Page 145 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Do your research like I have.

I'll wait.....because I can guarantee he hasn't.
    I dont like thor enough to look him up like that. I will just take your word.

that said, I'm not sure how anyone can argue hes more powerful considering he has done those basic uses of her powers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

interesting point. take his powers with the mother storm (via his hammer) away. doesnt he still have the ability to control the weather? wouldnt this mean he has a deeper connection to the weather?
    Truthfully, I really can't think of one impressive weather feat Thor has without holding Mjolnir/Mother of Thunder enhancing his powers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Truthfully, I really can't think of one impressive weather feat Thor has without holding Mjolnir/Mother of Thunder enhancing his powers.
    HAHAH That's funny I can't either. Know why? Because he has none.

HAHAH That's funny I can't either. Know why? Because he has none.
    It's like my comic book history on Thor is a lie. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

ANYWAY, I think we've talked enough about this.

What's NEXT? Any Storm NEWS???? Hey Kyss where's Storm Solo?....I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The O5 were early 20s by the end of the original 60s run. Havok graduated college in his first appearance (making him 20/21). Bobby was the same age as him and the rest were older
    Havok being about 22 in his first appearance and Scott being several years older than him even then really has to swept under the carpet if they are all still under 30. Iceman was still a sophomore in college in Uncanny 145(vs. Doom and Arcade arc), and he wasn't old enough to drink in the Classic X-Men backup story to Giant Size #1, which would make him what, under 19 then? Even though he was explicitly 16 in X-Men #1 1963. It's a mess really.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Len Wein only wrote her for one issue, so his(and Dave Cockrum's) ideas for her(as a timeless youthful goddess from Kenya) were quickly thrown out of the window by Claremont, who did age her at 24(and an American birth/father) fairly early on.
    But even in Len Wein's issue Charles says she's not a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Havok being about 22 in his first appearance and Scott being several years older than him even then really has to swept under the carpet if they are all still under 30. Iceman was still a sophomore in college in Uncanny 145(vs. Doom and Arcade arc), and he wasn't old enough to drink in the Classic X-Men backup story to Giant Size #1, which would make him what, under 19 then? Even though he was explicitly 16 in X-Men #1 1963. It's a mess really.
    Those would be retcons then as al I reported was how things originally were. What you say makes more sense as time flowed faster in the O5 days but they since slowed it down to give the characters more longevity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    But reading Len work and comparing everything that has happened with Storm and how her story plays out, she literally in that issue was Apocalypse, Namor,Selen ,HigheEvolutionary ..ect a Goddess.
    The line where he state her eyes older than time always haunts me. And as a narrator he calls her a goddess all the way through, but has the foolish mortal mistake her for just a Mutant.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-10-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

That's because this is you.

shitstarter.jpg

I dont think his fans can either

It's like my comic book history on Thor is a lie. LOL
    I never was really impressed by thor. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    That's because this is you.

shitstarter.jpg
    Y'Know......i'm not even mad at that.

Thank You. I'll take that Title. And Where it with PRIDE.

ANYWAY, I think we've talked enough about this.

What's NEXT? Any Storm NEWS???? Hey Kyss where's Storm Solo?....I'm waiting.

we probably wont getting any news on her solo until around the time her giant size book drops or shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    Charles says that, but was it true? Can you be a mutant and also a goddess? The narration boxes call her goddess. Notice earlier Len says her eyes are 'older than time'. I've been searching, and I still can't find it, but I am certain there is an interview with either Len or Dave that says they wanted her to be an ancient, but eternally youthful, goddess from Kenya. Chris came in later and made her an American born, Cairo-orphaned street-thief-turned rain 'goddess', but that wasn't their original idea(after combining Black Cat/Quetzal/Trio and Typhoon/Tempest(which was Roy Thomas, Wolverine's creator's, idea)).

3982149129_c5dacd279e_o.jpg

This is the closest I can find, but I am certain there is more somewhere out there. In the old school Exiles run, they sort of reference this by bringing in a teenager goddess Storm at one point.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!