Page 137 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Giant Size X-Men: Storm comes out in May right??? Or was their a date ever given??
    Pretty sure they said June.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you must havent heard what halle berry said about her ex husband. these things happen all the time unfortunately.

https://www.business2community.com/s...ghter-01078842
    Did she every say that she knew about his attitudes beforehand? Any hints during their relationship?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

yea I love the original look as well. are you going to add color to it?

it looks very nice. please continue to share your work beloved.
    Thanks.
    Yes, I’ll colour it too. But not tonight.
    I’ll post it when she’s done.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Did she every say that she knew about his attitudes beforehand? Any hints during their relationship?
    I'm not sure but again this is just one example that these types of things are not unheard of as crazy as it may sound.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thanks.
    Yes, I’ll colour it too. But not tonight.
    I’ll post it when she’s done.
    thanks boo!!! keep us posted!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://www.cbr.com/storm-black-pant...nda-mindscape/

CBR has a really nice article digging into some of the images we saw from Giant size. The scene we first see may be more than just the kenya Savannah but according to the article it may be her version of the djalia showing her connection or deeper connection to Wakanda. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-04-2020 at 03:47 PM.

I'm not sure but again this is just one example that these types of things are not unheard of as crazy as it may sound.
    I only ask because if she didn't know and it happens after the divorce, being shocked is understandable. But to circle back, WKs xenophobia isn't a secret. Its something the mother and father most likely knew about and if I'm to believe Yost(I think thats who created him), the mother is xenophobic too, except for the person she was having sex with. Because if the father were around, she would have treated Gentle the same? I just want a background story where they say the Mother is xenophobic except for people she is sleeping with.

I only ask because if she didn't know and it happens after the divorce, being shocked is understandable. But to circle back, WKs xenophobia isn't a secret. Its something the mother and father most likely knew about and if I'm to believe Yost(I think thats who created him), the mother is xenophobic too, except for the person she was having sex with. Because if the father were around, she would have treated Gentle the same? I just want a background story where they say the Mother is xenophobic except for people she is sleeping with.
    I would imagine that this was not something unbeknownst to halle but I dont think it siuld be fair to categorize that situation as an outsider looking in.

and think about Michael jackson father. his children had done numerous interviews regarding how he picked at their children's big noses and hair even though their physical attributes were a direct reflection of him. just because an individual has a child doesnt mean they will protect them from varying degrees of their own self hate.

I don't think it was the Djalia. If it was, then those felines would have been actual deities or ancestors, and I don't like the idea of Jean and Emma ripping them apart. I think it was, as it was presented; her mindscape. I think she lived on the savannas of Kenya for most of her life compared to any other situation, so that's the bedrock. She's so connected to physical life and nature, that's her sense of self: a life-giving baobab tree. That glowing diadem could be her Divine nature. She's trapped somewhere inside of herself by that unnatural virus. That theme even resonates with Hickman's basic premise of mutants representing nature, natural evolution, in contrast to the post-humans augmented by machines but transcending them(the major theme expressed in PoX).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think it was the Djalia. If it was, then those felines would have been actual deities or ancestors, and I don't like the idea of Jean and Emma ripping them apart. I think it was, as it was presented; her mindscape. I think she lived on the savannas of Kenya for most of her life compared to any other situation, so that's the bedrock. She's so connected to physical life and nature, that's her sense of self: a life-giving baobab tree. That glowing diadem could be her Divine nature. She's trapped somewhere inside of herself by that unnatural virus. That theme even resonates with Hickman's basic premise of mutants representing nature, natural evolution, in contrast to the post-humans augmented by machines but transcending them(the major theme expressed in PoX).
    the only reason I'm inclined to disagree, at least with you points about djalia, is the baobab tree has been a staple symbol in the BP bools:

we canonically see this tree again in wakanda in Shuri:

these trees as of late have been a wakandan thing and not necessarily tied to ororo in any way. aside from that I would agree with your assessment.

I wonder what storyline changes Hickman has in store for ororo and how it all may link to what we saw in her mind and to wakanda potentially.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-04-2020 at 04:12 PM.

the only reason I'm inclined to disagree, at least with you points about djalia, is the baobab tree has been a staple symbol in the BP bools:

we canonically see this tree again in wakanda in Shuri:

these trees as of late have been a wakandan thing and not necessarily tied to ororo in any way. aside from that I would agree with your assessment.
    To be fair, Baobab Trees are a staple of parts of Africa in general.

To be fair, Baobab Trees are a staple of parts of Africa in general.
    they are BUT as many times as Ororo has been shown in africa before becoming and xman and after has she ever been associated so visibly as she has in giant size. the only other references we have seen to this spectacular tree have been from the BP line both onscreen and in canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Pretty sure they said June.
    Thank You sir.

Jonathan: Our last issue is a bookend by myself and Russell Dauterman. We’re doing Giant-Size X-Men: Storm. (Which pays off the first issue and also features more characters than just Storm).

It really sets up what we’re going to be doing with her for the next couple of years.

is this our hint of a storm solo???? hickman.... you tease.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/storm-black-pant...nda-mindscape/

CBR has a really nice article digging into some of the images we saw from Giant size. The scene we first see may be more than just the kenya Savannah but according to the article it may be her version of the djalia showing her connection or deeper connection to Wakanda. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the. It's a decent enough article if you ignore the fact that the author seems to have no clue as to Ororo's current status in the BP universe. Smh.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-04-2020 at 04:47 PM.