Page 151 of 613 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's not anymore random for her to be causing plants to grow at an accelerated rate?

also I think almighty was saying that should be one of her powers not the only one .
    That's not a power that's A by product of what she was actually doing.

I know what he was saying. It still pretty random for her to have TK. Also, User Havok83 makes a great point. TK isn't really need to a Goddess of the Weather who can make Air pressure barriers to protect her etc etc.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-13-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I know what he was saying. It still pretty random for her to have TK. Also, User Havok83 makes a great point. TK isn't really need to a Goddess of the Weather who can make Air pressure barriers to protect her etc etc.
    Yeah she can hold things in place with her winds. She can pick things up and bring them to her, with her winds. She can fly and levitate others, with her winds. She can deflect things hurled at her with her winds. Her control over the winds stimulate many things that TK can and I think its overkill for her to need TK on a molecular level. Its unnecessary and not directly related to her powers
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-13-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

what was she specifically doing that caused the plants to grow? she said she was attempting to commune with the energies that were in space. how does that cause plants to grow?

telekinesis is not only used in defensive matters. the user is exerting their mind over materials to move them. wind control and telekinesis though similar ARE NOT the same. she wouldnt be able to use wind control to move atoms on a molecular level, for example.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what was she specifically doing that caused the plants to grow? she said she was attempting to commune with the energies that were in space. how does that cause plants to grow?

telekinesis is not only used in defensive matters. the user is exerting their mind over materials to move them. wind control and telekinesis though similar ARE NOT the same. she wouldnt be able to use wind control to move atoms on a molecular level, for example.
    Why does she need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does she need to?
    she actually doesnt need to as her current powerset allows her to do it (changing clothes via manipulation if unstable atoms, hydrogen atoms manipulation, electrons manipulation l, etc.) however, I'm drawing a distinction between wind control and tk. they arent the same but if being a goddess added that ability it would operate as a new ability.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's a by product of what she was doing LOL I just told you that.

I know what Telekinesis is and what it does. I don't need a Lesson in it. Goddess Storm doesn't need TK she has Winds to do it. Furthermore, Goddess Mode is already OP as it is molecular level control is not really needed.

Yeah she can hold things in place with her wings. She can pick things up and bring them to her, with her winds. She can fly and levitate others, with her winds. She can deflect things hurled at her with her winds. Her control over the winds stimulate many things that TK can and I think its overkill for her to need TK on a molecular level. Its unnecessary and not directly related to her powers
    Exactly.
    Which is why I say it would be so random if that's something Goddess Storm did. When she has Winds.

BANNED

Why does she need to?
    She doesn't. It just sounds like an excuse to trying to make her more OP than she already is.

See i thought Storm was using each plant to connect to the eco system of the ships , the plants grew as a means of showing when she had formed a strong enough connection with each micro system to control it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See i thought Storm was using each plant to connect to the eco system of the ships , the plants grew as a means of showing when she had formed a strong enough connection with each micro system to control it.
    That actually makes more sense. And aligns to what I was saying that it was a By product of what she was really doing as you just explained.

It's a by product of what she was doing LOL I just told you that.

I know what Telekinesis is and what it does. I don't need a Lesson in it. Goddess Storm doesn't need TK she has Winds to do it. Furthermore, Goddess Mode is already OP as it is molecular level control is not really needed.

Exactly.
    Which is why I say it would be so random if that's something Goddess Storm did. When she has Winds.
    then what you are saying is random. that is my point. how does perceiving energy and subsequently manipulating it in space result in plants growing rapidly

you reduced tk to only defensive means. stopping people from moving such as how bast did the wakandans with her powers is not how ororo uses her wind powers. so if having TK is something typical of wakandan gods I dont see almighty's statement of ororo having it being random.

and how is she overpowered? didnt you say we dont even know all of what she can do lolol

BANNED

then what you are saying is random. that is my point. how does perceiving energy and subsequently manipulating it in space result in plants growing rapidly

you reduced tk to only defensive means. stopping people from moving such as how bast did the wakandans with her powers is not how ororo uses her wind powers. so if having TK is something typical of wakandan gods I dont see almighty's statement of ororo having it being random.

and how is she overpowered? didnt you say we dont even know all of what she can do lolol
    Read what Jwatson said. He just proved my point.

TK is power that Storm has never demonstrated nor ever experience using. For her to have it in God Form is RANDOM..not sure how else to explain this.

What feats she has now she's well on her way to being OP. Weren't you also the one saying that she was OP way before me lolol

Im not a fan of Storm as a god but if she has to be, then she is a god of weather. Any enhancements she gets should be related to the progression and control of that, not unrelated stuff

I wouldnt mind this either. When in goddess mode I wouldn't mind for her to have these abilities:

1. enhanced durability
    2. ability to control minds or peoples will
    3. teleportation
    4. enhanced stamina
    5. telepathy
    6. tk.
    7. invulnerability
    8. immunity to reality warping/telepathy

her power could only be affected/combated by other gods or high level cosmic beings

I would agree an a macroscale they are similar but not when you look at things on a molecular level.
    I agree with everything here.

TBH. If I saw Goddess Storm use TK I would probably start laughing. It's so random.
    I was more as a TK shield. Personally, goving her a solid defense would greatly increase my Vs. Debates...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'd rather have Goddess Storm immune to TP and TK as a defense than to have her be able to use it

That actually makes more sense. And aligns to what I was saying that it was a By product of what she was really doing as you just explained.
    this doesnt align to what you said. jwatson description still reflects Ororo having a direct connection to the plants. what you described earlier, a byproduct, is an indirect one.