Page 138 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks for the. It's a decent enough article if you ignore the fact that the author seems to have no clue as to Ororo's current status in the BP universe. Smh.
    youre welcome boo. yea the writers of these articles tend to ignore anything related to her that doesnt occur in the xbooks with the exception of the divorce. I'm not sure if it its intentional or not but considering Top 10 Nerd knows this bit I'm not sure why CBR loves to gloss over what Coates has done.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Coates is not the first and only person to acknowledge the Baobab tree as part of significant African symbolism...in literature or art. Anyone who is interested in African lore, anyone who is literate and well-read...eg writers, would know that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Coates is not the first and only person to acknowledge the Baobab tree as part of significant African symbolism...in literature or art. Anyone who is interested in African lore, anyone who is literate and well-read...eg writers, would know that.
    It got introduced as a symbol in Nnendis' Shuri solo book. Unless you mean one of his other works.

I meant in general...in other literature and mediums, apart from comics. What Dauterman shows in GSXM he may very well have gotten from perusing Shuri but it's probably just as likely that he came up with that imagery on his own if he did any historical research on what an African veldt looks like and the significance of the Baobab tree. It's not an uncommon image or knowledge.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    [url]

This is what I'm talking about not taking the tiara away from Ororo. I can't believe some of you would want that removed from here when it's her iconography. This page sums up what I want to say. They only need to show the symbol, and YOU KNOW they're referring to Storm. Jean has the Phoenix, Betsy has the butterflies, the rest of the X-Men doesn't even have THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It got introduced as a symbol in Nnendis' Shuri solo book. Unless you mean one of his other works.
    the baobab tree hasnt been used in the context of storm ever and i dont see it being a coincidence Hickman went for this seeing its use in black panther bith canonically and in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    This is what I'm talking about not taking the tiara away from Ororo. I can't believe some of you would want that removed from here when it's her iconography. This page sums up what I want to say. They only need to show the symbol, and YOU KNOW they're referring to Storm. Jean has the Phoenix, Betsy has the butterflies, the rest of the X-Men doesn't even have THAT.

yes I love her diadem represents her brand!! I love it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

the baobab tree hasnt been used in the context of storm ever and i dont see it being a coincidence Hickman went for this seeing its use in black panther bith canonically and in the movies.

yes I love her diadem represents her brand!! I love it!!
    Having lived in South Africa and Mozambique a baobab tree is not something unheard of and is a commonly referred tree in literature when talking about southern africa. It could be either that or sheer coincidence.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-05-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Having lived in South Africa and Mozambique a baobab tree is not something unheard of and is a commonly referred tree in literature when talking about southern africa. It could be either that or sheer coincidence.
    I didnt say it was unheard. I mentioned in the context of storm it has never been used as a symbol of any sort. Is that not true? Also what does outside literature as it relates to south Africa have to do with 616 canon wakanda and what is depicted in ororos mind?How it is depicted in literature doesnt reflect how it was represented in Shuris book or in Ororos mind. Find me an instance outside of the BP books where you see it shown or depicted in the xbooks relating to Ororo and then I think you would have a case.

And nothing is a coincidence with Hickman. He is very deliberate in the manner in which he conveys his story.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-05-2020 at 07:32 AM.

the only reason I'm inclined to disagree, at least with you points about djalia, is the baobab tree has been a staple symbol in the BP bools:

these trees as of late have been a wakandan thing and not necessarily tied to ororo in any way. aside from that I would agree with your assessment.

I wonder what storyline changes Hickman has in store for ororo and how it all may link to what we saw in her mind and to wakanda potentially.
    That is not a baobab tree with the panthers in it(from the Djalia), that is an acacia tree, another iconic tree of the African savanna.

I wonder what Hickman has in store. I hope he brings his A game; his previous Marvel work tends to focus on the male characters. His use of Mystique/Destiny, Moira, and Emma in the X-books so far are somewhat of an anomaly(but they are all morally dark grey, which is his preferred cup of tea). Not that Ororo can't or shouldn't have an edge too, but she is a bit more upright than he tends to do well with. I hope he surprises me in June(and I hope they actually use dialog next time, no more silent issues please!).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-05-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is not a baobab tree with the panthers in it(from the Djalia), that is an acacia tree, another iconic tree of the African savanna.

I wonder what Hickman has in store. I hope he brings his A game; his previous Marvel work tends to focus on the male characters. His use of Mystique/Destiny, Moira, and Emma in the X-books so far are somewhat of an anomaly(but they are all morally dark grey, which is his preferred cup of tea). Not that Ororo can't or shouldn't have an edge too, but she is a bit more upright than he tends to do well with. I hope he surprises me in June(and I hope they actually use dialog next time, no more silent issues please!).
    thanks for the clarification boo!

I hope he brings his a-game as well. with giant size I was pleasantly surprised with all the nuggets we got so that issue give me confidence we are going to get something great in her book. it seems like from the things I've seen from Hickman and Duggan that Ororo is going to have a greater presence in the Xbooks so it has me excited. As much as I liked the Giant size issue I need dialogue so we dont have to go back and forth on what the writer/artist was trying to convey to the reader.

you must havent heard what halle berry said about her ex husband. these things happen all the time unfortunately.

https://www.business2community.com/s...ghter-01078842
    um idk if he used racial slurs towards his own child and if he did that means he's used them on Halle before he nutted inside her. So she trying to tell people she decided to stay in a relationship with a racist white man, get married, and let him get her pregnant? Nah no ma'am, something ain't adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    um idk if he used racial slurs towards his own child and if he did that means he's used them on Halle before he nutted inside her. So she trying to tell people she decided to stay in a relationship with a racist white man, get married, and let him get her pregnant? Nah no ma'am, something ain't adding up.
    Huh? You are making a complete assumption that he used them on Halle before they had a baby together. The article made no such claims. You are drawing conclusions based on assumptions that haven't even been claimed, much less substantiated. In fact, a quick google search on the issue shows indicates that he became vindictive and threatening AFTER the broke up.

Enh...the most iconic iteration of Storm...for me...has been her Punk Phase, without the tiara. And she's been without it off and on for long periods at a time.
    So...It's not that big a deal if they don't make it part of her look going forward.
    That said, its lack of visual presence does not detract from its iconic status in any way.

I like the punk phase for her character arc, but I'm not very fond of the mohawk. I love the diadem, and was glad to see it brought back in that Kelly/Seagle run in the 90's. I don't think it is 100% necessary for her everyday looks, but I do hope they include it in her MCU origins[as a weather goddess] at least.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I love her current look but...It would be coolz if she rocked her previous looks...Classic, Punk, Outback, Jim Lee, Kelly/Seagle...on occasion.