Page 213 of 613 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have yall heard the rumors Chadwick Boseman is leaving Marvel and wont be returning to black panther? I wonder what impact, if any, this will have on who is cast for Storm if she appears in the sequel.
    I hadn't heard. But I thought Disney had their actors locked down in contracts that spanned several movies. It would be odd for that contract not to include BP 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This article sums it up:

http://www.dailyraider.com/index.php?id=2116

X-men: Next Dimension was better

I wish we got a sequel to this or a fighter made in its style.

LOL I still have that game. I loved how you could knock your opponent through walls and glass and into another area of the stage. I loved the X-Mansion stage. I'd send people flying through the top floor and they'd hit the ground on the basketball court

Mighty Member

I am sure it was discussed here but I just read Giant Sized X-Men with Jean, Emma and Storm. Has anything been released that follows up on that story and how Ororo has been effected?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I am sure it was discussed here but I just read Giant Sized X-Men with Jean, Emma and Storm. Has anything been released that follows up on that story and how Ororo has been effected?
    As I understand it, the follow up to that story is Giant Size Storm #1 which has been delayed due to the Coronovirus pandemic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    It’s suppose to be followed up on in the upcoming Giant-sized Storm issue.

Edit: Stormrocks beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have yall heard the rumors Chadwick Boseman is leaving Marvel and wont be returning to black panther? I wonder what impact, if any, this will have on who is cast for Storm if she appears in the sequel.
    Yup due to money issues. He wants more money and he should get more. His movie grossed 1.3 billion. Give that man his money just like y'all would give any white man more money who had a billion dollar movie

Remember Dave Cockrum's artwork in X-Men #102 with the flashback of Ororo and her parents (getting killed during the Suez War)?
    X-Men #102p8.jpg
    You’ll note from the image he has her mother, N'Dare, pregnant.

Dave was apparently planning on revealing down the track that Ororo had a long-lost sibling/brother?

The question from here is if the pregnancy survived, despite the bombing, did the baby get transferred to Cairo's Kasr El Aini maternity hospital and adopted out from there, or did Farouk intercept it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Remember Dave Cockrum's artwork in X-Men #102 with the flashback of Ororo and her parents (getting killed during the Suez War)?
    X-Men #102p8.jpg
    You’ll note from the image he has her mother, N'Dare, pregnant.

Dave was apparently planning on revealing down the track that Ororo had a long-lost sibling/brother?

The question from here is if the pregnancy survived, despite the bombing, did the baby get transferred to Cairo's Kasr El Aini maternity hospital and adopted out from there, or did Farouk intercept it?
    I guess it’s more tragic if the unborn baby died with the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I guess it’s more tragic if the unborn baby died with the parents.
    If Dave put something like this in the art, it was definitely for a purpose... whether Chris used it or not was his choice (a shame given all the unnecessary other plots Claremont seeded that he never bothered resolving).

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Yup due to money issues. He wants more money and he should get more. His movie grossed 1.3 billion. Give that man his money just like y'all would give any white man more money who had a billion dollar movie
    Thanks. And I agree. BP grossed way better than projections. And people hated on that movie for it because it beat out movies with majority white cast and movies people thought would bring in a certain amount of money but didn't because of BP.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thanks. And I agree. BP grossed way better than projections. And people hated on that movie for it because it beat out movies with majority white cast and movies people thought would bring in a certain amount of money but didn't because of BP.
    As an African American in leadership in corporate America, I am always looking to level the playing field and make sure everyone is compensated fairly for their contributions. That said, while it's easy to side with Chadwick, I would just advise caution as we don't know all the details. All we have are rumors at this point.

We don't know if he is demanding pay equal to RDJ ($75 million for Endgame), or Chris Evans/ Chris Hemsworth/Scarlet Johansson ($15 million), or Chris Pratt/Bradley Cooper ($7 million), or somewhere in-between. Some of the request may be reasonable, or it may be off the wall. We just don't know.

And less not discount the terrible timing of this negotiation, (though this is not Chadwick's nor Disney's fault). Disney is in precarious situation financially right now. Movies/TV ranks as their 3rd largest revenue generator. With the theme parks and cruise lines being out for the count, they are hemorrhaging $30 million at day. Disney is ripe for a takeover and industry insiders are saying Apple is considering scooping them up. Even if Marvel wanted to pay his demands, they may not be able too.

Or they could totally have the freedom and ability to give him everything he wants and they are just being dicks.

So I'll say again, this is all just rumor and until we get some actual facts, I'd advise caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    As an African American in leadership in corporate America, I am always looking to level the playing field and make sure everyone is compensated fairly for their contributions. That said, while it's easy to side with Chadwick, I would just advise caution as we don't know all the details. All we have are rumors at this point.

We don't know if he is demanding pay equal to RDJ ($75 million for Endgame), or Chris Evans/ Chris Hemsworth/Scarlet Johansson ($15 million), or Chris Pratt/Bradley Cooper ($7 million), or somewhere in-between. Some of the request may be reasonable, or it may be off the wall. We just don't know.

And less not discount the terrible timing of this negotiation, (though this is not Chadwick's nor Disney's fault). Disney is in precarious situation financially right now. Movies/TV ranks as their 3rd largest revenue generator. With the theme parks and cruise lines being out for the count, they are hemorrhaging $30 million at day. Disney is ripe for a takeover and industry insiders are saying Apple is considering scooping them up. Even if Marvel wanted to pay his demands, they may not be able too.

Or they could totally have the freedom and ability to give him everything he wants and they are just being dicks.

So I'll say again, this is all just rumor and until we get some actual facts, I'd advise caution.
    Thanks but I'm not a bandwagon person. I do believe in fair and equitable pay. But these types of conflicts are rich people arguing over amounts of money most people will never have--like Disney and Sony fighting over Spiderman. I don't get invested in stuff like that. However, if Boseman's asking price is aligned with what he brings to the franchise, then good for him for pushing. And I know big actors are paid well, but $75 mil, even $15 for a movie is outrageous. That's another topic, though.

Spectacular Member

I don't pay attention to those random rumor articles that pop up in my news feed regarding the mcu so whatever happening with C.B. is being exaggerated till further notice and if its a payment issue either pay the man or recast him, No BP no MCU for me. Regarding the Giant Size X book on Ro, honestly I have my doubts about that book.

Like ive been doing some thinking regarding the use of her character and came to the question of, What is storms real purpose in 616 other than being an expandable in the fight for mutant rights? I know you guys were talking about the whole relationship thing out point and honestly if shes gonna be in a relationship just keep her and tchalla together because the relationship is beneficial to both characters plus theyre practically the same character anyway nd have more similarities than differences. Just because shes on the x men doesn't mean she has to be with "insert character here" while on the team. I'm just super sayin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    This Picture has a Batman Beyond and Batman the Animated Series feel. In fact her Face and Head shape looks exactly like Barbara Gordan the Batgirl.......