Page 21 of 613 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    If it were me, I’d have Coates and Ayala co-write since he clearly has a lot say and no time to say it. He also has a higher profile than Vita. And of course Ms. Bartel is a must.
    yes agreed to all of this. i hope this is the plan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...edium=facebook

Have you guys already seen this? I don't know how I'd feel about Ayala on her solo.
    I'll believe it when I see it. As of Now there is no such thing as a Storm Solo......
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    "Vita Ayala is a queer Afro-Latinx writer out of New York City, where they live with their wife and cat sons. Their work includes THE WILDS (Black Mask Studios), SUPERGIRL (DC), XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS (Dynamite), MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE (Marvel), LIVEWIRE (Valiant), and SUBMERGED (Vault), among others. They're non-stop, like Hamilton!"

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/vita-a...e-here-to-stay

Attachment 91484
    She has done some GREAT stuff. She's also worked on a little bit of Wonder Woman, Batman. She's Seasoned OK I like.

NOW, all of that is GREAT. IF this Vita lady IS to be writting Storm I hope she knows how her powers work...........

That's IF any of this is true by the way ;-/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. As of Now there is no such thing as a Storm Solo......

She has done some GREAT stuff. She's also worked on a little bit of Wonder Woman, Batman. She's Seasoned OK I like.

NOW, all of that is GREAT. IF this Vita lady IS to be writting Storm I hope she knows how her powers work...........

That's IF any of this is true by the way ;-/
    Just FYI, Vita is non-binary. “They” is their pronoun.

Trying not to get too excited but can't help it at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    You and me both. I'm not trying to get my hopes up just to get the same ol same but anxious about what they're planning to do

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I think you speaking for all of us here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Well, if indeed we are getting a Storm solo from Vita, cool. I don't think Storm has been written by enough people of color, whatever gender they may be. Bishop's series was well-written, even if the event as a whole was stupid. I just hope if it is so, that Marvel lets them go wild with Storm this time.

Last time, during Pak's series, while he had a great handle on her powers, the plots and villains were just bottom of the barrel garbage. Storm is one of the most powerful mutants alive and has rich connections across the Marvel Universe, including magical, sci-fi, urban, heist, martial arts and many other sub-genre angles of approach, not to mention the political thriller which should be the obvious focus now, given the very political stance the X-Men have taken on the world stage.

I mean, you have Xavier and Frost pushing these drugs as mutants sole economic interest(or at least primary), when Storm could literally bargain the world's atmosphere(climate) with the human superpowers. When Claremont's Ororo brokered her XSE clearance with the UN Security Council nations, that was the greatest stoke of statesmanship any mutant had accomplished. Global sanction. It was horrible that story potential was scrubbed with No More Mutants and the BP marriage. That said, that period still managed to establish or reinforce narrative ties with Doom, Namor, the Inhumans, the FF, Silver Surfer, Eternity, The Avengers, and of course T'Challa and Wakanda themselves. Essentially none of these were followed up during Pak's series, which, was awkwardly timed when Ororo was headmistress of the School(I don't like her as a teacher in that sense), so the big conclusion to that arc ended up being freaking Zero of whatever that Akira ripoff's name was.

All I'm saying is, whomever is writing Storm in a solo capacity: don't waste it! Show us the gorgeous, intelligent, commanding, strategic and sneaky, goddess of the earth and air. Let her bring rain to the parched, and destroy death machines, while taking care of her plants and dancing with her friends, cutting a bitch when necessary, and changing the world one issue at a time. And don't worry about watering her down too much. Let her be fabulous. I think Pak(and Ibanez) wanted to suppress her sex appeal and ground her into reality a bit too much. She's more of an aspirational type character, like Wonder Woman, not so much a Spider-Man everyman.

And I'm not attached to Bartel. She can do a great cover or poster when she wants to, but I found her interior work on BP, for instance, not as good. I think a more dynamic, stylish artist in the line of Larraz or Silvestri would be more fun, paired with a good colorist.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-10-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm not sure if you all have seen this yet, but Storm's costumes begin at about the 15:15 mark:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm not sure if you all have seen this yet, but Storm's costumes begin at about the 15:15 mark:

I really love the 90s and Queen costumes and Emma can throw diamonds wth

thanks for sharing the complete list. queen of wakanda is my fav!! and why is her intro so bitchy lol "why are you here?"

also no wolverine???? I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, if indeed we are getting a Storm solo from Vita, cool. I don't think Storm has been written by enough people of color, whatever gender they may be. Bishop's series was well-written, even if the event as a whole was stupid. I just hope if it is so, that Marvel lets them go wild with Storm this time.

Last time, during Pak's series, while he had a great handle on her powers, the plots and villains were just bottom of the barrel garbage. Storm is one of the most powerful mutants alive and has rich connections across the Marvel Universe, including magical, sci-fi, urban, heist, martial arts and many other sub-genre angles of approach, not to mention the political thriller which should be the obvious focus now, given the very political stance the X-Men have taken on the world stage.

I mean, you have Xavier and Frost pushing these drugs as mutants sole economic interest(or at least primary), when Storm could literally bargain the world's atmosphere(climate) with the human superpowers. When Claremont's Ororo brokered her XSE clearance with the UN Security Council nations, that was the greatest stoke of statesmanship any mutant had accomplished. Global sanction. It was horrible that story potential was scrubbed with No More Mutants and the BP marriage. That said, that period still managed to establish or reinforce narrative ties with Doom, Namor, the Inhumans, the FF, Silver Surfer, Eternity, The Avengers, and of course T'Challa and Wakanda themselves. Essentially none of these were followed up during Pak's series, which, was awkwardly timed when Ororo was headmistress of the School(I don't like her as a teacher in that sense), so the big conclusion to that arc ended up being freaking Zero of whatever that Akira ripoff's name was.

All I'm saying is, whomever is writing Storm in a solo capacity: don't waste it! Show us the gorgeous, intelligent, commanding, strategic and sneaky, goddess of the earth and air. Let her bring rain to the parched, and destroy death machines, while taking care of her plants and dancing with her friends, cutting a bitch when necessary, and changing the world one issue at a time. And don't worry about watering her down too much. Let her be fabulous. I think Pak(and Ibanez) wanted to suppress her sex appeal and ground her into reality a bit too much. She's more of an aspirational type character, like Wonder Woman, not so much a Spider-Man everyman.

And I'm not attached to Bartel. She can do a great cover or poster when she wants to, but I found her interior work on BP, for instance, not as good. I think a more dynamic, stylish artist in the line of Larraz or Silvestri would be more fun, paired with a good colorist.

I agree with the bolded this is what I need. i want all of this with her embracing her femininity. the writer who can embrace all these different facets of her character will have hit a homerun

They leaving money on the table; Storm's a freaking gold mine if they do it right.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. Her Epic costume is beautiful. Queen of Wakanda, indeed.

No opinion yet on Vita. I haven’t read anything from her before. Part of me is happy to see a black/latin female writing her. I am still at a loss on what type if story this will be and how it’ll connect with Storm. Part of me thinks if its a team book that Storm gets to lead I’d be curious if they’ll go for an XXM 3 style reboot.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Her Epic costume is beautiful. Queen of Wakanda, indeed.
    that outfit is bomb af!!! I absolutely love it and the color they gave to her wind and lightning is so cute as well.