Page 140 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    You always say what I'm trying to say. I love it.
    Glad to hear my words resonate with you. Many thanks.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's from the anniversary of the giant sized issue. current artists, including jen, are working on this anniversary issue. it goes on sale may 27!
    Ah right! By papa CC, right? I am looking forward to this expanded story. I never really liked the original but maybe this refreshed expanded version will be better,

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ah right! By papa CC, right? I am looking forward to this expanded story. I never really liked the original but maybe this refreshed expanded version will be better,
    I'm not sure if there will be any major differences to the main story but here's a link that provides what this issue will contain.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...isioned-issue/

In 1975, writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum changed the comics landscape forever with “Giant-Size X-Men #1”. This special issue marked a new genesis for the team, introduced iconic Marvel characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, and set the X-Men on the path to becoming the cultural powerhouses they are today. Now, 45 years later, Marvel Comics is honoring this landmark issue in an extraordinary way with the help of 37 of the industry’s top artists.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-05-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Giant-Size X-Men #1 was created by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum. They created Storm and imagined her as an eternally 16 year old goddess, as ancient as time. Len Wein became line editor right after this was released, so he passed the project off to then basically intern-Chris Claremont, who went on to define that team into the greatest comic book superheroes of all time. I think the issue is certainly of it's time(while also being extremely progressive for those times), and the plot and story are relatively straightforward, but I think the vignettes introducing the new X-Men are excellent and do a great job of presenting varied responses to mutants all around the world. I love it and hope it's used as the basis for the MCU X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure if there will be any major differences to the main story but here's a link that provides what this issue will contain.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...isioned-issue/

In 1975, writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum changed the comics landscape forever with “Giant-Size X-Men #1”. This special issue marked a new genesis for the team, introduced iconic Marvel characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, and set the X-Men on the path to becoming the cultural powerhouses they are today. Now, 45 years later, Marvel Comics is honoring this landmark issue in an extraordinary way with the help of 37 of the industry’s top artists.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Giant-Size X-Men #1 was created by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum. They created Storm and imagined her as an eternally 16 year old goddess, as ancient as time. Len Wein became line editor right after this was released, so he passed the project off to then basically intern-Chris Claremont, who went on to define that team into the greatest comic book superheroes of all time. I think the issue is certainly of it's time(while also being extremely progressive for those times), and the plot and story are relatively straightforward, but I think the vignettes introducing the new X-Men are excellent and do a great job of presenting varied responses to mutants all around the world. I love it and hope it's used as the basis for the MCU X-Men.
    Ah OK! I totally misremembered this. I loved GSXM#1! So this will be AMAZING! For some reason I thought it was going to a retelling of God Loves Man Kills. I didn’t much care for that story. GSXM as the basis for an MCU movie would be amazing! But I am greedy. That movie would need to be at least 3.5 hrs long to do the characters justice.

Ah OK! I totally misremembered this. I loved GSXM#1! So this will be AMAZING! For some reason I thought it was going to a retelling of God Loves Man Kills. I didn’t much care for that story. GSXM as the basis for an MCU movie would be amazing! But I am greedy. That movie would need to be at least 3.5 hrs long to do the characters justice.
    They are also re-releasing GLMK with some extra story by Claremont sometime soon. I like the original story as it is. Even though Storm was barely in it, it was the first time Magneto worked with the team, and it was dark and gritty in a way X-Men hadn't quite been before.

I'm here for an epic MCU movie. I will sit the whole time!

Wish they would do Magento capturing the X-Men in his underground Volcano and my first introduction to the Savage Land. That was and Epic Story.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-06-2020 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Wish they would do Magento capturing the X-Men in his underground Volcano and my first introduction to the Savage Land. That was and Epic Story.
    Goddess I want that story on the big screen one day! Ororo picking the locks with her mouth is the coolest/sexiest/saddest(when Nanny came in and she had to do it all over again) scene ever!

another review that concludes some of the imagery we saw in giant size was tying to her relationship to tchalla:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-black-panther-comic/

they described the terrain as wakandan ancestral plains as well. guess since they also concluded this terrain, including the baobab tree, is wakandan inspired they are not interested in African lore, literate and well-read.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-06-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Goddess I want that story on the big screen one day! Ororo picking the locks with her mouth is the coolest/sexiest/saddest(when Nanny came in and she had to do it all over again) scene ever!
    I remember reading that and as like: "TF did Storm just dislodge her Neck???. EW!! Cool, but EW!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    that would be cute. that was a good story. I would like seeing giant size on the big screen.

I was reading that a full xmen movie is a couple of phases away so it seems marvel is going to take a slow drip approach to introducing the xmen.

The wait alone for an X-Men movie is like ugh.
    When ever they confirm Rouge to be in MsMarvel2
    And Wolver&Hulk Movie.
    But even than that's seem to be stretching/delaying an actual X film.
    And who's to say Storm will be the first film.

I actually wonder when and where Storm will debut .

Yes. He was my first favorite character, before I met Storm, and I actually like yoga and fire breathing.

Attachment 94134
    And I thought your name was YogaFlame because you did Yoga. Really I did...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

When someone comes along and remembers thunderstorms produce antimatter and Storm starts flinging antimatter bolts instead of lightning
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I was re-reading some Xtreme X-men and came across my collection of Storm the Arena. I wanted to see what we think of this story? Also what do we think of the possibility that Storm was a sex worker in this story? Does this add to her story or is this something we collectively want to forget?

I recall the rage when the story came out. It had a lot of negative reviews on this forum and others at the time. I just wanted to see what we think of it now. Has our view of this story changed?