Page 264 of 613 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It's honestly hard for me to believe that this wasn't that long ago considering the drought that Storm has been in for the past few decades when it comes to pop culture. Let's also not forget that she's the only female superhero with her own theme park ride (at least to my knowledge). Even Wonder Woman doesn't have that on her to this day.
    Storm has a theme park ride?

Lmao who is making these stories up. I find it hard to believe any real x-men fan is petitioning for a 45 year old woman to play Storm. LOL. Puhlease.

Reading some of those reason for signing some people are so thirsty i guess they really would take grandma Storm. LMAO.

Also why are most of the signatures from hispanic names and the article was picked up by a hispanic writer on yahoo that quickly. This seems like either a low key prank or not truly coming from a good place. Something is amist here.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-18-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Don't be ageist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Don't be ageist.
    I don't think it's being agist when the character herself is not even 45 years old. I wouldn't want a 20 year old playing a golden girl in a reboot.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It's honestly hard for me to believe that this wasn't that long ago considering the drought that Storm has been in for the past few decades when it comes to pop culture. Let's also not forget that she's the only female superhero with her own theme park ride (at least to my knowledge). Even Wonder Woman doesn't have that on her to this day.
    Wonder Woman has several theme park rides...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It would depend on which version of Diana Storm is fighting. If it’s the New 52 Diana who is the daughter of Zeus, Ororo probably wouldn’t be able to defeat her with lightning attacks. And any version of Diana would certainly have the advantage when it comes to strength and endurance. If we’re talking about hand-to-hand combat, there would be no contest, but if Storm can evade Diana long enough to wear her down with long range elemental attacks, she could win.
    Post-Crisis Diana is lightspeed and can keep up with Superman, New 52 Diana was to fast for Supergirl, Kara claimed Diana was to fast for her and Diana blitzed her with her lasso, in the same comics Supergirl was keeping up with Flash in a fight at high-speed.

We all love Storm here but I think its safe to say that Diana is the more popular, more well known of the two

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Don't forget Storm can literally fry someone's brain and stop them from breathing by taking the air out of their lungs
    Hate to pull this out. But mystic Storm wipes the floor with WW.

When it actually happened on the page, Storm won. That's all that matters.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Storm has a chance to Beat Wonder Woman. Diana has a POOR Track Record when it comes to Lightning Attacks. True Diana May win majority, but Storm can do some mighty damage to Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wonder Woman has several theme park rides...

Blah!! Who cares how many Theme Parks Wonder Woman has in a Storm Thread PFFT! Storm has Theme Park Too.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Has Ororo ever mentioned her magical family lineage when she was in the Black Panther book?

I would love to see the writers explore it more with the recent emphasis on "mutant magic"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it's being agist when the character herself is not even 45 years old. I wouldn't want a 20 year old playing a golden girl in a reboot.
    Being against it is fine, but using "grandma storm" to describe a woman in her 40's is insulting.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No it's not.
    Unless you are a 40 year old woman and not a grandmother.

It's silly yes, insulting...no.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No it's not.

Yeah 40 year olds can be grandmas and look amazing. Bernice Burgos is the prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No it's not.

Just stop. You used it as an insult and you know it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for providing input on Storm vs WW. I am one to believe the Hadari Yao would take Ms. Prince down.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Has Ororo ever mentioned her magical family lineage when she was in the Black Panther book?

I would love to see the writers explore it more with the recent emphasis on "mutant magic"
    No it hasnt. Black Panther has been looking to explore her abilities beyond just being a mutant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!