Page 168 of 613 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 9190

I guess I would like to see a really great escape like her locking picking feat with her teeth. Or a hiest. Like successfully stealing from Doom, or fire from the gods level feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    So I just re-read Doomwar by Maybury from 2010 again(can’t believe that was 10 YEARS ago already jeez), and I had to say I enjoyed it much more upon second read through. Also some of the preceding issues from Black Panther vol. 5 where the inciting incident of T’challa getting ambushed by Doom happens and Ororo decides to trade her own life for his by literally yeeting Death and their army of billions of the dead. There were a few times reading where I thought, “wow this could definitely come across as foreshadowing for what happens in future BP issues”. One in particular was when T’challa was fighting(and on the verge of defeat) Death, just before he is overwhelmed by the army of the dead, and he looks up and sees a light. It is Ororo, and she has been sent in winds of fire to find her beloved. Death belittles her by saying they have faced many an overconfident champion in their time and they all lose in the end. T’challa, still looking to Ororo in awe, says “maybe champions... but have you ever faced a Goddess?”. To which Storm responds by blowing them all to hell and at the very last moment, right when T’challa’s about to be blown away with them, she catches him. Totally could’ve seen this as one of the first moments it dawned on T’challa that Ororo might be an actual Goddess and not one in name alone. Definitely one of the better portrayals of them from their marriage together, almost makes me sad/nostalgiac in a way. You could tell that they really loved each other. Anyway, just some random thoughts there.

Attachment 94827

Attachment 94828
    That was actually my favorite attempt at Black Panther and the Royal couple.
    But everyone just wanted to rag onit due Storm needing saving and the Doomwar let down fight scenes and Wakanda taking an L. But overall that style is what I'm looking for in my Black Panther Royal couple franchise. A little Mayberry aHickmen Illuminati
    Priest Coates Duffy..

Big Soap oprea , Tom Clancy Afrofuturizm Royal couple
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-24-2020 at 01:28 PM.

So I just re-read Doomwar by Maybury from 2010 again(can’t believe that was 10 YEARS ago already jeez), and I had to say I enjoyed it much more upon second read through. Also some of the preceding issues from Black Panther vol. 5 where the inciting incident of T’challa getting ambushed by Doom happens and Ororo decides to trade her own life for his by literally yeeting Death and their army of billions of the dead. There were a few times reading where I thought, “wow this could definitely come across as foreshadowing for what happens in future BP issues”. One in particular was when T’challa was fighting(and on the verge of defeat) Death, just before he is overwhelmed by the army of the dead, and he looks up and sees a light. It is Ororo, and she has been sent in winds of fire to find her beloved. Death belittles her by saying they have faced many an overconfident champion in their time and they all lose in the end. T’challa, still looking to Ororo in awe, says “maybe champions... but have you ever faced a Goddess?”. To which Storm responds by blowing them all to hell and at the very last moment, right when T’challa’s about to be blown away with them, she catches him. Totally could’ve seen this as one of the first moments it dawned on T’challa that Ororo might be an actual Goddess and not one in name alone. Definitely one of the better portrayals of them from their marriage together, almost makes me sad/nostalgiac in a way. You could tell that they really loved each other. Anyway, just some random thoughts there.

Attachment 94827

Attachment 94828
    I can't believe that it's been a decade since DoomWar either, as the time did go by fast. While it definitely left a lot to be desired, I liked DoomWar overall too. I also think the art was really dope. Those images you posted from "Deadliest of the Species" and that is the best BP story by Hudlin IMO. Having Storm battle Death was awesome. We should also remember that it was with Storm's decision for Shuri to be tested to become the Black Panther:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love that everyone has been catching up on older stories involving the all-goddess. Myself I been trying to go through all of uncanny and when I tell you that its been nearly 100+ issues without one reference to storm. I finally made it through and when I tell you it was tough, it was hard but I made it. Issue 444 brought back the return of Claremont and Storm and the issue already is putting to shame all the stories I read leading up to this. Some of the highlights from the issue for me:

360 degree emp blast taking out sentinels in danger room:

disrupting ship shields by way of electrical interference:

covering the mid sahara desert with snow:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So ive been looking through my extensive collection of X-Men book to answer your question.

I too would like to see Accanti again,I'm always down for any space adventure for Storm.
    Dracula is also good choice . In my fanfic LifeDeath5 or whatever number we're on. Would be after a successful delivery of birth giving to her and T'Challa litter and failing to protect her new borns from Uvo thegod Tchalla sends the kids to another realm to be protected and raise thus protecting the kids and the universe, against Storm will . Grife stricken she disappears next time we see her it seems she may have fallen victim to Dracula bites .

But I'm sad to say anything out side of Clearmont Xbooks ,Storm within the Xbooks is just Supporting character with no real development.
    So I think of all the really great stories but Storm roles are just minor.
    And anything I do think of seems to come from Clearmont or Black Panther.
    So yeah .

that is sad but true. as I mentioned inve Claremont stopped writing storm in uncanny she became either, as you stated, a supporting character or completely nonexistent. it was pretty sad and if the foxverse used this xbooks during this time as a template for the movies it because sadly understandable why storm was trash and why the teams were heavily white centric. you can't blame the movies when the comics themselves were pretty bad in this area.

Attachment 94827

Attachment 94828
    baby yes!!!!! as much as some storm fans give hudlin trash for he did lay the foundation for what we have seen in coates book. also very good analysis and connecting the dots to where we are today. it's always nice to have these gems to show the buildup to where we canonically reside.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So ive been looking through my extensive collection of X-Men book to answer your question.

I too would like to see Accanti again,I'm always down for any space adventure for Storm.
    Dracula is also good choice . In my fanfic LifeDeath5 or whatever number we're on. Would be after a successful delivery of birth giving to her and T'Challa litter and failing to protect her new borns from Uvo thegod Tchalla sends the kids to another realm to be protected and raise thus protecting the kids and the universe, against Storm will . Grife stricken she disappears next time we see her it seems she may have fallen victim to Dracula bites .

But I'm sad to say anything out side of Clearmont Xbooks ,Storm within the Xbooks is just Supporting character with no real development.
    So I think of all the really great stories but Storm roles are just minor.
    And anything I do think of seems to come from Clearmont or Black Panther.
    So yeah .
    I can go with that. I can actually see her going deeper into her magical side to help her safe guard her kids.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I can go with that. I can actually see her going deeper into her magical side to help her safe guard her kids.
    I was thinking also maybe seeing how her abilties are connected to her emotions and going through immence grief temporarily lose her mutanat ablities or just doesn't trust herself in using them due to feed back back lash . So to rescue her kids she dives into the Magicks , may her Ruby Stone could be made of Raw pure Chaos Magicks and is slowly affect her personality the more she uses it.
    ECT....
    Just spit ballin

I was thinking also maybe seeing how her abilties are connected to her emotions and going through immence grief temporarily lose her mutanat ablities or just doesn't trust herself in using them due to feed back back lash . So to rescue her kids she dives into the Magicks , may her Ruby Stone could be made of Raw pure Chaos Magicks and is slowly affect her personality the more she uses it.
    ECT....
    Just spit ballin
    A mad sorceress Storm would be off the chain. I'm all for Storm tapping into her magical side.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A mad sorceress Storm would be off the chain. I'm all for Storm tapping into her magical side.
    Lol not trying to recreate another SW moment. But yes, A Storm who was constantlys little on edge .
    a little Malice , RougeStorm Redemption
    Losing her kids is the ultimate betrayal for her. Her parent abandoned her and now her kids. Or, she's repeating her parent failure by not being with them and having to send them away even if it was for their safety
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-24-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Tired of Storm making snowstorms and rainstorms in the desert. Give the girls a sandstorm in the middle of new york. That'll really shake the table.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Tired of Storm making snowstorms and rainstorms in the desert. Give the girls a sandstorm in the middle of new york. That'll really shake the table.
    create dust from extreme heat and chemical reaction in the building, then manipulate it with kinetic and wind manipulation and we have ourselves a sand storm!

Reload Storm is my favorite Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I love the way Storm is drawn in those panels and the Davis costume is one of my favorites for Storm.

But Rachel's hair tho...?

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    But Rachel's hair tho...?
    Reload Rachel was the worst thing about Reload, and that includes Cannonball punching the team mook card for a single arc.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love that everyone has been catching up on older stories involving the all-goddess. Myself I been trying to go through all of uncanny and when I tell you that its been nearly 100+ issues without one reference to storm. I finally made it through and when I tell you it was tough, it was hard but I made it. Issue 444 brought back the return of Claremont and Storm and the issue already is putting to shame all the stories I read leading up to this. Some of the highlights from the issue for me:

360 degree emp blast taking out sentinels in danger room:

Ughh. My heart. So much nostalgia. These were some of my favorite issues when I was younger. Bless