Page 16 of 613 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you guys agree? personally I didnt fancy the punk look:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-superhero...stume-changes/

The X-Men have greatly expanded the Marvel universe, adding hundreds of loveable heroes and intimidating villains. Storm is one of the best heroes on the team, often taking a leading role and mentoring younger mutants along the way. Her classic white hair and flowing cape have been apart of her character.

In the 1980s, Storm took a dramatic change in style. Dressing in a lot more leather and sporting a stylish white mohawk, Storm took on a punk rock look that ultimately was much more hilarious than originally intended. Even though the new design didn't look terrible, it just was not the right fit for the character and was a funny dramatic change to one of the most popular mutants.
    I enjoy the look. Its very sexy and edgy.
    She looks youthful and very much NewYorker.
    I always saw teen American Ro running around with the Hawk' and the crop top saying either I heart Brooklyn or I Heart Spider-Man. Or Even the Marvel emblem onit But Most likely XaiverSGY logo skate Bording. Through the streets (Shes still gotta catch the wind )

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's a good question would you all be in favor of Ororo leaving behind the title of Storm for Hadari Yao?
    Do you know how many times that name will be frakked up?

Ho Yodari.
    Hyo Dari.
    Hari Dyo.
    Hoa Diy.

No, let Storm be Storm.

The X-Men have greatly expanded the Marvel universe, adding hundreds of loveable heroes and intimidating villains. Storm is one of the best heroes on the team, often taking a leading role and mentoring younger mutants along the way. Her classic white hair and flowing cape have been apart of her character.

In the 1980s, Storm took a dramatic change in style. Dressing in a lot more leather and sporting a stylish white mohawk, Storm took on a punk rock look that ultimately was much more hilarious than originally intended. Even though the new design didn't look terrible, it just was not the right fit for the character and was a funny dramatic change to one of the most popular mutants.
    Well, the look was originally drawn as a joke and not intended to be taken seriously. There was a general sense of shock when editoral selected that as Storm's new look. Without the story that CC crafted to support it, the look would have been a complete joke. As it is, the look is iconic more than a joke, but more because of what it signified.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Definitely iconic...I absolute LOVED Punk Storm, my favourite iteration as written under Claremont and drawn by Smith, Romita Jr. Windsor-Smith and Silvestri.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. Definitely iconic...I absolute LOVED Punk Storm, my favourite iteration as written under Claremont and drawn by Smith, Romita Jr. Windsor-Smith and Silvestri.
    I completely agree!! This is the true Storm look in my opinion. It is iconic and looks wonderful. The goddess look gets boring for me. Bring on the Mohawk or braids or something with style!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do you know how many times that name will be frakked up?

Ho Yodari.
    Hyo Dari.
    Hari Dyo.
    Hoa Diy.

No, let Storm be Storm.
    LOL. So true. Ho Yo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I completely agree!! This is the true Storm look in my opinion. It is iconic and looks wonderful. The goddess look gets boring for me. Bring on the Mohawk or braids or something with style!
    I love it too, but I think a fusion of punk and goddess is ideal. Marvel StrikeForce does it pretty well.

2B264A18-21D4-4982-8307-B69E3A7BC8B5.jpg
    C4A9280C-9DBD-4A29-823C-59CECC0972A9.jpg
    E09E38FD-798D-4832-96B2-1A335F141D1A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I love it too, but I think a fusion of punk and goddess is ideal. Marvel StrikeForce does it pretty well.

2B264A18-21D4-4982-8307-B69E3A7BC8B5.jpg
    C4A9280C-9DBD-4A29-823C-59CECC0972A9.jpg
    E09E38FD-798D-4832-96B2-1A335F141D1A.jpg
    Ooo those look really nice! I could definitely be for something like that

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I enjoy the look. Its very sexy and edgy.
    She looks youthful and very much NewYorker.
    I always saw teen American Ro running around with the Hawk' and the crop top saying either I heart Brooklyn or I Heart Spider-Man. Or Even the Marvel emblem onit But Most likely XaiverSGY logo skate Bording. Through the streets (Shes still gotta catch the wind )
    I've been to New York many times and I dont recall anyone walking around looking like punk storm lolol.

I will give you it is very edgy though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

I liked the Punk look.

Heck I own the Punk Storm figure that came out recently.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I liked the Punk look.

Heck I own the Punk Storm figure that came out recently.
    oh word??? pictures please of your figurines (^_^).

I guess I'm in the minority I was never really a fan of this look.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

oh word??? pictures please of your figurines (^_^).

I guess I'm in the minority I was never really a fan of this look.
    You're not. I'm not a fan of the mohawk either. I like her hair when Jen Bartel draws her. She gives her waves, a fro, braids, etc and I love those looks on her.
    Last edited by Sunny; 01-07-2020 at 05:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    You're not. I'm not a fan of the mohawk either. I like her hair when Jen Bartel draws her. She gives her waves, a fro, braids, etc and I love those looks on her.
    She draws such great hair for Storm! Wish that ongoing series would happen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Ooo those look really nice! I could definitely be for something like that
    Yupp...Punk Goddess can definitely be a modern option.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

14568196_10101516918470417_1857315765309791495_n.jpg

Yeah, punk Storm was a great look, but it did start off as something of a joke, replicating Mr. T.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!