Page 150 of 613 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 9190
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Honestly, that feat can be considered Omega OR Goddess.

Whichever you decide to choose you wouldn't be wrong. What Storm did in BP is really up to your interpretation of the feat. It can be Goddess because of the grass growing. It can be Omega being the fact she's in space and her powers do change in space.

Either or you wouldn't be wrong.
    tbh i believe it is omega because making plants grow or manipulate them must be part of the immense powerset that Storm has.
    I would expect something much more destructive if were Hadari Yao Storm in that situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    tbh i believe it is omega because making plants grow or manipulate them must be part of the immense powerset that Storm has.
    I would expect something much more destructive if were Hadari Yao Storm in that situation.
    That's completely fine, if you believe it's an Omega Feat. But if someone else believes it's a Goddess Feat they are not wrong either.

That's why i'm saying an argument really can be made for Both Categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Nope. And I love their choice for Magik. But I won’t see anything X-related produced by Fox. Guaranteed disappointment.
    Damn I didn't even realize it's from Fox again. No wonder they had to do reshoots 3 times lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Omega thing has the biggest focus on the X-Office but I think that doesn’t stop other writers from using Storm’s omegas powers just as other writers have mentioned Storm’s divinity in other books like Fearless & Uncanny X-Men .
    and I don't think she was using her divine powers at this moment (I would be disappointed), and she is often called the Goddess or Hadari Yao even when she is not using those powers
    the thing is though storm as a goddess was first revealed in BP back in 2017 and has been a continued theme when she been in the BP story. coates in the BP books has not once made mention of her being an omega mutant and even said her gift of godhead goes deeper than her mutation. moreover the omega reveal didnt occur until 2019. it wouldn't make sense that coates would suddenly shift what he was writing in regards to her power simply because of Hickman. in fact the only thing he has referenced was krakoa. you will not find one instance of any mention of her being an omega level mutant. the term "goddess" is used multiple times in relation to her .

also when does plant growth fall under weather manipulation? the article says this is due to proper sun/rain ratio but in that space she is in neither of those things are present.
    when does her weather control allow her to levitate without the use of wind? the article makes the point of a column of air being used but what isnt that shown artistically?. the article even incorrectly makes the point that she cant use her powers in space but she done that on multiple occassions. lastly they claims Storm has telekinetic abilities (which I love storm but she isnt Jean grey or Betsy). none of that stuff they try to categorize as omega would fall under her normal weather manipulation abilities. that is why the only conclusion that can be made is that she is doing this in her goddess mode.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-12-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the thing is though storm as a goddess was first revealed in BP back in 2017 and has been a continued theme when she been in the BP story. coates in the BP books has not once made mention of her being an omega mutant and even said her gift of godhead goes deeper than her mutation. moreover the omega reveal didnt occur until 2019. it wouldn't make sense that coates would suddenly shift what he was writing in regards to her power simply because of Hickman. in fact the only thing he has referenced was krakoa. you will not find one instance of any mention of her being an omega level mutant. the term "goddess" is used multiple times in relation to her .

also when does plant growth fall under weather manipulation? the article says this is due to proper sun/rain ratio but in that space she is in neither of those things are present.
    when does her weather control allow her to levitate without the use of wind? the article makes the point of a column of air being used but what isnt that shown artistically?. the article even incorrectly makes the point that she cant use her powers in space but she done that on multiple occassions. lastly they claims Storm has telekinetic abilities (which I love storm but she isnt Jean grey or Betsy). none of that stuff they try to categorize as omega would fall under her normal weather manipulation abilities. that is why the only conclusion that can be made is that she is doing this in her goddess mode.
    While I appreciate the spotlight article I felt like this was someone who only read that one issue of Black Panther
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Damn I didn't even realize it's from Fox again. No wonder they had to do reshoots 3 times lol
    Lol yep! It has me torn because I love the NM team (always looked at Dani as a Storm protégé). With Fox being under Disney we could get pleasantly surprised, but I won’t even bother. However, if y’all brave it and tell me its worth seeing I’ll suck it up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I appreciate the spotlight article I felt like this was someone who only read that one issue of Black Panther
    Lol agreed. Its clear Ani doesn’t know the Storm. None of what she demonstrated was A new power, let alone the fact that she can control the cosmic medium. I liked where they tried to go with it and the explanation of the potential devastating applications of her powers, but yeah...they need to do their homework a little more.

lolol seriously. none of what I read made any sense. just a few things I observed:

1. she used sun/rain ratio to cause the plants to grow. neither of that was present when the plants grew.
    2. she used columm of air to levitate when the image wasn't drawn as such.
    3. she used telekinesis to tamper with the life support systems on the ship
    4. all of what she did was omega mutant abilities even though coates has not used that term one time to describe her abilities.

but yes I would agree it seems this was the first time they wrote the issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

On a side note. If Marvel wants to give Storm godhood/magic-based telekinesis...I would be down for that. Strictly from a defensive point of view.

She doesnt need TK. She already has control over the winds which stimulates a similar effect

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesnt need TK. She already has control over the winds which stimulates a similar effect
    True but I wouldn't be mad if she gained telekinesis when she goes into goddess mode.

On a side note. If Marvel wants to give Storm godhood/magic-based telekinesis...I would be down for that. Strictly from a defensive point of view.
    I wouldnt mind this either. When in goddess mode I wouldn't mind for her to have these abilities:

1. enhanced durability
    2. ability to control minds or peoples will
    3. teleportation
    4. enhanced stamina
    5. telepathy
    6. tk.
    7. invulnerability
    8. immunity to reality warping/telepathy

her power could only be affected/combated by other gods or high level cosmic beings

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would agree an a macroscale they are similar but not when you look at things on a molecular level.

BANNED

TBH. If I saw Goddess Storm use TK I would probably start laughing. It's so random.

TBH. If I saw Goddess Storm use TK I would probably start laughing. It's so random.
    why would it be random?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would it be random?
    Because it's a random power for her to have as a God. Gods have MANY powers and the ONLY 1 comes to mind is Telekinesis? That's random.

Because it's a random power for her to have as a God. Gods have MANY powers and the ONLY 1 comes to mind is Telekinesis? That's random.
    it's not anymore random for her to be causing plants to grow at an accelerated rate?

also I think almighty was saying that should be one of her powers not the only one .