Page 146 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont think his fans can either

I never was really impressed by thor. lol
    Although Hemsworth is rather impressive

BANNED

we probably wont getting any news on her solo until around the time her giant size book drops or shortly thereafter.
    When Does GS: Storm come out???

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Yes, I can agree to that. But, i'm looking for more. I'll be keeping an eye on him.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Charles says that, but was it true? Can you be a mutant and also a goddess? The narration boxes call her goddess. Notice earlier Len says her eyes are 'older than time'. I've been searching, and I still can't find it, but I am certain there is an interview with either Len or Dave that says they wanted her to be an ancient, but eternally youthful, goddess from Kenya. Chris came in later and made her an American born, Cairo-orphaned street-thief-turned rain 'goddess', but that wasn't their original idea(after combining Black Cat/Quetzal/Trio and Typhoon/Tempest(which was Roy Thomas, Wolverine's creator's, idea)).

Attachment 94289

This is the closest I can find, but I am certain there is more somewhere out there. In the old school Exiles run, they sort of reference this by bringing in a teenager goddess Storm at one point.
    Two things stand out to me here. Where does that "portal" go or come from. And ton the lion head or long haired cat that is on the top center of the portal frame.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Two things stand out to me here. Where does that "portal" go or come from. And ton the lion head or long haired cat that is on the top center of the portal frame.
    I still love this teleport feat!

I would love to see a 12 issue series that delves into Ororo's time as a goddess and her mother's people. It could be split between flashback to her youth and a modern story with her grandmother and/or Ashake/Ayesha. So many questions, after all these years, almost no answers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    he is very impressive indeed lol!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I would love to see a 12 issue series that delves into Ororo's time as a goddess and her mother's people. It could be split between flashback to her youth and a modern story with her grandmother and/or Ashake/Ayesha. So many questions, after all these years, almost no answers.
    Are you sure that's Teleportation???

It looks like Lighting flaring when she landed.

I never thought of it as teleporting but looking at it now it seems like it most definitely is. In the first picture there is something behind it like a podium and then in the next panel we see the winds and then she is just standing there. Funnily those portals look pretty similar to the ones in Coates BP run.

I so agree with you on Storm. Given how much history she has and how much story there is untold it's amazing to me a character that has been around so long and is so profound we honestly know next to nothing in full detail of Storm's time before the X-men just cliff notes. Like what did she do all day as a goddess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When Does GS: Storm come out???

Yes, I can agree to that. But, i'm looking for more. I'll be keeping an eye on him.
    it comes out in june.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Charles says that, but was it true? Can you be a mutant and also a goddess? The narration boxes call her goddess. Notice earlier Len says her eyes are 'older than time'. I've been searching, and I still can't find it, but I am certain there is an interview with either Len or Dave that says they wanted her to be an ancient, but eternally youthful, goddess from Kenya. Chris came in later and made her an American born, Cairo-orphaned street-thief-turned rain 'goddess', but that wasn't their original idea(after combining Black Cat/Quetzal/Trio and Typhoon/Tempest(which was Roy Thomas, Wolverine's creator's, idea)).

Attachment 94289

This is the closest I can find, but I am certain there is more somewhere out there. In the old school Exiles run, they sort of reference this by bringing in a teenager goddess Storm at one point.
    I wish I could remember where I saw that article too. Where they spoke about Storm being as old as Humanity. Which I guess Claremont moved that story over to Selene.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Attachment 94289

It's saying that because she hasn't been introduced fully yet, it is basing the narration bubbles on what she believes. And it's not that a mutant can't be a goddess per se, but that he clearly says she is not one, and that she is living in her own personal fantasy by deluding herself into thinking she is (so, the narration is essentially either Storm trying to convince herself that she's a goddess, or rumours/talk of the locals):

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    It's saying that because she hasn't been introduced fully yet, it is basing the narration bubbles on what she believes. And it's not that a mutant can't be a goddess per se, but that he clearly says she is not one, and that she is living in her own personal fantasy by deluding herself into thinking she is (so, the narration is essentially either Storm trying to convince herself that she's a goddess, or rumours/talk of the locals):
    Yet at this point in time, whether she had a detectable x-gene or not Xavier had no scientific or genetic evidence to disprove that Storm was a goddess only that in fact she was a mutant but not only a mutant. Also if the narration is that of Storm on what Storm believe it would have been more consistent with the page you posted instead it reinforces that the narration is that of the omnicient narrator who knows where charles and banshee are, what the africans want, how storm appeared, and what colossus was doing in Russia.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Are you sure that's Teleportation???

It looks like Lighting flaring when she landed.
    this is what I thought. I'm not sure this should be categorized as teleporting.

It's ambiguous, and up to interpretation. We have seen Ororo lightning ride/teleport a couple times over the years, so I'm gonna go with that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's ambiguous, and up to interpretation. We have seen Ororo lightning ride/teleport a couple times over the years, so I'm gonna go with that.
    outside of that instance when have we seen her teleport under her own power? I give you ride lightning as I can two other instances where this potentially happened.

BANNED

Yes, you are right about that. I just think this scan in particular is really hard to tell if she teleported or not. True this is Ambiguous and left to anyone’s interpretation(considering when she arrived at Dooms Castle out of nowhere via Lightning) this could be and couldn’t.

I think for me imo probably not because she could have just arrived there hence the wind blowing first signifying her arrival and then she just walks up. Lol IDK this is a hard one.

this is what I thought. I'm not sure this should be categorized as teleporting.
    I mean if she did teleport not sure how that scan explains it lol But I think a better example would be her showing up at Dooms castle.

Now THAT can be argued she ported via Lightning.