Page 258 of 613 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find. I like seeing Storm connect with the Black community and want to see more of it in the comics.
    this is why I loved Coates being able to write her. before him you barely saw her interact with anyone who looked like her who understand the black experience in this world. this conversation she had with Tchalla was so deep and I wish we could see more of this. I'm over the analogy of mutant treatment being akin to the black experience. how about we see her navigate between both as she is mutant and black:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is why I loved Coates being able to write her. before him you barely saw her interact with anyone who looked like her who understand the black experience in this world. this conversation she had with Tchalla was so deep and I wish we could see more of this. I'm over the analogy of mutant treatment being akin to the black experience. how about we see her navigate between both as she is mutant and black:

Coates writes a terrific Ororo - even in Mauraders Ororo doesn't get to shine enough - though I hated her XTreme costume, at least she got to shine frequently in that book

This is a great moment. I like how Ororo is someone T'Challa can be vulnerable around. As stated above, Coates writes a great Storm and he captures her voice perfectly.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Coates writes a terrific Ororo - even in Mauraders Ororo doesn't get to shine enough - though I hated her XTreme costume, at least she got to shine frequently in that book
    he most certainly does. I hope he truly is cooking up something big for her in the solo he swears is still.coming . I liked xtreme as well even though I havent read all of it yet.

This is a great moment. I like how Ororo is someone T'Challa can be vulnerable around. As stated above, Coates writes a great Storm and he captures her voice perfectly.

i know they both balance each other out in a positive way which is why this run will truly be missed once it ends.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah I totally blame them. Storm wasnt the only character to get bad writing in the films yet I thought other actors didnt alright with what little material they got. Famke as Jean, Shawn as Bobby, Ellen as Kitty, James as Cyclops, etc... Halle and Alex just were not good for Storm at all. A better actress could have made Storm at least watchable instead of cringeworthy
    I agree. I used to defend Halle and blame the writing completely but I agree with Stormrocks that she lacks presence and frankly doesn't even look like Storm when in full makeup and costume. I think Angela Bassett, had she accepted the role, could have done a lot to elevate the character even with her limited role.

Did everyone see the latest CBR article regarding Storm?

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-storm-best-worst-costumes/

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I agree. I used to defend Halle and blame the writing completely but I agree with Stormrocks that she lacks presence and frankly doesn't even look like Storm when in full makeup and costume. I think Angela Bassett, had she accepted the role, could have done a lot to elevate the character even with her limited role.
    I still blame the direction and the costumer. By all accounts, all of the actors were told not to read the comics before filming the first movie, so Halle had no frame of reference. Singer could have directed her to move differently, hold her head higher... basically anything. And even if Halle lacked the presence, they could have at least made her look like Storm. By the second movie, they had given up and made her look and act like a soccer mom. Say what you will about Halle, but she can turn a lewk if needed.

interview-fashiontography-4.jpg

Look how different she can look with just a change in posture and expression.
    Last edited by superjosh; 06-12-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

No one should ever waste their time reading CBR's list articles...they're always rubbish.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Speaks so much to he current times.

Also, I love how the artist gave her Cat-slit eyes to compensate for the darkness in the room. Something rarely seen in current comics and a nice little touch to yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No one should ever waste their time reading CBR's list articles...they're always rubbish.
    Agreed. Personally, I loved the original black Goddess Of Thunder look.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-13-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

"Queens" by Stephen Byrne.

I love how Storm makes short work of Mera.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Storm for the MCU by Olivia Design (IG: @oliviadesignok)

I like this look even with the mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Speaks so much to he current times.

Also, I love how the artist gave her Cat-slit eyes to compensate for the darkness in the room. Something rarely seen in current comics and a nice little touch to yesterday.

Agreed. Personally, I loved the original black Goddess Of Thunder look.

it's so appropriate for what's going on now. Its crazy that in her nearly 40 years of being written this is the first time we've seen her have such an exchange.

by the goddess I didnt notice that detail food catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

I actually agreed with most of this.

"Queens" by Stephen Byrne.

I love how Storm makes short work of Mera.
    I was just going to post this. Byrne got this absolutely correct. Ororo would make short work of 99% of the people she encountered if she was written competently so this is very nice to see.

I love how after she beats Mera she casually flies away like "who's next?"
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-13-2020 at 12:28 PM.

I was just going to post this. Byrne got this absolutely correct. Ororo would make short work of 99% of the people she encountered if she was written competently so this is very nice to see.
    What cracks me up about this is that after Storm served her once, Mera really tried to be cute and come back for a second helping! And I love how Storm floats away #unbothered while Mera is left a scorched and defeated mess!