dr. Doom can beat Adversary. **** if Forge is someohow able to best this Powerful Reality Warping Demon all the time? I don't see why the people I listed can't.
    he has a weakness towards metal. he cant be beaten by it.

BANNED

he has a weakness towards metal. he cant be beaten by it.
    With a Weakness like such, i'm willing to bet he probably would be beaten as such.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    With a Weakness like such, i'm willing to bet he probably would be beaten as such.
    he cant be beaten by metal. he simply regenerates. if that were the case the xmen would have done so when they first encountered him instead of sacrificing their lives to save earth.

Notice in that feat, Forge is doing all the work.

Coates is on the payroll for like, a couple more months. He already got the pink slip. They are being nice to let him finish his run, but the numbers have been cancellation level for several months now.

it very much is impressive and anyone who is saying otherwise is being disingenuous. adversary isnt a street level villain. hes a demon god of chaos.

at any rate, storm was a bigger god so a drawn out fight where they battled back and forth would have contradicted that claim. if you actually think about the xmen original encounter with him it was more or less the same. the ending just didnt require anyone to sacrifice their lives in order to seal him away in a portal.
    And here is where are going to disagree. You claim Storm is a bigger god - how so? We don't know enough about her godhood to make that claim. Adversary capture and subdued Roma who is the guardian of all reality. I am not sure you can support your claim that Storm is a bigger guide without more evidence.

I'll also disagree that a drawn out fight would somehow diminish Storm's godhood or stance as a so called bigger god. It actually could have supported your claim if we saw Adversary's attacks as ineffective against her. As it is, what we got was a let down for the size of the feat that it truly is.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 03-03-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    And here is where are going to disagree. You claim Storm is a bigger god - how so? We don't know enough about her godhood to make that claim. Adversary capture and subdue Roma who is the guardian of all reality. I am not sure you can support your claim that Storm is a bigger guide without more evidence.

I'll also disagree that a drawn out fight would somehow diminish Storm's godhood or stance as a so called bigger god. It actually could have supported your claim if we saw Adversary's attacks as ineffective against her. As it is, what we got was a let down for the size of the feat that it truly is.

Tchalla described her as such in the issue leading up to the final battle. I'm assuming Tchalla knows a lot more in regards to her godhead which is why he made such a claim. So I'm not saying that, I'm quoting what Tchalla said in the issue.

Well let's recall how the battle played out. Tchalla, Shuri, Thunderball, the Wakandan Mages, Storm, etc. were all fighting him and they had no luck in putting a dent in him. So there was a back and forth, Ororo just didnt tap into her divine powers. Also, Adversery didnt have a chance to attack her once Ororo blasted him. But we can agree to disagree here. If Tchalla calls her a bigger god only for him to shrug off her attack and follow it up with additional attacks that statement wouldnt ring true.