Page 244 of 613 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 9190

Yeah Emma's image was a bit antagonistic. She could have shown something alot more recent that was more representative of how Emma has evolved, like when they were working as allies and teammates

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes they both were trying to help her but of any memory she could have shown ororo she showed her that one. when ororo fully realized they both were there to help her she opened her mind to them both. had it not been for jean they both would not have succeeded in helping her. so emma choice in that regard was not a good one, definitely not one of a friend.
    That is why i am saying that memory was purposely chosen rather then say the one at the end of Worlds Apart where they shared a good moment. In order to help Storm remember pivitol moments in her past good and bad

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well ya didn’t say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah Emma's image was a bit antagonistic. She could have shown something alot more recent that was more representative of how Emma has evolved, like when they were working as allies and teammates
    exactly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Based upon Emma’s facial expression when Jean looked at her for a response. You can tell Emma couldn’t even think of anything, but that example. It was almost like she was caught off guard and thought Jeans answer was good enough for both.

BANNED

EW DON’T blow ya funky Breathe at me. YUCK! Go brush ya teeth

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That is why i am saying that memory was purposely chosen rather then say the one at the end of Worlds Apart where they shared a good moment. In order to help Storm remember pivitol moments in her past good and bad
    me being objective I think ororo doesnt hate her as she did but even with some moments they had there are many negative moments they have had too. she trolled her after her marriage ended, she lied to her about going to war with the inhumans, and lied to her about taking down shaw. add to this emma first memory is taking her body?? they are not friends. that would be a stretch.

EW DON’T blow ya funky Breathe at me. YUCK! Go brush ya teeth
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

me being objective I think ororo doesnt hate her as she did but even with some moments they had there are many negative moments they have had too. she trolled her after her marriage ended, she lied to her about going to war with the inhumans, and lied to her about taking down shaw. add to this emma first memory is taking her body?? they are not friends. that would be a stretch.
    In fairness she was in diamond form when that happened and Emma's relationship also imploded after AvX. Frost was even mean to Scott in Diamond Form

Objectively speaking I'd say the Inhuman thing is the least egregious as they probably should have gone to war 8 months before IvX

BANNED

GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH. Your breathe is filled with Carona!!!

In fairness she was in diamond form when that happened and Emma's relationship also imploded after AvX. Frost was even mean to Scott in Diamond Form

Objectively speaking I'd say the Inhuman thing is the least egregious as they probably should have gone to war 8 months before IvX
    what encounter are you referring to when you said she was in diamond form? and long short emma has always had an adversarial relationship with ororo. from taking her body to the lies for her personal gain I dont see how Ororo could ever consider her a friend. my question is why is emma so intimidated by ororo? is she jealous? does she want her beauty and her power?

GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH. Your breathe is filled with Carona!!!
    you will accept me as I am. I expect nothing less

what encounter are you referring to when you said she was in diamond form? and long short emma has always had an adversarial relationship with ororo. from taking her body to the lies for her personal gain I dont see how Ororo could ever consider her a friend. my question is why is emma so intimidated by ororo? is she jealous? does she want her beauty and her power?

you will accept me as I am. I expect nothing less

The scene in Battle of the Atom.

If Emma wanted to make Ororo hurt she wouldn't have tried to console her in Marauders or take the blame for the dude Ororo killed in order to save her that pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't see Emma and Ororo as friends either and I think that's why the scene in Marauders was so striking to me. They're close but they aren't friends if that makes sense. They've hurt each other and drawn reverence out of each other....I'm interested to see where their relationship goes as the krakoan days wear on

And I have absolutely no idea why Emma would show Storm that memory..worst timing girl lol. Maybe trying to show Storm's subconscious that she's been there before? When I first read the issue I read it as accusatory, like it was conjured by Storm's subconscious and not Emma but then idk how to explain Emma's power sig showing up
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-26-2020 at 01:09 PM.

The scene in Battle of the Atom.

If Emma wanted to make Ororo hurt she wouldn't have tried to console her in Marauders or take the blame for the dude Ororo killed in order to save her that pain.
    yes ok. what does her being in diamond form have to do with her trolling her failed marriage?

and emma is a gray character. she is not just this completely evil being, this applies to ororo as well but she most certainly hasnt been a friend to her over the years. them finding the ability to grieve due to their love for kitty doesnt erase that complicated history.

yes ok. what does her being in diamond form have to do with her trolling her failed marriage?

and emma is a gray character. she is not just this completely evil being, this applies to ororo as well but she most certainly hasnt been a friend to her over the years. them finding the ability to grieve due to their love for kitty doesnt erase that complicated history.
    Diamond Form makes her to lack empathy. I also looked at the scene again, Frost was hiding that her powers were broken when she asked her to use them on Magik

The memory was definitely conjured by Emma as I said most likely to trigger pivitol moments in Storms consciousness so she can take back control over her mind. Her defenses were down when the virus was attacking her mind. Emma made it go on high alert. Thats really the only way I can rationalise that memory other then saying the writing was stupid
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-26-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Storm and Emma are kind of like Emma and Jean. They aren't best of friends but there is a level of respect for each other (as X-men, and as powerful mutants). I like to see the X-women working together and not being at each other's throats. I also want to see the same from the x-fandom. The nearly 20 years I've been in the X-fandom there has been so much pitting the female characters against each other and pitting the fandoms of the various x-women against each other. I do realize the fan wars are fun for some but I find it grating and ridiculous.

Storm I see as the heart of the X-men. In Extraordinary X-men Storm tells (teen) Jean that she is the heart of the X-men and you can't have the X-men without her but that sentiment easily applies to Storm herself. Emma over the years has also become an important part of the X-men. I couldn't imagine the X-men without her either. One of the many great things about the Hickman era is there is room for all the leading x-women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I don't see Emma and Ororo as friends either and I think that's why the scene in Marauders was so striking to me. They're close but they aren't friends if that makes sense. They've hurt each other and drawn reverence out of each other....I'm interested to see where their relationship goes as the krakoan days wear on

And I have absolutely no idea why Emma would show Storm that memory..worst timing girl lol. Maybe trying to show Storm's subconscious that she's been there before? When I first read the issue I read it as accusatory, like it was conjured by Storm's subconscious and not Emma but then idk how to explain Emma's power sig showing up
    That scene is Emma extending an Olive Branch. Are they friends? No, but they are SLOWLY becoming friends. I would say the telepathic visual Emma showed Storm was a way of consoling her and understanding her paint of losing a loved one. Who died alone...slowly with nobody there. Lol

It was a good scene. But Emma ruined it by saying you can beat me up.