Page 153 of 613 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you
    Hickmans classification for Omega is that nobody can outclass the mutant in their particular area of control. If Crystal is as good at weather manipulation at Storm, than she can't be considered Omega. But I don't know how long ago that scan was or what book it was in.

Storm is in her early costume so that fight happened near the beginning of her superhero career. It's probably safe to say that she has just gotten stronger than Crystal over time, if she was ever even weaker or equal to her to begin with. Besides, this still seems like flimsy evidence. She flat out says she can barely concentrate due to the attack by Pietro, so she clearly isn't even at her 100% best in this showing. You can go even further and say that Crystal isn't exactly a weather manipulator to begin with. She is an elemental manipulator, so there are subtle differences in the mechanics of how each achieve the same effects.

And even so, why does it matter? Retcons happen all the time. She's better now according to Hickman. If other fans are salty, maybe they can just wait till he is gone and someone else retcons it if they care so much. Although I still don't know why omega classification elicits such strong reactions/emotions in people. Besides Franklin, Hickman hasn't even made omega classification a plot point in any story and doesn't appear to be making it a significant priority any time soon either. Honestly, I'm not sure why he even bothered to pare the list down. Don't think it matters how many omegas were running around. It got silly but was easily ignorable for me.
    Last edited by Saturius; 03-14-2020 at 03:06 PM.

That Storm/Crystal page is from Uncanny X-Men:First Class or whatever, and is not even proper canon. About half of those images come from alternate universes/What Ifs/etc(non 616 canon). And they are all of her lowest showings. Omega is based on the high end stuff, which for Storm, clearly puts her above the competition.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think the best case the poster made for not being Omega was the scan of her interaction with Crystal. Since Hickmans' definition is Storm is only an Omega for weather manipulation.
    to be fair storm was punched by quicksilver right before the scan that Instagram user posted. she was still dazed when crystal attacked.

also recall ivx. crystal and iso couldnt move the terrigen mist cloud on their own and needed ororos help to do it.

ororo alternatively on her own was able to do so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-14-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm is in her early costume so that fight happened near the beginning of her superhero career. It's probably safe to say that she has just gotten stronger than Crystal over time, if she was ever even weaker or equal to her to begin with. Besides, this still seems like flimsy evidence. She flat out says she can barely concentrate due to the attack by Pietro, so she clearly isn't even at her 100% best in this showing. You can go even further and say that Crystal isn't exactly a weather manipulator to begin with. She is an elemental manipulator, so there are subtle differences in the mechanics of how each achieve the same effects.

And even so, why does it matter? Retcons happen all the time. She's better now according to Hickman. If other fans are salty, maybe they can just wait till he is gone and someone else retcons it if they care so much. Although I still don't know why omega classification elicits such strong reactions/emotions in people. Besides Franklin, Hickman hasn't even made omega classification a plot point in any story and doesn't appear to be making it a significant priority any time soon either. Honestly, I'm not sure why he even bothered to pare the list down. Don't think it matters how many omegas were running around. It got silly but was easily ignorable for me.
    Yeah, I Agree.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-14-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    to be fair storm was punched by quicksilver right before the scan that Instagram user posted. she was still dazed when crystal attacked.

also recall ivx. crystal and iso couldnt move the terrigen mist cloud on their own and needed ororos help to do it.

ororo alternatively on her own was able to do so.
    True, Storm casually moved the T-cloud while talking to the other X-men. Crystal at best is city level manipulation, while Storm has global level manipulation.

Not trying to start a conversation. Just telling the truth.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    True, Storm casually moved the T-cloud while talking to the other X-men. Crystal at best is city level manipulation, while Storm has global level manipulation.

Not trying to start a conversation. Just telling the truth.
    you're speaking nothing but facts. people tend to like to post scans while not offering full context.

and our gurl has healed entire dimensions before. I would say her power extends far beyond just the global aspects but I agree with u in the comparison. crystal is simply outclassed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-14-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Y'all know we're not supposed to talk about her powers in here since its all we talk about XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Y'all know we're not supposed to talk about her powers in here since its all we talk about XD
    oooopppp....

how about we talk about what her favorite restaurant, book or tv show is instead?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oooopppp....

how about we talk about what her favorite restaurant, book or tv show is instead?
    Omg tea. I wonder if she's a vegan?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

crystal plays checkers, ororo plays a whole DnD campaign with original script+monsters+handmade dice that incorporates chess into the game

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    crystal plays checkers, ororo plays a whole DnD campaign with original script+monsters+handmade dice that incorporates chess into the game
    Not you spilling tea
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Lol that hate thread is truly pathetic. However I can't say I'm surprised. Storm invokes fear and brings out the weakness among the most frail.

The best is knowing that Storm's role among the X-verse is set to increase, so the Storm haters can STAY MAD!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Lol that hate thread is truly pathetic. However I can't say I'm surprised. Storm invokes fear and brings out the weakness among the most frail.

The best is knowing that Storm's role among the X-verse is set to increase, so the Storm haters can STAY MAD!
    Pryde of the X-men's Storm was the first time I saw a black superhero. Until then, I only knew about Spider-man and His Amazing Friends (Still love Firestar) and Super Friends. When I saw Storm as a X-man and her powers I instantly fell in love. Till this day i fondly remember watching that episode and wishing I could control the weather.

So "F" them. Long live Storm and her fans.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-15-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.