Page 200 of 613 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I enjoyed Priest's T'Challa but his writing style is much different from Coates. His T'Challa is more stoic and not as sensitive as Coates' T'Challa. Storm doesn't have too many appearances in this run, but she is written well and Priest portrays her as wise and definitely someone T'Challa really cares for.
    thank you boo!! I cant wait to start reading his run!!! I've heard good things about him. I've read some of the portions where storm appeared and what i read i recall enjoying it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep

This is the type of cheese cake Dwayne McDuffie had issues with. Dc censored Static #25 saying Virgil and Daisy kissing on a couch was too sexual yet stuff like this was FINE for their books.

That is too sexual for me.

Moreover, if fans find his work boring why continue reading it? But the same ones talking about how boring it is are the same ones I'm sure running to see the issues she is featured in. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Orders say otherwise and that includes trades. Now some folks will stay with a book because of whose name is on the cover (a MAJOR issue at DC).

Now some will stay to hope to see improvement.

Some will stay because they are DESPERATE for something with black leads. As long it comes from certain folks see Tyler Perry, The Chi, Empire and most of BET. While ignoring others who have offered better like Bitter Root and Excellence at Image.

Finally you got some who bought into the "if you don't support it, it says you don't want it" a weapon by the anti-minority crowd to force us to buy badly done books (New 52 Static Shock) or to support books that trash characters we like (John Stewart & Cyborg).

Meanwhile folks like Carol Danvers & Moon Knight get how many shots?

While Storm volume 1 get held against Storm when it comes to another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like this?

Or this?

Yea but those book were C Lister and few B listers .

I'm talking The Ladies of Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    boring, BORING, BOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!

Supercharged lightning??? Sure I got got you:
    Good, now we have 2 Super Charged feats.

She isnt doing anything different or exciting in the xbooks. Even her water manipulation though nice is something she has always been able to do. Nevertheless like I said if you like it good for you but Coates has been the ONLY writer to give her any type of significant development since her marriage.
    Honestly, nobody else is doing anything that exciting in the Xbooks other than Wolverine and Cable. As for what she is doing in the Xbooks it's not exciting, but it's a different take on her role in the X-Men world. Being one of the Figure heads of running Krakoa. And Being so called "Priestess of Krakoa" to welcome dead mutants is different. I'm not the only one that is enjoying Hickman's Storm in the X-Men's new status quo. Do we want her to do more? Yes. But that doesn't take away that Hickman is actually writing a good X-Men story. And as I explained to you before. That 1 development Coates has given Storm is great but, that doesn't take away of how boring of a writer he really is. And that doesn't make him THE BEST Storm writer ever.

You don't have to agree with that. But unfortunately, it's true. The man has 2 Solid Solo Books out(Black Panther and Captain America) and they are boring it's unfortunate really, but the truth. Hence why half of us Storm fans do not want him to write a Storm book.

So you acknowledge that what Coates is doing for Storm is cool? That's good! If you think becoming a new goddess of an ancient civilization isnt doing much but making crystal figurines from sand is doing something then again have at it. I hope those fans who find what coates is doing with storm boring will continue to enjoy her beta female status as it has so far in the xbooks when Coates stops writing her. I do not want what some fans enjoy to make sense to me, just as I didnt when they wanted the marriage to end. The funny thing it's like history repeats itself but this time once Storm leaves the BP books I hope she doesnt return solely to be promised more but nothing of real substance. Nevertheless, I find the stuff I've seen this far to be quite boring for the character and it does nothing to expand her pedigree in the MU. But as I said, continue to enjoy those crystal figurines:
    Yes, it's cool. But what Coates is missing the mark among Storm fans is he's dragged out this Goddess concept. Wait a minute why are you trying to compare Storm being a Goddess to the Crystal Figurines??? I don't think anyone said either or was better. What I think was cool for Gerry Duggan was to use his imagination on Storm's powers using Lightning to which I can appreciate. However, that also doesn't make him the best Storm writer ever either. Now to those fans your talking about I'm sure those fans will be just fine. In fact i'm positive that they wouldn't care if Coates never came back. As for the part of you not wanting to make sense of what other fans like then I'd say just leave it alone. Although, I am confused on what you mean by History repeats itself. But to swing back around to the main point of the conversation. That's fine if you think what she is doing in the Xbooks are boring that's your opinion. As for others and some other fans of storm find that her involvement of both the X-men and in Black Panther are not great. Although, we have clearly seen that some would prefer Marauders a more enjoyable, fun and easy read than Black Panther a slow, boring paced book.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-15-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is the type of cheese cake Dwayne McDuffie had issues with. Dc censored Static #25 saying Virgil and Daisy kissing on a couch was too sexual yet stuff like this was FINE for their books.

That is too sexual for me.

Orders say otherwise and that includes trades. Now some folks will stay with a book because of whose name is on the cover (a MAJOR issue at DC).

Now some will stay to hope to see improvement.

Some will stay because they are DESPERATE for something with black leads. As long it comes from certain folks see Tyler Perry, The Chi, Empire and most of BET. While ignoring others who have offered better like Bitter Root and Excellence at Image.

Finally you got some who bought into the "if you don't support it, it says you don't want it" a weapon by the anti-minority crowd to force us to buy badly done books (New 52 Static Shock) or to support books that trash characters we like (John Stewart & Cyborg).

Meanwhile folks like Carol Danvers & Moon Knight get how many shots?

While Storm volume 1 get held against Storm when it comes to another shot.
    I guess you are right. Or maybe pirating, the market, and the fact he is a black character could all be indication as to why the sales are poor. I mean all the other non Coates BP including AoW also was doing poorly and AoW bately cracked 5 issues.

But I digress, Black Panther will get multiple shots even after Coates is done. The BO franchise will be fine.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Good, now we have 2 Super Charged feats.

Honestly, nobody else is doing anything that exciting in the Xbooks other than Wolverine and Cable. As for what she is doing in the Xbooks it's not exciting, but it's a different take on her role in the X-Men world. Being one of the Figure heads of running Krakoa. And Being so called "Priestess of Krakoa" to welcome dead mutants is different. I'm not the only one that is enjoying Hickman's Storm in the X-Men's new status quo. Do we want her to do more? Yes. But that doesn't take away that Hickman is actually writing a good X-Men story. And as I explained to you before. That 1 development Coates has given Storm is great but, that doesn't take away of how boring of a writer he really is. And that doesn't make him THE BEST Storm writer ever.

You don't have to agree with that. But unfortunately, it's true. The man has 2 Solid Solo Books out(Black Panther and Captain America) and they are boring it's unfortunate really, but the truth. Hence why half of us Storm fans do not want him to write a Storm book.

Yes, it's cool. But what Coates is missing the mark among Storm fans is he's dragged out this Goddess concept. Wait a minute why are you trying to compare Storm being a Goddess to the Crystal Figurines??? I don't think anyone said either or was better. What I think was cool for Gerry Duggan was to use his imagination on Storm's powers using Lightning to which I can appreciate. However, that also doesn't make him the best Storm writer ever either. Now to those fans your talking about I'm sure those fans will be just fine. In fact i'm positive that they wouldn't care if Coates never came back. As for the part of you not wanting to make sense of what other fans like then I'd say just leave it alone. Although, I am confused on what you mean by History repeats itself. But to swing back around to the main point of the conversation. That's fine if you think what she is doing in the Xbooks are boring that's your opinion. As for others and some other fans of storm find that her involvement of both the X-men and in Black Panther are not great. Although, we have clearly seen that some would prefer Marauders a more enjoyable, fun and easy read than Black Panther a slow, boring paced book.
    1. yes you do boo but the one I posted came years before the one you referenced as the first time we has seen her perform such a feat.

2. Hmm. I disagree. Betsy, Emma, Kwannon, Domino, Cyclops. They all are doing way more than Ororo in the excitement department. When was Storm called "Priestess of Krakoa?" Even if she was called such a thing that's boring. Shes welcoming mutants back to Krakoa. whoopty doo. that's not development. that's more background grandstanding. but like I said, you like enjoy it. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise beloved.

3. well I personally want all of what he has done to be retconned so that his boring work can be ignored all for the promotion of all-new, all-different Walmart greater. I'm being so serious. its mind-boggling that a man does as much as he has and there are still some who complain. especially after schism, stormbot, bendis, utopia, ivx, hanmertime. I mean, seriously? he had zero obligation to include her in black panther but he stand for her. hes a big storm fan that's probably one of the only reasons he included her in his book. but whatever. different strokes for different folks.

4. It's not coates job to fully explain everything with goddess storm in black panther. it's not a storm book. it's a book that centers around tchalla and his supporting cast. I'm sure that he was hoping to explore her godhead in the solo book he was said to write back in 2017. Nevertheless, I started the convo by saying just as some think what coates is doing is boring I find the xstuff boring. it's all opinion ar the end of day.

history repeating itself is in reference to storm and her being in the BP books. back when she was married there were some storm fans who hated everything she did there and wanted her back in the xbooks because these storm fans believed she was being written poorly. the xbooks promised they had big plans for her and then we saw what that eventually led to. I don't think Hickman would do anything as bad. I actually think he will go on to further explore what COATES did to develop her. but I surely wish history would repeat itself for those some fans you speak to resulting in the continuation of taking orders from emma. that would make all right with me

love you stormphoenix!!!!!!!! :* :*
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-15-2020 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. yes you do boo but the one I posted came years before the one you referenced as the first time we has seen her perform such a feat.

2. Hmm. I disagree. Betsy, Emma, Kwannon, Domino, Cyclops. They all are doing way more than Ororo in the excitement department. When was Storm called "Priestess of Krakoa?" Even if she was called such a thing that's boring. Shes welcoming mutants back to Krakoa. whoopty doo. that's not development. that's more background grandstanding. but like I said, you like enjoy it. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise beloved.

3. well I personally want all of what he has done to be retconned so that his boring work can be ignored all for the promotion of all-new, all-different Walmart greater. I'm being so serious. its mind-boggling that a man does as much as he has and there are still some who complain. especially after schism, stormbot, bendis, utopia, ivx, hanmertime. I mean, seriously? he had zero obligation to include her in black panther but he stand for her. hes a big storm fan that's probably one of the only reasons he included her in his book. but whatever. different strokes for different folks.

4. It's not coates job to fully explain everything with goddess storm in black panther. it's not a storm book. it's a book that centers around tchalla and his supporting cast. I'm sure that he was hoping to explore her godhead in the solo book he was said to write back in 2017. Nevertheless, I started the convo by saying just as some think what coates is doing is boring I find the xstuff boring. it's all opinion ar the end of day.

history repeating itself is in reference to storm and her being in the BP books. back when she was married there were some storm fans who hated everything she did there and wanted her back in the xbooks because these storm fans believed she was being written poorly. the xbooks promised they had big plans for her and then we saw what that eventually led to. I don't think Hickman would do anything as bad. I actually think he will go on to further explore what COATES did to develop her. but I surely wish history would repeat itself for those some fans you speak to resulting in the continuation of taking orders from emma. that would make all right with me

love you stormphoenix!!!!!!!! :* :*
    1. I know that's why I asked you.

2. Well that's actually debatable. But moving on. The "Priestess of Krakoa" is more like a fan name since she is always there when Mutants wake up. Now that's fine if you believe that to be boring. While there are Fans that actually like it. You are not trying to convince me or anyone. what do you mean? Your just saying your opinion.

3. Well, it's like I said. The man has only done 1 good thing for Storm. It's just unfortunate that his writing style is boring. And the reason why fans just can't stand him or get behind him. We just need to wait till he writes Storm's Solo then we can really see what he can do.

4. True, he doesn't have to but he literally recreated the Wakandan Pantheon and included Storm in it. I think that requires a little bit more of an explanation is called for. Yes, we know it's a book centered around T'Challa. Just like how we are always reminded that Storm can't do everything in a Team Book. It's not all about Storm. However, as you said soon we will get an explanation of her Godhead in Storm's Solo since he wants to do it. But, we shall see. These are just Opinions of Fans. Some find it boring some don't. Some like Coates some don't.

We, shall see. Right now the only thing to look forward to is GS: Storm. That's all I got to say on the matter.

Count me as another who isn't impressed with DOX Storm. She still isn't doing anything. Though to be fair I dropped Marauders around issue 4 or 5, so if she has gotten better in the main book she is featured in, I wouldn't know, but I doubt it. Once again, it still feels like Storm is treading water. At this point GSX Storm is the make or break it point for the character since Hickman said that should spearhead and define the character's role for the foreseeable future.

I haven't been reading Coates. I am not a fan of BP. I read a few issues cause the forum said Storm was getting some good development but I still could not force myself to slog through a book/franchise that I don't care about. It's too bad that focus isn't happening in the X Books.

DoX Storm is doing just fine.
    Hickman is telling a grand story, with THE Largest cast of Marvel.
    From HoX to PoX and GiantSize , one would say Nightcrawler is in the same boat. But I see world building. From the Kimeras to Council member The island providing him a church and he's on a team. I would say be patient.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would say...if you are only reading it for Storm featz and development then you should save your time and money and are better off reading Black Panther.

While Storm is just one of my favourites among many, I'm reading X-Men for X-Men.
    I'm reading and enjoying HiX-Man's Krakoa Era overall because it's exciting and interesting with beauty-full art and engaging writing...some things the BP book is sorely lacking...but that clearly doesn't matter because first and foremost "Storm is a Goddess...yay!"

At the end of the day..."to each, their own".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-16-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My small hope is. Solo , continued showing in Black Panther. While still being prominently shown in The Xbook

Astonishing Member

I mean DOX being solid doesn't mean that Storm (imo at least) isn't being written well. They're not mutually exclusive and saying the latter doesn't mean that the former is untrue. The X-books are bringing in a huge cast of mutants with lots of big ideas so it makes sense that not every character is gonna get major development. A handful have gotten great status quo shifts like Scott and his big happy family or Betsy with her new mantle but Storm is one of many mutants that doesn't have a well defined role or arc set up.

She's on Marauders but it's obvious that Kitty and Emma are the leads. The question of Kitty not entering the portals, the conflict between Emma and Shaw, their growing mother-daughter relationship, and now Kitty's death are the big plot points, with Storm being there to look out for Kitty and (presumably) be the angel on her shoulder. She's on the Quiet Council but their dynamics aren't that well understood and all they really do is make decisions that serve as jumping off points for other stories. She's seemingly responsible for introducing resurrected mutants to Krakoa but it's not done consistently and we haven't seen how this role effects her character or relationships in a meaningful way. From what I've seen the whole High Priestess thing is something fans project onto the position to give it more relevance than it really has.

Storm is undeniably being used in big ways, but has she been given actual meat to her story like Kitty, Scott, Apocalypse, or even Nightcrawler? She seems like she's just along for the ride because I'm not seeing a clear direction for where she's supposed to go. Part of that might just be the writers taking their time with the character. For all we know Storm's Giant-Size could reveal new info that sets her up to be a major player in the next phase. With Coates' BP coming to an end maybe the X-Office will have more freedom to use her (even though that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place). I'm keeping an open mind since we're only in Phase 1 but also because overall I've been satisfied with DOX and won't be too bothered by an underwritten Storm.

BANNED

Storm in the Era of DOX while she doesn't have a big role. She's actually being utilized pretty well and the stories she's involved in are very good. I appreciate how Hickman and Duggan has handled her so far.

Storm in Black Panther while she is actually getting some development. She's stuck in a very slow story-line that has bad pacing, loose ends and it's starting to get annoying and boring.

Let's just wait until GS: Storm come out then we have a good idea on what Marvel has in the grand picture for Storm. We will have answers and a good idea what to come next. And "hopefully" the announcement of her Solo comes.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-16-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Can any of y'all beautiful babies give me a fast and furious run down on what she's been doing over in Black Panther?

I'd love a few bullet points if anyone is willing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can any of y'all beautiful babies give me a fast and furious run down on what she's been doing over in Black Panther?

I'd love a few bullet points if anyone is willing.
    -She's a Goddess and she is solidifying her status as one of Wakanda's powerful Gods

-She is still the love interest of T'Challa

-She's Helping T'Challa defeat an entire Galactic Empire

-She's participating in Battles and showing that she is a powerful BIG GUN.

-She's also providing guidance and help to T'Challa, Shuri and the rest of Wakanda

That's pretty much it.....