Page 142 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ma...ntrol-weather/

Storm tops the list as the most power weather manipulator. Thor eat your heart out!
    Truthfully, the only person I put above Storm here is Gaea.

I'm sure some Thor fans are out there outraged at this list putting Storm above Thor when it comes to weather manipulation. Poor Hurricane didn't even make the list. LOL

Also, if we're pulling one-time controlling weather feats out of our ass, then Meggan, Shaman and Iceman should be on the list.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I would list people who's powers ARE Weather Control. But whatever.

I'll do the research on her. After reading about Aero whom people call her "Wind Rider" i'm not surprised.

A LONG LONG time ago. I had a long argument about Thor vs Storm who is better at Weather Control. Because I didn't have that much knowledge on Thor I wasn't too sure what he could do.

SO after that, I decided to do some EXTENSIVE research on what Thor can do in regards of controlling weather. Becuase Thor fans and other People strongly believe that Thor is the BEST at Controlling the Weather. So, I had to test it out and compare Feats between what Thor can do and what Storm can do. And boy when I say Pathetic...............IT'S PATHETIC.

Thor Without the Hammer can(your going to laugh):
    -Make it Rain
    -Summon Lightning
    -Summon Thunderstorms
    -Because he's a God he made it (This was 1 Time only and he never did it again) rain Acid or Fire I don't remember.
    -Summon Cosmic Winds basically Solar Winds really.....

Thor With his Hammer(your still going to laugh):
    -Can create Thunderstorms
    -Manipulate EM spectrum to a small degree
    -Create Tornadoes
    -Shoot Lighting/Summon Lightning
    -Cause Earthquakes

The only difference between Thor and Storm is that Thor is FAR more Destructive with his powers than Storm. That's REALLY the ONLY reason they are apart, but other than That Storm outclasses him. That is a Fact. Don't believe me go search it up.
    I dont think that weather b!tch character has any noteworthy feats. but if you find any please share.

and seriously, what is up with these writers using monikers associated with storm? like it's not creative in the least.

so wait, thor without hammer can create solar winds but cannot create tornadoes? that doesnt really make sense to me. and what do you mean hes more destructive? couldnt her storms be as easily destructive if she didnt care about hurting innocent people?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    My real question is what is the she the goddess of? To me, that would really help define what she should and shouldn't be able to do.

I believe in short Ororo is the goddess of order (one who preserves the balance of all natural things). She would be the opposite of what Adversary represents which is a chaos. Interestingly enough I was looking up the equivalent of this god in African mythology and this happens to be Maat. Maybe Ororo is a direct descendant of Maat that Coates will one day explore .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Truthfully, the only person I put above Storm here is Gaea.

I'm sure some Thor fans are out there outraged at this list putting Storm above Thor when it comes to weather manipulation. Poor Hurricane didn't even make the list. LOL

Also, if we're pulling one-time controlling weather feats out of our ass, then Meggan, Shaman and Iceman should be on the list.
    I'm sure some will.chalk it up as just another stupid list from cbr but im.just happy she is number 1.

so wait, thor without hammer can create solar winds but cannot create tornadoes? that doesnt really make sense to me. and what do you mean hes more destructive? couldnt her storms be as easily destructive if she didnt care about hurting innocent people?
    I think the majority of Thor controlling the weather feats have been with Mjlonir. So we really don't know the extent of his weather powers without his hammer.

I'm assuming when he says Thor's weather powers are more destructive. He means Thor doesn't have any fineness with his abilities, it's an all or nothing kind of thing. Sledgehammer (Thor) Vs. Surgeon Scalpel (Storm)...for example.

I remember a Thor fan could only find one pic of Thor using his powers in a non-destructive way...he used winds to carry the Quinjet.

I think the majority of Thor controlling the weather feats have been with Mjlonir. So we really don't know the extent of his weather powers without his hammer.

I'm assuming when he says Thor's weather powers are more destructive. He means Thor doesn't have any fineness with his abilities, it's an all or nothing kind of thing. Sledgehammer (Thor) Vs. Surgeon Scalpel (Storm)...for example.

I remember a Thor fan could only find one pic of Thor using his powers in a non-destructive way...he used winds to carry the Quinjet.
    oh I gotcha. that makes sense. maybe thor should lose his hammer indefinitely as it seems to cripple him in a lot of ways. can he even fly without his hammer?

oh I gotcha. that makes sense. maybe thor should lose his hammer indefinitely as it seems to cripple him in a lot of ways. can he even fly without his hammer?
    I think so but it's another one of those things where we don't have many feats of him doing it. I know for a fact he can hover...as he does it all the time when he throws Mjolnir.

I think so but it's another one of those things where we don't have many feats of him doing it. I know for a fact he can hover...as he does it all the time when he throws Mjolnir.
    yea mjolnir seems to be his crutch. I think when considering this one could make the argument for her being a better weather manipulator than him...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Thor can also create temporal storms
    A Temporal Storm is not the same as a regular Thunder Storm. I know what you're saying, but we are talking about controlling Earthly Weather.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Nate Grey generated a rainstorm once, I know Phoenix Jean could control the weather (even absorb lightning bolts) and weather witch literally appeared for like .. two issues to my knowledge and all I remember was a rainstorm and a few lightning bolts lmfao
    Ok, Interesting. But to me I don't consider them people who can Control the Weather...that's not their actually power set. So, to me that doesn't really count.
    I dont think that weather b!tch character has any noteworthy feats. but if you find any please share.

and seriously, what is up with these writers using monikers associated with storm? like it's not creative in the least.

Once I find some feats of Weather Witch i'll post them.

IDK, honestly it doesn't bother me. I do find it funny.

When I say more Destructive that means Giant Lightning covering the Planet, Giant Hurricanes covering the planet, Thunder shaking the Planet etc etc. Destructive as in Grandiose things.

In regards to the Solar Winds thing. YEAH i'm glad you caught how that doesn't makes sense. LOL Keep that in mind.

I think we do. Without his Hammer he has none. I've asked a Thor fan to produce scans to PROVE to me that Thor can control the weather without the hammer. And you know what he produced??? 2 Scans making it rain and summon lighting. And HE admitted that Thor doens't have much control over the Weather without the Hammer.

You are 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Love it. How much does he cost for a pic? Wanna see if he can do something for me.

A Temporal Storm is not the same as a regular Thunder Storm. I know what you're saying, but we are talking about controlling Earthly Weather.

Ok, Interesting. But to me I don't consider them people who can Control the Weather...that's not their actually power set. So, to me that doesn't really count.

Once I find some feats of Weather Witch i'll post them.

IDK, honestly it doesn't bother me. I do find it funny.

When I say more Destructive that means Giant Lightning covering the Planet, Giant Hurricanes covering the planet, Thunder shaking the Planet etc etc. Destructive as in Grandiose things.

In regards to the Solar Winds thing. YEAH i'm glad you caught how that doesn't makes sense. LOL Keep that in mind.

I think we do. Without his Hammer he has none. I've asked a Thor fan to produce scans to PROVE to me that Thor can control the weather without the hammer. And you know what he produced??? 2 Scans making it rain and summon lighting. And HE admitted that Thor doens't have much control over the Weather without the Hammer.

You are 100% right.
    I doubt you will find any posts of ww worth posting but I will be waiting.

I should have know it doesnt bother u lol

couldnt ororo, in theory, do the same thing?

yea it doesn't make sense to me at all.

BANNED

I doubt you will find any posts of ww worth posting but I will be waiting.

I should have know it doesnt bother u lol

couldnt ororo, in theory, do the same thing?

yea it doesn't make sense to me at all.
    That's if I find ANY.

In Theory what?? I don't know what you mean.

RIGHT?! So, how the Hell is Thor better in Weather Manipulation if he consistently contradicts himself when he doesn't have his hammer? Someone tell me please because I guess I'm A CRAZY STORM FAN.

That's if I find ANY.

In Theory what?? I don't know what you mean.

RIGHT?! So, how the Hell is Thor better in Weather Manipulation if he consistently contradicts himself when he doesn't have his hammer? Someone tell me please because I guess I'm A CRAZY STORM FAN.
    couldn't ororo make lightning bolts as big as planet, or hurricane as large as planet ?

do his fans think he can do what he has shown with the hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Giant-Size X-Men #1 was created by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum. They created Storm and imagined her as an eternally 16 year old goddess, as ancient as time. Len Wein became line editor right after this was released, so he passed the project off to then basically intern-Chris Claremont, who went on to define that team into the greatest comic book superheroes of all time. I think the issue is certainly of it's time(while also being extremely progressive for those times), and the plot and story are relatively straightforward, but I think the vignettes introducing the new X-Men are excellent and do a great job of presenting varied responses to mutants all around the world. I love it and hope it's used as the basis for the MCU X-Men.
    16-years old? I never saw her as anything other than an adult, I didn't even realize reading Giant Size that she was supposed to be a minor. I don't think she was ever meant to be a goddess though? Like Charles clearly states she is not a goddess but rather a mutant.