Page 204 of 613 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. the cyclops scans debunks your point. again there is zero proof that the beans used by those bots were electrical. it could be but it could also simply be any other energy type as well. ultimately you cant use that scan to definitively state coates got rid of her immunity to lightning. now Taylor from xmen red? that's a different story.

2. what????? she fought adversary and beat him. she told tchalla she wouldnt be wakanda queen again? how then can you conclude based upon that alone her confidence wasnt restored? let's try a different angle. what issue specifically did coates write her where she didnt have her confidence? maybe I'm misinterpreting one of the issues that led up to her fight to adversary.

3. absolutely incorrect. he used Harlem as a common theme to connect all these different players. ororo visiting harlem during the outback era and fighting for their causes so much so that they began to call her blue has nothing to do with street levelers and everything with building her stock amongst people who look like her. you may not think much of that but that is a change of status quo for a mutant who was said to be nothing more than the xmen canonically.
    1. The Cyclop scan does not debunk my point. It only shows that there are other powers that give off the same sound effect as electric attacks. That does not take away the fact that the word "ZAP" is associated as electricity. Therefore "ZZZAP!" is a electric attack. It's possible that it's not a Electric Attack. But given the word it's most likely an Electric Attack. And if you are claiming that it's another form of energy you'd have to prove what kind of Energy that is.

2. I honestly don't know how to help you out here. I thought I explained it pretty well. How about this what part are you struggling with so I have a better Idea on how to assist you.

3. No It's Correct. As I mentioned earlier to which you're just restating what I said. He used her background and ties to Harlem for a new Story. Now, to the rest of your response your starting to repeat yourself. And just like I stated on Number #2 I don't know how else I can help you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

When I read it, I found his reasoning why Ororo is called "Blue" was rather ridiculous as it pertains specifically to Storm and how she's always been depicted in the early days, in comics...and coming from a Black man, it really shed light on his poor creative abilities.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

I'll play the middle man in SP and kyss heated debate to say, technically you're both right in a sense. What coates did with storm is more or less build needed story potential to her character in the means of reestablishing her love relationship with Tchalla, making an effort to establish her powers beyond her x gene (which has never really been explored since Claremont) and give her some interesting feats and show that though she may not be queen anymore the people of Wakanda still have her back. Overall its not necessarily Coates problem to change her status quo because Ro's status quo comes down to her effect on the 616 as a whole and not just from the Xmen perspective but as a character from a bigger perspective and what she means to the main verse earth and her purpose. Ororo's status was last changed under Hudlin and Hudlin never really got to dig deep into her character and deliver a potential storyline that never manifested because due to Disney and they're beef with fox over the X rights to movies (which is the main reason why AvX and the annulment thing happened) Disney made marvel basically "cancel" the xmen and ruin they're status. Me, I take it with a grain of salt because we cant forget that Coates is a literary writer meaning his writing style is meant for 100+ page books while comic books are basically short stories that expand a certain number of issues, SP and kyss don't know but thyere basically two sides of the same coin honestly, Kyss enjoys what coates has done in his efforts to expand Ro's character beyond the xmen and SP wants more detailed explanation of this character development and wants less slow pace and more get to the point but overall both fans appreciate the efforts in they're own way. That's my analysis of they're debates.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Storm as she appeared in The Infinity War #3 (August, 1992).

Last edited by Electricmastro; 04-22-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

All those heroes and they still couldn't take down the Infinity Watch...Mostly because of Thanos but still. LOL

Also, I think this team could take the Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Speaking of this picture, yall ever noticed that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 plot is basically the MCU Endgame story if Marvel had all theyre movie assets heroes and villains? I never noticed until someone on youtube pointed it out, if only Fox and Sony coughed up the movie rights sooner post 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I'll play the middle man in SP and kyss heated debate to say, technically you're both right in a sense. What coates did with storm is more or less build needed story potential to her character in the means of reestablishing her love relationship with Tchalla, making an effort to establish her powers beyond her x gene (which has never really been explored since Claremont) and give her some interesting feats and show that though she may not be queen anymore the people of Wakanda still have her back. Overall its not necessarily Coates problem to change her status quo because Ro's status quo comes down to her effect on the 616 as a whole and not just from the Xmen perspective but as a character from a bigger perspective and what she means to the main verse earth and her purpose. Ororo's status was last changed under Hudlin and Hudlin never really got to dig deep into her character and deliver a potential storyline that never manifested because due to Disney and they're beef with fox over the X rights to movies (which is the main reason why AvX and the annulment thing happened) Disney made marvel basically "cancel" the xmen and ruin they're status. Me, I take it with a grain of salt because we cant forget that Coates is a literary writer meaning his writing style is meant for 100+ page books while comic books are basically short stories that expand a certain number of issues, SP and kyss don't know but thyere basically two sides of the same coin honestly, Kyss enjoys what coates has done in his efforts to expand Ro's character beyond the xmen and SP wants more detailed explanation of this character development and wants less slow pace and more get to the point but overall both fans appreciate the efforts in they're own way. That's my analysis of they're debates.
    I could not let your post go by without saying thank you for being able to articulate the entire situation of Storm within the BP franchise.
    And with your post I officially declare The feud over.

I didn't read all of those post so I appreciate your summary!

More official art of the Disney plus Storm design. Possibly her new look in a future animated series?

EV6yThSXgA0t38f.jpg

"Which iconic Storm era do you wanna draw inspo from?" "Yes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    More official art of the Disney plus Storm design. Possibly her new look in a future animated series?

EV6yThSXgA0t38f.jpg
    Goodness - I hope not. Get rid of the stupid mohawk!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post

EV6yThSXgA0t38f.jpg
    Hate the damn Mohawk

Gimme white Sza hair.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. The Cyclop scan does not debunk my point. It only shows that there are other powers that give off the same sound effect as electric attacks. That does not take away the fact that the word "ZAP" is associated as electricity. Therefore "ZZZAP!" is a electric attack. It's possible that it's not a Electric Attack. But given the word it's most likely an Electric Attack. And if you are claiming that it's another form of energy you'd have to prove what kind of Energy that is.

2. I honestly don't know how to help you out here. I thought I explained it pretty well. How about this what part are you struggling with so I have a better Idea on how to assist you.

3. No It's Correct. As I mentioned earlier to which you're just restating what I said. He used her background and ties to Harlem for a new Story. Now, to the rest of your response your starting to repeat yourself. And just like I stated on Number #2 I don't know how else I can help you.

1. again you cannot definitively say its electricity. another example of regular munitions
    shown to make the same sound:

point it zap doesnt necessarily mean electricity.

2. it's ok. finding think gold did anything to build her confidence back and you do. it's just a difference of opinion here.

3. its further development of the character but again this does feel very circular so we can agree.to disagree.

thnk you. I think it's fair to say his work is slow paced but to say the only development he gave her was name her a goddess is just flat out wrong.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Goodness - I hope not. Get rid of the stupid mohawk!
    I'm over the mohawk too please no thank you.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!