Page 226 of 613 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Killing her or making her evil for a new love interest would really alienate people who liked the first movie, me included. Won't Storm and T'Challa be fine as friends? She can a have a nice movie story wirhout destroying what's already a good romance.

Maybe I'm biased because I still like her with Forge.
    I think Ororo should be more like Shuri's contemporary or even younger, and if we introduce her in BP2, just give her a premium cameo, not a full on role. Just enough to give us a vibe and a cool image or feat, to get people excited to know more about her. T'Challa can even give a look like 'Damn..." but then Nakia ribs him with an elbow and reminds him she's a teenager! And we follow her adventures off into the X-Men films/series at Prof Xavier's School.

As for your second idea, if we completely rewrite Forge into a good character, I'd be open to it. The MCU retreatment would allow for that sort of thing. If you made him younger, and a vet of Iraq or Afghanistan or whatever, and he's now working for DARPA or Halliburton or whatever(and mix in DARPA director Raven Darkholme in Captain Marvel), it could be a great story on film/D+ series. But like, slow and steady over a long time, especially if they weave whole series back into the main movies.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nakia is the character in the movie with the best and most complete moral standing compared to tchala, okoye, killmongers, she was the most righteous looking outside the protection of wakanda for people to help but witout any of extreme views or blind loyalty.
    Turning her evil makes no sense in a normal situation, she's the least likely from what we see in the movie.
    If there's anyone I trust to create a villain arc for Nakia it's Coogler. I won't write off the possibility just because it's not my preferred direction. For all we know those 5 years after the Snap radicalized her or maybe to keep Wakanda financially solvent she gets involved in black market dealings. We don't have any insight into how Wakanda may have been affected yet so the creators have some leeway in deciding what she dealt with and how she responded. Either way, Nakia turning evil doesn't solve the main issue with a BP-Storm romance, which is the lack of screen time available.

To me, the T'Challa/Ororo romance only works when they are full-fledged adults, having lived their own lives apart, coming back together as mature people. You can't do that if Ororo is just being introduced and MCU T'Challa is already 4 movies in.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To me, the T'Challa/Ororo romance only works when they are full-fledged adults, having lived their own lives apart, coming back together as mature people. You can't do that if Ororo is just being introduced and MCU T'Challa is already 4 movies in.
    Agree 100%
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I mean you can. You cant just do it with a significant age gap between them. If Storm is introduced as a woman within 2-3 years of whatever age he is supposed to be, it can work, but that wouldnt be wise for her longevity in this universe. Storm will likely be mid to late 20s at the most whenever we do see her and with at least a 10 year gap there, them as old flames isnt an angle they can tell.

Astonishing Member

Well when we first meet Storm she might very well already be a member of the X-Men. There's a popular theory floating out there that the X-Men have been hiding out on Krakoa or somewhere in the US acting as a secret task force dealing with mutant issues. So if they go that route Storm and T'Challa may have already been acquainted with each other but have simply grown apart over the years. The issue is the age gap and how old the X-Men are supposed to be.

To me it would be grave error to introduce the X-Men as mature characters who have been in hiding all this time. When we met Iron-Man, had he already been Iron-Man in hiding for 10 years, or did we see him make the suit? Same with Cap. We met them on the ground floor and went from there, so the audience grows with the character, so that the character can develop over 10 years organically. To introduce the X-Men any older than college aged would be a disservice in my opinion. We should see them grow into their powers and into their relationships as a team, otherwise you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Show me their triumphs and tragedies, don't tell me about it in dense exposition.

To me it would be grave error to introduce the X-Men as mature characters who have been in hiding all this time.
    You keep saying this, but I really think it'll be fine if the MCU suggests that the X-Men have been operating in the shadows for 10-15 years. Weird, but so's everything at this point.

If introducing Ororo into the MCU via Black Panther and not wanting to tip over the existing apple cart of T’Challa/Nakia, just show the kinship between the characters and keep the Ororo/T’Challa as a far off possible endgame ala EARTH X (which introduced the idea of the pairing). Or like the dance JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED did with Vixen/John Stewart/Hawkgirl - he ends up with Vixen at series conclusion with the idea that someday he’ll end up with Shayera.

There’s lots of Mutant World building to be done before the characters’ relationship can play out.
    If BP2 does go the “War of Kings” route with Namor, I’d go with Ororo being a non-Wakandan power player drawn into the plot as an ally.

Astonishing Member

To me it would be grave error to introduce the X-Men as mature characters who have been in hiding all this time. When we met Iron-Man, had he already been Iron-Man in hiding for 10 years, or did we see him make the suit? Same with Cap. We met them on the ground floor and went from there, so the audience grows with the character, so that the character can develop over 10 years organically. To introduce the X-Men any older than college aged would be a disservice in my opinion. We should see them grow into their powers and into their relationships as a team, otherwise you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Show me their triumphs and tragedies, don't tell me about it in dense exposition.
    With the exception of Doctor Strange viewers haven't seen the origin stories of most recent major characters introduced in the MCU. They had already begun their hero career before coming to the big screen, so I'm not sure it's a disservice as much as it is streamlining the story. I agree that the X-Men shouldn't be as old as the Avengers (mid-20s is my ideal) but I think there's a benefit to giving the team previously established dynamics that viewers can peer into and become invested in retroactively. It's not like the X-Men would've already taken on the Shi'ar or Mister Sinister, just established some core relationships that are put to the test and expanded on in the films we actually see them in. I think it opens up a bunch of story elements and reduces the need to focus on the growing pains of new team. Personally speaking I'd be fine jumping into the thick of the action and seeing the team grow from there.

On the flip side, there were characters like Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel whom were already doing their own thing when we were introduced to them. Not everyone needs to introduced on day 1 of using their powers/being a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You keep saying this, but I really think it'll be fine if the MCU suggests that the X-Men have been operating in the shadows for 10-15 years. Weird, but so's everything at this point.
    You keep saying that...

To me that's like starting the Lord of the Rings story when Frodo has nine fingers and is living with the elves.

Why would you skip their entire storied history?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    On the flip side, there were characters like Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel whom were already doing their own thing when we were introduced to them. Not everyone needs to introduced on day 1 of using their powers/being a hero.
    I get that you take some perverse pleasure in trying to counter my every thought, but in no way are your examples the same. Hawkeye and BW are baseline humans, they have no special powers and they were support characters in Avengers. Even BW's solo film is taking place in the past. Spider-Man has the Raimi films which already covered his origins to a perfect T(and besides, in the MCU he was only active for about six months prior to Civil War, he's still learning the ropes in his solo films and team up movies). The X-Men's origins were butchered in the Fox films. And Captain Marvel's film literally revolves around her getting her power; it's just told upside down and backwards to try to inject more interest into a boring character.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-11-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If introducing Ororo into the MCU via Black Panther and not wanting to tip over the existing apple cart of T’Challa/Nakia, just show the kinship between the characters and keep the Ororo/T’Challa as a far off possible endgame ala EARTH X (which introduced the idea of the pairing).
    The idea was introduced by Claremont and Byrne back in that team up issue, where they were both too busy in their respective lives to seriously consider each other. Earth X brought the idea back into focus, but it was not the originating point.

Why would you skip their entire storied history?
    Because X-Men TAS started with a bang in Night of the Sentinels. Everything was fine —and in hindsight, admired.

Just lead with Jubilee meeting the X-Men's "Men in Black" status quo, and that changes by the end of the film.