Page 184 of 471 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 7055
  1. #2746
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    some beautiful images shared on mr. coates Instagram for the upcoming bp book. i just love all this melanin fighting to save wakanda:








    Oh shit, it's on. LOL. Looks great, especially the last panel. Yes, I love that all of the black/African characters have come to Wakanda's aid. Hudlin did something similar with a Hurricane Katrina issue, pulling together characters like BP, Cage, Blade, etc. to help the people of New Orleans.

  2. #2747
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,494

    Default

    Respectfully, wtf is Miles doing? haha. I love that guy but maybe he stay on the ground and let all these legit aerial combatants start things off. haha

  3. #2748
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Respectfully, wtf is Miles doing? haha. I love that guy but maybe he stay on the ground and let all these legit aerial combatants start things off. haha
    Ha, ha. I had the same thought. War Machine should've taken his spot. But come on, Batman does it, so you know, ummn, why not Miles.

  4. #2749
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Yep. i was about to respond the question Miles with "I'm Batman"


    I was soooo looking forward to this arc but it didn't really pan out lol!

  5. #2750
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    some beautiful images shared on mr. coates Instagram for the upcoming bp book. i just love all this melanin fighting to save wakanda:







    Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about someone trying to kill Storm and Black Panther's kids. I remember saying..."Good luck with that. Also, where should they bury their bodies".
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  6. #2751
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    some beautiful images shared on mr. coates Instagram for the upcoming bp book. i just love all this melanin fighting to save wakanda:







    This is so beautiful ... I love it.. Its so good to see them step up and like this. So shocking to see Prodigy kudos for his inclusion.. If only Ev, Monet, Oya and Bishop could have been included.

  7. #2752
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about someone trying to kill Storm and Black Panther's kids. I remember saying..."Good luck with that. Also, where should they bury their bodies".
    Very true. First, they would have to get past the parents, then their aunt and Doral Milage. If someone can do all of that they are one bad mutha. T'Challa is such a respected person and leader. It could be argued that it would be unwise for anyone to allow Wakanda to fall, which is true, but those heroes, IMO, aren't there simply because of that. They are there because the Black Panther asked for their help. I love it when writers show a force of "minority" characters like this, coming together for something bigger than themselves.

  8. #2753
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This is so beautiful ... I love it.. Its so good to see them step up and like this. So shocking to see Prodigy kudos for his inclusion.. If only Ev, Monet, Oya and Bishop could have been included.
    It would be nice if X-Men other than Storm were shown. I can definitely see Bishop being involved in this battle. Do you know if there is a Krakoa law preventing X-Men from involving themselves in non-mutant affairs?
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 04-03-2020 at 11:00 AM.

  9. #2754
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Black Panther #23

    King T'Challa: "Here we say 'Wakanda for Wakandans.' And I think that is correct. But we never knew how many Wakandans there really were." Coates

    So, the other Orishas return and they are on the same page as the Hadari Yao. Hmm. Interesting. Storm doesn't look pleased. Whether she's pissed at them or something else, we'll have to see. Thoughts? I kinda want Goddess Storm to kick their asses for abandoning Earth Prime Wakanda.

    Storm Coates.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 04-03-2020 at 10:56 AM.

  10. #2755
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh shit, it's on. LOL. Looks great, especially the last panel. Yes, I love that all of the black/African characters have come to Wakanda's aid. Hudlin did something similar with a Hurricane Katrina issue, pulling together characters like BP, Cage, Blade, etc. to help the people of New Orleans.
    yes, yes and yes!!!!! we need more of these depictions as it is very rare in the world of marvel comics. i'm so you used to reading the opposite where there is one or no black characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about someone trying to kill Storm and Black Panther's kids. I remember saying..."Good luck with that. Also, where should they bury their bodies".
    right lolol that would be suicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This is so beautiful ... I love it.. Its so good to see them step up and like this. So shocking to see Prodigy kudos for his inclusion.. If only Ev, Monet, Oya and Bishop could have been included.
    it is very beautiful! i'm so sad to see coates go.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #2756
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Black Panther #23

    King T'Challa: "Here we say 'Wakanda for Wakandans.' And I think that is correct. But we never knew how many Wakandans there really were." Coates

    So, the other Orishas return and they are on the same page as the Hadari Yao. Hmm. Interesting. Storm doesn't look pleased. Whether she's pissed at them or something else, we'll have to see. Thoughts? I kinda want Goddess Storm to kick their asses for abandoning Earth Prime Wakanda.

    Storm Coates.jpg

    Where did you get that quote from?

    I'm not sure what to make of that panel but I don't think she is angry at the Orishas. In fact, I think she may help them in working to do whatever they are trying to do in that panel. To me i think it's just her battle face but I would like her to get them and bast for their absence during all the ish Wakanda has gone through since Namor flooded Wakanda.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #2757
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Where did you get that quote from?

    I'm not sure what to make of that panel but I don't think she is angry at the Orishas. In fact, I think she may help them in working to do whatever they are trying to do in that panel. To me i think it's just her battle face but I would like her to get them and bast for their absence during all the ish Wakanda has gone through since Namor flooded Wakanda.
    The quote came from Coates' post about this issue. There were four images he shared. The third one is the one with Storm and the Orishas. I think she will fight along side them but probably not before giving them a piece of her mind. I also don't know what in the world is going on in the panels above Storm. Hopefully, there will be dialogue to explain what they are doing.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 04-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

  13. #2758
    ☁ϟ Rosa Snarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Still wish the underside of her cape was red.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  14. #2759
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Still wish the underside of her cape was red.
    What did I tells ya?! You know what Rosa SNARKS let's go!


  15. #2760
    ☁ϟ Rosa Snarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Do we have to fight again? You know what Rosa SNARKS let's go!

    Lockdown isn't time to fight :3
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •