Page 263 of 613 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 9190

I honestly do believe Ororo would usurp Mera's attempt at controlling the water within her body. Sure there's a scenario where Mera just pulls off a completely immediate, unexpected attack successfully, but 9/10 I think Ororo would sense what she's trying to do and be able to immediately counterattack with a stronger willpower and greater base ability. We already know Ororo can split water molecules, we already know she just punked HydroMan into humidity with a flash of her eyes. She can make animated water and cloud 'holograms' with her mind. She can sense across the other side of the earth and do all these things remotely. Mera is cool, I like her look, pure hydrokinesis is great on it's own, never mind the whole aquatic strength and durability and all that. I love her in the new Aquaman movie(I mean, Jason's there, so it's an automatic win), but Storm beat Wonder Woman, and Wonder Woman beats Mera, so.....

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I honestly do believe Ororo would usurp Mera's attempt at controlling the water within her body. Sure there's a scenario where Mera just pulls off a completely immediate, unexpected attack successfully, but 9/10 I think Ororo would sense what she's trying to do and be able to immediately counterattack with a stronger willpower and greater base ability. We already know Ororo can split water molecules, we already know she just punked HydroMan into humidity with a flash of her eyes. She can make animated water and cloud 'holograms' with her mind. She can sense across the other side of the earth and do all these things remotely. Mera is cool, I like her look, pure hydrokinesis is great on it's own, never mind the whole aquatic strength and durability and all that. I love her in the new Aquaman movie(I mean, Jason's there, so it's an automatic win), but Storm beat Wonder Woman, and Wonder Woman beats Mera, so.....

now you have piqued my interest in this. do you think Ororo can beat WW? if so why and how?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now you have piqued my interest in this. do you think Ororo can beat WW? if so why and how?

Back when Ororo was Marvel's leading lady and I think at that time period she was even considered more popular than Wonder Woman herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    yes I know this but many disagree with this and dont believe diana could be dropped in this way. I have my thoughts but was just curious from a canonical perspective what yoga thought. anyone else can chime in as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes I know this but many disagree with this and dont believe diana could be dropped in this way. I have my thoughts but was just curious from a canonical perspective what yoga thought. anyone else can chime in as well.
    They do disagree. They spent more than two decades building WW up recently.
    Storm just graduated to Full Omgea status.

Cute.
    Thanks for sharing.

Wasn't that whole Amalgam thing done by fan votes? I wouldn't really say it was canon. As much as I love Storm, WW would probably win and I don't even really know all of her abilities.

It would depend on which version of Diana Storm is fighting. If it’s the New 52 Diana who is the daughter of Zeus, Ororo probably wouldn’t be able to defeat her with lightning attacks. And any version of Diana would certainly have the advantage when it comes to strength and endurance. If we’re talking about hand-to-hand combat, there would be no contest, but if Storm can evade Diana long enough to wear her down with long range elemental attacks, she could win.
    Last edited by Dipter; 06-17-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A fight between the two should result in a stale-mate, at the very least. At most...My money would be on Diana. That she fell to a mere lightning attack is pis ridiculousness.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Back when Ororo was Marvel's leading lady and I think at that time period she was even considered more popular than Wonder Woman herself.
    We must never forget!

#BrightLadybePraised #bytheGoddess! #democracy #thepeoplehavespoken

Diana has been buffed a lot since the mid 90's, so barring Ororo's most spectacular feats, she probably wins the majority, but as far as the canon goes, Storm did beat Wonder Woman(yes, it was all decided by votes, but that just means more people voted for Storm than WW, which is amazing in itself). It's what happened on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Diana has been buffed a lot since the mid 90's, so barring Ororo's most spectacular feats, she probably wins the majority, but as far as the canon goes, Storm did beat Wonder Woman(yes, it was all decided by votes, but that just means more people voted for Storm than WW, which is amazing in itself). It's what happened on the page.

It's honestly hard for me to believe that this wasn't that long ago considering the drought that Storm has been in for the past few decades when it comes to pop culture. Let's also not forget that she's the only female superhero with her own theme park ride (at least to my knowledge). Even Wonder Woman doesn't have that on her to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A fight between the two should result in a stale-mate, at the very least. At most...My money would be on Diana. That she fell to a mere lightning attack is pis ridiculousness.
    Don't forget Storm can literally fry someone's brain and stop them from breathing by taking the air out of their lungs