Page 148 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    So, funny enough, in X-men Monday’s AIPT interview, JDW let slip that the pages in the upcoming Giant Size tribute book directly correlate to the artists AS LISTED in the solicitation. Giving the example of Ross being first listed in those names, so he will be drawing page 1 and so on with the others. He mentioned there were two names that happen to be switched due to a publishing error but the rest go in order as printed. So technically by counting the pages to Storm’s intro and other key Ororo moments from GSX#1, we can figure out who the artists will be for those parts! Perfectly aligns with Bartel’s position in the solicitation line up and the preview we saw from her that looks like the page before she charges up Polaris to shoot Krakoa into space. Just a helpful hint for anyone curious about who will be drawings Ororo’s parts.

Now I’m a bit behind now so forgive me but my two cents on Thor vs Storm in weather manipulation are as follows. Storm is an omega level weather manipulator. That means no one and no thing on earth can match her weather MANIPULATING abilities. Thor, in my opinion, does not threaten Ororo in this category because he MANIFESTS weather (via magic) as opposed to MANIPULATING it via elemental control/power. So essentially I see all of his feats as workings of unnatural weather manifestations. Not “real” weather, manipulated by the forces of nature but “magic” lightning, “magic” cyclones, “magic” rain, etc. etc. So as far as governing the natural elements that dictate the forces of nature and weather go? Ororo is the best there is as far as we know. Thor is a glorified muscle magician.

Lastly, I was thinking about this lately after it’s beautiful rendition in the GS:JG+EF issue but how do we not have a backstory for Ororo’s diadem yet? To me, it’s her Kryptonian “S”, her Bat Signal, her one-starred America shield and her spider logo. It’s the most emblematic symbol of her character, iconic and unique in its design and use. When one sees that symbol, one can’t think of anything but Ororo, the Goddess. So how come we don’t have any info on it really? Where did it come from? Who gave it to her? How cool would it be to have a “hidden” story of how Ororo came upon her most iconic “crown”, and to me the symbol of her divinity/regal nature. It was boggling my mind the other day that something so prevalent and uniquely tied to her has never been explored in depth before! I would love for it to be a diadem received from her maternal grandmother or tribe that has been passed on to gifted wind-riders or witches the light her bloodline. Perhaps Ashake crafted it and there is a magical component to it, destined to crown the head of her future, great and legendary granddaughter? Just thought it’d be a cool story to go into after all these years. Maybe even with Ororo traveling through time and tracing its origins herself while simultaneously exploring her ancestral heritage. Unlocking parts of her story piece by piece as she gets closer to meeting Ashake herself, who could help explain Ororo’s divinity to her, where it stems from (some feat or premonition by/from Ashake that caused her and her bloodline to be blessed by Oshtur), and help Ororo come to terms with her past, present, and future? What would you guys think of a story like that?
    I loved the end of your post.
    It is very true I always myself, saw her Tiarra as "Her" sigil or symbol.
    Though Coates Did explore her "Godhood" in a way. I just wonder how much of that translates into her culture or ties in with the WindRider legend or the former WindRider. Which why I was to see more exploration. Is Ororo like the Avatar just reincarnated. Is she the One True Morty.
    I know her Ruby opal is part of the Madipoor set but what if on its own it was special unique in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Though Coates Did explore her "Godhood" in a way. I just wonder how much of that translates into her culture or ties in with the WindRider legend or the former WindRider. Which why I was to see more exploration. Is Ororo like the Avatar just reincarnated. Is she the One True Morty.
    I know her Ruby opal is part of the Madipoor set but what if on its own it was special unique in some way.
    Very true! He called her Godhood her “birthright” and her “ancestral gift of Godhead”. I just wanna explore the origin of that birthright and where that gift came from and why. This could be an easy three in one whammy of a story, having Ororo flesh out her ancestral lineage, her Godhead, and also weaving some context about magic and how previous priestesses/sorceresses/wind-riders utilized it. Helping Ororo find her next step of accepting her divinity by learning its roots in her family tree and embracing her birthright while exploring her past, present, and future role in the MU. Such a great and missed opportunity to me. Coates or somebody worth their weight needs to hop on that story asap, idk what Marvel is waiting on!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    So, funny enough, in X-men Monday’s AIPT interview, JDW let slip that the pages in the upcoming Giant Size tribute book directly correlate to the artists AS LISTED in the solicitation. Giving the example of Ross being first listed in those names, so he will be drawing page 1 and so on with the others. He mentioned there were two names that happen to be switched due to a publishing error but the rest go in order as printed. So technically by counting the pages to Storm’s intro and other key Ororo moments from GSX#1, we can figure out who the artists will be for those parts! Perfectly aligns with Bartel’s position in the solicitation line up and the preview we saw from her that looks like the page before she charges up Polaris to shoot Krakoa into space. Just a helpful hint for anyone curious about who will be drawings Ororo’s parts.

Now I’m a bit behind now so forgive me but my two cents on Thor vs Storm in weather manipulation are as follows. Storm is an omega level weather manipulator. That means no one and no thing on earth can match her weather MANIPULATING abilities. Thor, in my opinion, does not threaten Ororo in this category because he MANIFESTS weather (via magic) as opposed to MANIPULATING it via elemental control/power. So essentially I see all of his feats as workings of unnatural weather manifestations. Not “real” weather, manipulated by the forces of nature but “magic” lightning, “magic” cyclones, “magic” rain, etc. etc. So as far as governing the natural elements that dictate the forces of nature and weather go? Ororo is the best there is as far as we know. Thor is a glorified muscle magician.

Lastly, I was thinking about this lately after it’s beautiful rendition in the GS:JG+EF issue but how do we not have a backstory for Ororo’s diadem yet? To me, it’s her Kryptonian “S”, her Bat Signal, her one-starred America shield and her spider logo. It’s the most emblematic symbol of her character, iconic and unique in its design and use. When one sees that symbol, one can’t think of anything but Ororo, the Goddess. So how come we don’t have any info on it really? Where did it come from? Who gave it to her? How cool would it be to have a “hidden” story of how Ororo came upon her most iconic “crown”, and to me the symbol of her divinity/regal nature. It was boggling my mind the other day that something so prevalent and uniquely tied to her has never been explored in depth before! I would love for it to be a diadem received from her maternal grandmother or tribe that has been passed on to gifted wind-riders or witches the light her bloodline. Perhaps Ashake crafted it and there is a magical component to it, destined to crown the head of her future, great and legendary granddaughter? Just thought it’d be a cool story to go into after all these years. Maybe even with Ororo traveling through time and tracing its origins herself while simultaneously exploring her ancestral heritage. Unlocking parts of her story piece by piece as she gets closer to meeting Ashake herself, who could help explain Ororo’s divinity to her, where it stems from (some feat or premonition by/from Ashake that caused her and her bloodline to be blessed by Oshtur), and help Ororo come to terms with her past, present, and future? What would you guys think of a story like that?
    I love all of this. the last part is very interesting and it could be something that could be explored in a solo. all of what you said would align perfectly to the reveal that her ancestors extend back to the dawn of humanity. I'm totally here for all of what you described!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    I just think that making her a goddess ruins the aspect of self-guilt, especially considering she's black. In real-life there do exist people that are subject to constant racism and they can't just escape it, to the point that they may try to tell themselves they aren't black (there are extreme cases of those who do). Just hand-waving Storm off as a goddess nullifies that sense of self-hatred as she is literally above humanity.
    What self guilt?
    Ororo never really had any guilt and self hatred as it relates to her powers. The only time I've seen her with any sort of real and possibly deserved self recrimination was how she'd ignored the Morlocks after assuming leadership and blamed herself for their demise.
    But as it applies to her "Blackness" and race...nope, never happened.

This. Is. Not. Real. Life.
    Fiction does not equate RL.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I truly believe if Coates does finally write her solo some of these questions will be answered:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What self guilt?
    Ororo never really had any guilt and self hatred as it relates to her powers. The only time I've seen her with any sort of real and possibly deserved self recrimination was how she'd ignored the Morlocks after assuming leadership and blamed herself for their demise.
    But as it applies to her "Blackness" and race...nope, never happened.

This. Is. Not. Real. Life.
    Fiction does not equate RL.
    She obviously had self guilt, why else would she deny that she's a mutant? Instead she deludes herself with grandeur, believing she is a deity rather than a mortal. And um yeah, fiction does equate real life. It's literally impossible not to. We live in society and are effected by it, subconscious or not. What's even more is that despite Storm herself being African, those who created her aren't. She is more a reflection of American views/attitudes during the 1970s than she is for Kenya. I don't understand how someone could argue that with mutants and X-Men of all characters.

She obviously had self guilt, why else would she deny that she's a mutant? Instead she deludes herself with grandeur, believing she is a deity rather than a mortal. And um yeah, fiction does equate real life. It's literally impossible not to. We live in society and are effected by it, subconscious or not. What's even more is that despite Storm herself being African, those who created her aren't. She is more a reflection of American views/attitudes during the 1970s than she is for Kenya. I don't understand how someone could argue that with mutants and X-Men of all characters.
    self-hate would be her denying something that is her blood right:

the latter scan was written by an african american writer so whatever such attitudes these writers had of her then doesnt necessarily impact the attitudes of the writers in the same way who write her now.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2020 at 03:38 PM.

I just think that making her a goddess ruins the aspect of self-guilt, especially considering she's black. In real-life there do exist people that are subject to constant racism and they can't just escape it, to the point that they may try to tell themselves they aren't black (there are extreme cases of those who do). Just hand-waving Storm off as a goddess nullifies that sense of self-hatred as she is literally above humanity.
    In what universe should Ororo harbor self-guilt or self-hatred? They made Oya for that mess.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In what universe should Ororo harbor self-guilt or self-hatred? They made Oya for that mess.
    oooh excellent point. I forgot about her.

You are absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

But you keep doing you.

Peace and Blessings.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-11-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Are any of y'all gonna watch The New Mutants movie this year?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I am! I can't wait!!!!!

nope it's a big pass for me. cant deal with the further white washing of black characters but let us know how you like if u see it

wait what black characters did they whitewash lol

wait what black characters did they whitewash lol
    sunspot and ms Reyes. lol