Page 15 of 613 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I absolutely loved Shuri's solo. Nothing groundbreaking, but it offered up a ton of answers that were raised in Coates' Black Panther. I won't lie, I honestly missed this the first few times that I read it. I like the idea of her stepping into a power that's all hers. The big reveal I'm waiting on is for her to introduce herself as Hadari Yao.
    That's a good question would you all be in favor of Ororo leaving behind the title of Storm for Hadari Yao?

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought she meant she was a literal goddess here but we see later on she only goes goddess mode accidentally in issue 8 (I believe) of shuri.

She did mean it literally. Now that I've read Shuri #9, I don't know if I would say that Storm has a god mode, per se. What seemed to have happened is that the fungus in the mine tapped into her godhood and wrenched control from her--meaning she was using her god powers but without her normal tempered control. Shuri had warned her that people go insane when in contact with the fungus. She gave Ororo a pill to counterattack the effect but it took longer to kick in because she's a mutant.

God 1.jpg

God 2.jpg

God 3.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-07-2020 at 04:40 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's a good question would you all be in favor of Ororo leaving behind the title of Storm for Hadari Yao?
    walk away from the biggest development this character has had since Claremont wrote her??

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm is marketable. Hadari Yao is not.

BANNED

Never. “Storm” is one of the best, most iconic codenames in comics. It immediately tells you something about her abilities and sets a tone of mystery and danger. I like Hadari Yao as one of her titles, but she’ll always be Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Never. “Storm” is one of the best, most iconic codenames in comics. It immediately tells you something about her abilities and sets a tone of mystery and danger. I like Hadari Yao as one of her titles, but she’ll always be Storm.
    Agree 100% with this.

omg I read your message completely wrong lol. no she should keep her moniker storm. hadari yao is just one of the many names that capture the uniqueness of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    She did mean it literally. Now that I've read Shuri #9, I don't know if I would say that Storm has a god mode, per se. What seemed to have happened is that the fungus in the mine tapped into her godhood and wrenched control from her--meaning she was using her god powers but without her normal tempered control. Shuri had warned her that people go insane when in contact with the fungus. She gave Ororo a pill to counterattack the effect but it took longer to kick in because she's a mutant.

God 1.jpg

God 2.jpg

God 3.jpg
    so you are saying that in this instance the fungus was in control of her mind? it seemed as if her godhead was a completely different personality. I see what you're saying but it still doesnt all quite make sense to me. unless you are suggesting she was "drunk" or "under the influence" making her completely unaware?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg I read your message completely wrong lol. no she should keep her moniker storm. hadari yao is just one of the many names that capture the uniqueness of her character.

so you are saying that in this instance the fungus was in control of her mind? it seemed as if her godhead was a completely different personality. I see what you're saying but it still doesnt all quite make sense to me. unless you are suggesting she was "drunk" or "under the influence" making her completely unaware?
    Honestly, I can't say for certain. In an earlier issue, in the other scan I posted when she said she was a goddess, she was in complete control. In these scans, with the fungus, she isn't. We don't know exactly what Shuri meant when she said people went insane when exposed to the fungus. I think this is what it meant for Storm to be affected by the fungus. It drew out her godhead but not in a way that was sane, so it appears as if she has a second personality when, in reality, it's her acting in a way she wouldn't normally when she is in control of her mind and powers.

I don't like the title. It's a corruption of an Arabic word Hadhari, meaning "submission, surrender, obedience, acknowledgement, approval, and the acceptance of Allah." combined with the proper noun referring to the Bantu people and language of the east African Lake Nyasa, which in their own language means "treeless hill". Neither seem old enough to be 'Wakandan', it doesn't sound good in the ear, or feel good on the tongue, and Coates hasn't really even delved into what 'being a goddess' actually means in terms of power, or in terms of relating to other 'gods', or how Ororo really even feels about it all.

Ororo has always been a goddess, since day one with Cockrum and Wein. She'll always be my goddess. But I won't call her that.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-08-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will never call her that.
    My abject disregard of anything and everything written by Coates won't allow me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Storm is one of those rare instances where her codename accurately describes her abilities so .. hell naw
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Honestly, I can't say for certain. In an earlier issue, in the other scan I posted when she said she was a goddess, she was in complete control. In these scans, with the fungus, she isn't. We don't know exactly what Shuri meant when she said people went insane when exposed to the fungus. I think this is what it meant for Storm to be affected by the fungus. It drew out her godhead but not in a way that was sane, so it appears as if she has a second personality when, in reality, it's her acting in a way she wouldn't normally when she is in control of her mind and powers.
    gotcha and your point makes sense. I'm ready to get more definitive explanation as to what her divine pperrs afford her.

Hell no!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Hell no!!!
    this made me scream lololol

do you guys agree? personally I didnt fancy the punk look:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-superhero...stume-changes/

The X-Men have greatly expanded the Marvel universe, adding hundreds of loveable heroes and intimidating villains. Storm is one of the best heroes on the team, often taking a leading role and mentoring younger mutants along the way. Her classic white hair and flowing cape have been apart of her character.

In the 1980s, Storm took a dramatic change in style. Dressing in a lot more leather and sporting a stylish white mohawk, Storm took on a punk rock look that ultimately was much more hilarious than originally intended. Even though the new design didn't look terrible, it just was not the right fit for the character and was a funny dramatic change to one of the most popular mutants.