Page 225 of 613 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Um, Vision is a sex toy at best, and is currently scrap metal. Try again luv.
    Lmao. I was considering them but , was waiting on the D+ Series

Um, Vision is a sex toy at best, and is currently scrap metal. Try again luv.
    You disregard him bc he isnt human but Wanda loves him. They were a very significant couple in the comics and they are a thing in the MCU and are getting their own series focused on their romance. You may not want to acknowledge any of that bc it disproves your point but anyone who is being unbiased can admit that they are a thing in the films

Try again? You ignored my Pepper and Tony example and may have missed me also saying Star Lord and Gamora.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    You dont have to wait for that. We saw them teased heavily in Captain America: Civil War which laid the groundwork for their pairing and in IW, they were a bonafide couple who's romance played a key part of the plot. It was a major part of her story arc which gave her motivation which was carried on through Endgame and will be the driving force of the D+ series. They aren't a throwaway pairing like Black Widow and Hulk were
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-11-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I mean, they are both Avengers, so my subfrancise idea remains true. It's not like you have Dr. Strange and Gamorra in a relationship. Assuming T'Challa moves forward with Chadwick(who's to say they won't recast him with a younger actor, someone in his late 20's? T'Challa the character seems much younger than Chadwick, especially with a teen-aged sister), I really don't see how you could have him marry Ororo in one movie, and then she goes off to star in a whole other subfranchise(X-Men) where T'Challa has no role, and her role as Queen of Wakanda has no merit.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Not that this is all too impressive of a feat but it's a newer article discussing just how powerful Ororo can be. Screenrant talks about the time she took down a shield carrier.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-sh...carrier-comic/

Since her appearance in the Giant Sized X-Men Annual #1 (1975), Storm has been a member of numerous X-Men teams as well as a member of the Fantastic Four and Avengers. She has been worshipped as a goddess and respected as a Queen as well as mutant leader. She has stood her ground against an extraordinary range of enemies ranging from human to cosmic, even supernatural and extra-dimensional. She is a member of a species that is constantly under attack, suspicion and persecution. So it's no surprise that she could take down a SHIELD helicarrier, a feat that few super-powered individuals could boast.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-11-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I mean, they are both Avengers, so my subfrancise idea remains true. It's not like you have Dr. Strange and Gamorra in a relationship. Assuming T'Challa moves forward with Chadwick(who's to say they won't recast him with a younger actor, someone in his late 20's? T'Challa the character seems much younger than Chadwick, especially with a teen-aged sister), I really don't see how you could have him marry Ororo in one movie, and then she goes off to star in a whole other subfranchise(X-Men) where T'Challa has no role, and her role as Queen of Wakanda has no merit.
    It's going to be hard to build a BP-Storm romance in the MCU. Storm will likely only be in a post-credit scene in Black Panther 2, meaning you only have the third film to focus on the relationship. After that it's hard to think of where they can continue to develop it. Even if there were another BP trilogy with Shuri, there's no guarantee Boseman comes back except for 1-2 more Avengers films, where Storm isn't likely to have much of a role. And even then their romance would be getting development in the context of an ensemble, which isn't a lot to work with. Short of giving Storm a Disney+ series that features T'Challa as a love interest I don't see how they'll be able to fit both characters together since the X-Men are arriving late to the MCU. Plus there's the question of what to do with Nakia and the potential age gap between the X-Men and Avengers.

I think they'll stick to some light flirtation but won't pursue a full relationship. There'll probably be some attraction between the two of them and reminiscing about their time as teenagers but I think for the most part they'll exist in their own worlds, which is for the best. Nakia fits better into T'Challa's world of espionage and geopolitics and Storm should be fully available for the fight against anti-mutant hatred. If the MCU had access to the X-Men at its inception I have no doubt Storm would've been T'Challa's love interest but with only one film to really give it justice I don't think they'll go in that direction.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's going to be hard to build a BP-Storm romance in the MCU. Storm will likely only be in a post-credit scene in Black Panther 2, meaning you only have the third film to focus on the relationship. After that it's hard to think of where they can continue to develop it. Even if there were another BP trilogy with Shuri, there's no guarantee Boseman comes back except for 1-2 more Avengers films, where Storm isn't likely to have much of a role. And even then their romance would be getting development in the context of an ensemble, which isn't a lot to work with. Short of giving Storm a Disney+ series that features T'Challa as a love interest I don't see how they'll be able to fit both characters together since the X-Men are arriving late to the MCU. Plus there's the question of what to do with Nakia and the potential age gap between the X-Men and Avengers.

I think they'll stick to some light flirtation but won't pursue a full relationship. There'll probably be some attraction between the two of them and reminiscing about their time as teenagers but I think for the most part they'll exist in their own worlds, which is for the best. Nakia fits better into T'Challa's world of espionage and geopolitics and Storm should be fully available for the fight against anti-mutant hatred. If the MCU had access to the X-Men at its inception I have no doubt Storm would've been T'Challa's love interest but with only one film to really give it justice I don't think they'll go in that direction.
    what if they go down the malice road with nakia? there are ways a romance between ororo and tchalla could develop even with Nokia's presence. not that it will happen but it is possible and it doesnt have to be a thing where they fall in love or begin dating instantly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what if they go down the malice road with nakia? there are ways a romance between ororo and tchalla could develop even with Nokia's presence. not that it will happen but it is possible and it doesnt have to be a thing where they fall in love or begin dating instantly.
    I want to know who you think will be cast as Ororo to have the MCU tell [Oscar award winning actress] Lupita Nyong'o to go kick rocks? lol The Hollywood politics, let alone the media optics, would be a mine-field for Disney/Marvel. Honestly, if they keep the cast as it is, they should just develop Lupita's character more in BP2, flesh out her perspective and relationship with T'Challa, rather than try to introduce a whole other character and potential romance that can't even really go anywhere. They have the option of going the Malice route, but the optics on that aren't very good either. Remember, she was the one pushing for a greater role in the outside world. If they turn her character evil, it presents a difficult position for Disney/Marvel to defend.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-11-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not that this is all too impressive of a feat but it's a newer article discussing just how powerful Ororo can be. Screenrant talks about the time she took down a shield carrier.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-sh...carrier-comic/

Since her appearance in the Giant Sized X-Men Annual #1 (1975), Storm has been a member of numerous X-Men teams as well as a member of the Fantastic Four and Avengers. She has been worshipped as a goddess and respected as a Queen as well as mutant leader. She has stood her ground against an extraordinary range of enemies ranging from human to cosmic, even supernatural and extra-dimensional. She is a member of a species that is constantly under attack, suspicion and persecution. So it's no surprise that she could take down a SHIELD helicarrier, a feat that few super-powered individuals could boast.
    Not sure why that's something to bring up, she destroyed starships but whatever...it's nice to recognize some of her feats
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Turning a very well recieved black female protagonist into the stereotypical angry black woman villian to push another woman taking her place in a romance would not be a good look

Astonishing Member

I would be surprised if they went that route but the concept is the same. Nakia goes bad in BP2 and Storm debuts in the same movie. I doubt she'll have a major role though, more along the lines of a reveal. There's only 1 film where you can explore BP and Storm and like you said the romance won't come instantly, so by the end of that film they probably won't even be a couple. But with no more T'Challa-led Black Panther films and Boseman likely to only appear in Avengers movies how do you continue the relationship? A sub-plot in a New Avengers film? A sub-plot in an X-Men movie? The best option is a Disney+ show but then there's Boseman's contract, his money (lol), and how to fit it in the larger scope of the MCU. I don't think it's impossible but it's hard to develop a romance like theirs because it's across franchises and a little too late.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Killing her or making her evil for a new love interest would really alienate people who liked the first movie, me included. Won't Storm and T'Challa be fine as friends? She can a have a nice movie story wirhout destroying what's already a good romance.

Maybe I'm biased because I still like her with Forge.

BANNED

a well writen storm would be more friendly with mcu nakia more than tchalla lets be real here, she has rebelious and adventurous traits of yukio with a proper moral compass.
    I completly dislike the idea of reducing storm to a romantic interest and to sideline nakia and oscar award winner lupita for a relantionship that has only started being good under coates recently, and it was after a whole ass divorce.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-11-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Killing her or making her evil for a new love interest would really alienate people who liked the first movie, me included. Won't Storm and T'Challa be fine as friends? She can a have a nice movie story wirhout destroying what's already a good romance.

Maybe I'm biased because I still like her with Forge.
    For me it all comes down to execution. Nakia doesn't need to go evil for the same reasons that she does in the comics and if they do it in a way that doesn't butcher her character I can live with them pairing T'Challa and Storm. I've accepted that they'll never truly be separated so if they end up together in the movies I'll be fine as long as it's not reflected in the comics. My main issue is how it's gonna be fleshed out besides Black Panther 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    For me it all comes down to execution. Nakia doesn't need to go evil for the same reasons that she does in the comics and if they do it in a way that doesn't butcher her character I can live with them pairing T'Challa and Storm. I've accepted that they'll never truly be separated so if they end up together in the movies I'll be fine as long as it's not reflected in the comics. My main issue is how it's gonna be fleshed out besides Black Panther 3.
    nakia is the character in the movie with the best and most complete moral standing compared to tchala, okoye, killmongers, she was the most righteous looking outside the protection of wakanda for people to help but witout any of extreme views or blind loyalty.
    Turning her evil makes no sense in a normal situation, she's the least likely from what we see in the movie.

I would be fine with them introducing Storm as a old friend that T'Challa has/had feeling for in the past. Just to make things fair also add a new male character to spice up the Love Square.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.