Page 229 of 613 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I saw this earlier and thought it was a crap article. Even the few characters that I agree on the list could give Hulk a challenge, what they wrote to defend it is crap.

Colossus is my second favorite X-Man and every time he gone up against the Hulk he's been spanked. Hulk literally snapped his wrist last time they met. As much as I like Peter he can't beat the Hulk in a fight.

Storm can beat the Hulk but she better damn well stay away from him. This line pissed me off: "Hulk is mainly a hand-to-hand combat fighter and may stand a chance against her if he ever got close enough." There is no "may" about it. One blow from the Hulk can KO Storm. She needs to stay of of range and barrage him.

Mimic can imitate the Hulk's powers, but unless that include the stronger when angrier part, the Mimic would eventually be outclassed.

Quicksilver could be stopped by Hulk smashing the ground or his famous thunderclap. Besides that, I am not sure his blows would have much affect on the Hulk anyway.

Beast: The Hulk isn't stupid when he transforms. Beast is a brilliant scientist and he is very strong and agile compared to a human. He’s definitely more agile than Hulk and could probably dodge his attacks for a little while. Eventually though, Hulk would either tag him or just do a thunder clap. And at that point it’s probably fight over. Without some serious plot armor I don’t see Beast having a chance.

Armor: This would be a good fight. I think Hulk would win, but I wouldn't be upset of Armor pulled out a W

Thunderbird: What the what?? How is this even an option? This guy was nowhere near Hulk's strength class. There is just no way.

Bishop: Look, I like Lucas. I really like that he can transmute the energy he absorbed into physical strength as well as energy blast. I've never seen him do anything near the Hulk's class, Even so, he'd have to KO the Hulk quickly before his energy wears out. I don't see that happening at all.

Juggernaut: Another good fight. I'd get my popcorn and watch.

Phoenix: Not a good fight, but Phoenix would win.

1. agreed on colossus. there isnt anyway he beats the hulk before he eventually gets ripped apart.

2. also agreed on storm. she has to put distance between her and fast. your example of spamming the heck out of him with storms as you mentioned barrage him is definitely an option but as her and cable together showed he can be downed via synapses shut down to the brain which we saw her do again sinister.

3. mimic I was skeptical about but if he copies hulk powers I would presume all the aspects of the powers come as well including the anger part but that's a good point. nevertheless, I'm leaning 60/40 towards mimic here as not only would he have hulks power but also all the original xmen powers as well.

4. quicksilver is a non-factor agreed.

5. agreed on beast.

6. how durable is armor's armor? does she get psionic feedback that physically affects hurt when she faces stronger attacks? I dont know much about the character so I cant say but somehow I believe she would eventually tire and hulk would win.

7. agreed about Thunderbird. he died in an explosion the xmen first mission. hes a non factor. hulk stomps

8. bishop as much as I like him is a non factor. hulk stomps.

9. now this would be good I'm not sure about this one. save me some of that popcorn please.

10. agreed that phoenix would win.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what I dont get is why the things we say as fans are ignored even when we dropped the receipts to support our claims. it's not just with hulk, its iron man, thor, and other high tier characters.

Claremont wrote to make her the untouchable "goddess" who "lost" her powers only to regain them and return to the powerhouse that she was. Later writers, from my perspective, seemed to want to deconstruct what Claremont wrote her as and this is when we go from her being immune to all weather and its manifestations to the mess we got from lobdell. this is why I appreciate coates as he has returned her to that character that has feats to back up the claim she is one of the strongest marvel characters. defeating adversary is no small feat and I hope we see this continue with her giant size issue, as well as moving forward.
    I don’t know. I honestly don’t know. Many people don’t see Storm as much of a threat. So whatever......

I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don’t know. I honestly don’t know. Many people don’t see Storm as much of a threat. So whatever......

I hope so too.
    maybe because she is viewed as glass cannon. like there needs to be a writer that explores creative uses of her using her powers defensively to enhance her durability. air, em field, lightning, water shields/ barriers wouldnt be to other-worldly for an omega level mutant right?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

maybe because she is viewed as glass cannon. like there needs to be a writer that explores creative uses of her using her powers defensively to enhance her durability. air, em field, lightning, water shields/ barriers wouldnt be to other-worldly for an omega level mutant right?
    You got it. Storm is a Glass Cannon and her reaction kinda sucks. Storm has more showings of getting tagged by street leveled Heroes. It makes her almost a joke in combat.

If Storm is to be seen as a TRUE threat and one of the most powerful X-Men? Her durability and reaction NEEDS to be better. That’s what people care about. Can you react fast enough and can you take a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You got it. Storm is a Glass Cannon and her reaction kinda sucks. Storm has more showings of getting tagged by street leveled Heroes. It makes her almost a joke in combat.

If Storm is to be seen as a TRUE threat and one of the most powerful X-Men? Her durability and reaction NEEDS to be better. That’s what people care about. Can you react fast enough and can you take a hit.
    but that's the thing though. claremont laid a lot of the foundation for writers to follow and what do they do, either ignore it completely or retell it to their liking. for instance:

her fighting crimson commando and crew powerless, as well as cyclops. and let's not forget she defeated callisto who has enhanced reflexes and speed. the womans reflexes are insane and Claremont established that. it was later writers who eroded her to the mess people like to bombard us with today as "proof" shes a lesser.

but to be clear it's not like she should never be able to be tagged but she shouldnt have issues with street levelers ever if she can hold her own against those earlier mentions
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-12-2020 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

but that's the thing though. claremont laid a lot of the foundation for writers to follow and what do they do, either ignore it completely or retell it to their liking. for instance:

her fighting crimson commando and crew powerless, as well as cyclops. and let's not forget she defeated callisto who has enhanced reflexes and speed. the womans reflexes are insane and Claremont established that. it was later writers who eroded her to the mess people like to bombard us with today as "proof" shes a lesser.

but to be clear it's not like she should never be able to be tagged but she shouldnt have issues with street levelers ever if she can hold her own against those earlier mentions
    I don’t know what to tell ya. Other than talk to the writers about making her a more than a threat. Tell writers to start using her Energy Sight.

Personally, I think it's time she stepped into her secondary form like Iceman. Give me some more of this...

20200512_083356.jpg

Secondary form abilities...

She is a sentient elemental force with no mass. In this form, she can fly, reaching sub-light speeds, survive within the vacuum of space, and is impervious to most physical and energy attacks. She also possesses the ability to fire and manipulate large bursts of elemental energy, changing appearance to match (water, air, lightning, etc...) which elements she is primarily using.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-12-2020 at 07:03 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Personally, I think it's time she stepped into her secondary form like Iceman. Give me some more of this...

She is a sentient elemental force with no mass. In this form, she can fly, reaching sub-light speeds, survive within the vacuum of space, and is impervious to most physical and energy attacks. She also possesses the ability to fire and manipulate large bursts of elemental energy, changing appearance to match (water, air, lightning, etc...) which elements she is primarily using.
    If ONLY a writer had the nutcrackers to do it.

Coates is our only hope for something amazing for this Goddess Storm. It’s a make or break.

Well, the difference between Storm and Iceman is that she is an elemental psychic and he's a dynamo transmorph. I'm certainly not opposed to cross-classification development, especially since Bobby in particular exhibits signs he generates ice itself, and seemingly can teleport via moisture. it's all a bit too much for my taste, but writers gon' write.

IMO, Storm's powers allow her to perceive and telekinetically move the pressure systems, electromagnetism, and temperature of atmospheres. If it were up to me, Storm would have a ramp-up time in new environments and be forced to work with what's available. Seems limiting, but I'd allow her ramp-up time to expand to liquid and solid environments given enough time, meditation, or psychic boost from a telepathic sidekick.

I like Storm to be portrayed more in a "witchy-goddess" archetype than cosmic herald of Galactus.

The RogueStorm incident and the Ages of Apocalypse future show Ororo does have the potential to transcend her fleshy form and actually exist as a pure, immortal elemental being. She has always shied away from that step because she fears losing her humanity, but the potential is there.

In terms of storytelling, given that they've already jumped the shark and made all mutants quasi-immortal through the Resurrection Protocols, why not just go a head and let Ororo transcend and be able to at least go back and forth between flesh and elements, making her the immortal goddess Cockrum intended from the beginning? Maybe that's what Hickman has planned to resolve that robot virus he left her with in the Giant Size story?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The RogueStorm incident and the Ages of Apocalypse future show Ororo does have the potential to transcend her fleshy form and actually exist as a pure, immortal elemental being. She has always shied away from that step because she fears losing her humanity, but the potential is there.

In terms of storytelling, given that they've already jumped the shark and made all mutants quasi-immortal through the Resurrection Protocols, why not just go a head and let Ororo transcend and be able to at least go back and forth between flesh and elements, making her the immortal goddess Cockrum intended from the beginning? Maybe that's what Hickman has planned to resolve that robot virus he left her with in the Giant Size story?
    I find Storm's elemental form interesting and it relates to what I was saying in the Jean thread about omega mutants. I think it would be interesting to see that some or all of the omega mutants have the ability to evolve or connect to external power sources. They seem to be implying that Franklin accesses a "godpower" in what we have read so far in X-men/Fantastic Four (things could change because the story isn't over yet). Storm has a potential to becoming an elemental being (from Ages of Apocalypse and other stories). Jean and Quire could still have their phoenix potential (and it could be tied to their omega status for telepathy), Magneto also has an elemental connection as does Iceman, etc.

This way the omega mutants can still be used as characters with unlimited potential for a big story when they have to evolve, but otherwise they would be at their normal powerful levels (being the highest level for their omega power category/classification). I mean it would be interesting to see Storm evolve into an elemental being but I wouldn't want her to stay that way.

I would love a story where the X-men get to show off their cosmic muscles.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

20200512_083356.jpg

I would be down for this.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

that's actually what I was thinking would happen to save her from the virus as well.

BANNED

I would love a story where the X-men get to show off their cosmic muscles.
    Same here. I wanna see her strut her stuff when she's thrown into Space. Force her to work with the Energy and elements out there.