Page 266 of 613 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 9190

I dont need her to have an accent but if she's been in the US for a few years by the time the film opens it, its not unreasonable that she'd have lost one and/or its not heavy or pronounced

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wonder Woman has several theme park rides...

Thank you for correcting me!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont need her to have an accent but if she's been in the US for a few years by the time the film opens it, its not unreasonable that she'd have lost one and/or its not heavy or pronounced
    Precedent is Wanda Maximoff i think it took only one movie before she entirely lost her accent.

As long as it isn't that awful accent Halle Berry had in the first X-Men film.

Exactly why I want a real African woman in the role. Sure Claremont added a NYC birth later, but she was recruited from Kenya. She probably hadn't spoken English often since she was 5 years old. Her tongue should reflect Swahili and Arabic, like Iman. Culturally she is more African than American, certainly in her first appearance.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    As long as it isn't that awful accent Halle Berry had in the first X-Men film.
    I wish that in X2 they would have had her prep more for the accent and not just drop it. I understand X1 was basically a rush job, but they had time for X2. Instead they had lines like "I gotta shake 'em". That was pretty much where Storm and Halle completely parted ways.

For the MCU, I want the accent. But more importantly, Storm needs to be written with her signature speech style. And absolutely no cheesy Disney jokes. If Storm ever were to make a joke, it would be dry, sharp, and cutting lol.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Exactly why I want a real African woman in the role. Sure Claremont added a NYC birth later, but she was recruited from Kenya. She probably hadn't spoken English often since she was 5 years old. Her tongue should reflect Swahili and Arabic, like Iman. Culturally she is more African than American, certainly in her first appearance.
    100% agree yogaflame but i think we are expecting too much correct me if i'm wrong but Marvel Studio didn't even expect T'Challa to have an accent it was Chadwick who pushed for that

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    For the MCU, I want the accent. But more importantly, Storm needs to be written with her signature speech style. And absolutely no cheesy Disney jokes. If Storm ever were to make a joke, it would be dry, sharp, and cutting lol.
    This is what I’m most worried about for Disney’s x-men reboot. I’ve grown tired of the abundance of comedy used in the MCU and I don’t want Ororo or any other characters mischaracterized for the sake of goofy comedic relief. An occasional quip would be fine, but she should remain regal and stern for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I wish that in X2 they would have had her prep more for the accent and not just drop it. I understand X1 was basically a rush job, but they had time for X2. Instead they had lines like "I gotta shake 'em". That was pretty much where Storm and Halle completely parted ways.

I completely forgot that line but when you said it I can literally hear Halle say it in my head lol. She had a more active role in X2 which I appreciated but her Storm doesn't feel like Storm at all. Storm needs a writer who knows the character and how she speaks and I never want to hear anything ever again about a toad being struck by lightning. Isn't it sad that this has been Storm's main association with audiences from the movies? That was Whedon's fault for writing Storm like one of his trademark and interchangable quippy characters.

Does anyone else ever feel super alienated in the X-Men fandom as a Storm fan or a female X-Men fan in general? I constantly hear about Cyclops being propped up as the mutant savior whereas Storm is completely discounted by fans and the writers. I think the X-Men could have been in a new golden age if Storm had been given the role as leader of mutantkind in the 2000s and 2010s but instead straight, white male writers wanted to live vicariously through Cyclops so he became their outlet and almost all the major X-Women were shunted off for a fake blonde barbie who the writers all wanted to sleep with.

I'm really hoping the MCU doesn't make this mistake and they instead prop up Storm as the X-Men's main leader. I don't want to live in another Age of Cyclops ever again.

Niffleheim

Movies were more an age of Wolverine than Cyclops but in the comic it has been the age of Cyclops. Marvel Studio Movies is the only remaining medium now that can hopefully give us the Ororo that has been living in our imaginations for the past decades come to life PROPER

I've grown accustomed to the X-Fandom not liking Storm and X-Writers pretending to like her and promising to write something or anything Ororo-centric. I don't care anymore. I'm just waiting for Feige.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-18-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Movies were more an age of Wolverine than Cyclops but in the comic it has been the age of Cyclops. Marvel Studio Movies is the only remaining medium now that can hopefully give us the Ororo that has been living in our imaginations for the past decades come to life PROPER

I've grown accustomed to the X-Fandom not liking Storm and X-Writers pretending to like her and promising to write something or anything Ororo-centric. I don't care anymore. I'm just waiting for Feige.
    The movies unfairly propped up Wolverine over Storm but I guess because Logan has always been closer to Ororo than Scott was and they're actually friends, it doesn't bother me that much. And even in X3, while Logan may be the star of the film, Ororo took over as team leader so Logan's presence has never felt as threatening to Ororo unlike Scott because when he's there, it's like he can be the only acceptable leader since leaders are only white and male for comic fans.

I'm used to the X-Writers ignoring her but I never realized how rabid and vengeful the fans can be towards anyone who doesn't comply with their status quo entirely. I used to think the X-Men fandom would be the most inclusive for obvious reasons but they're really the most disrespectful. I really hope this status quo changes with Feige and he gives her the starring role as leader of the X-Men which she rightfully deserves. We've had the boy scout leader with Captain America so we don't need a repeat with Cyclops. Does anyone know what Feige's thoughts about the character are?

If in the next three or four years Marvel decides to start the casting for the MCU X-Men

What young actress would you like to play a young Storm? (If The X-Men are potrayed as teenagers like the FOX one)

and for an adult Storm? if you have to choose an important or well know actress to play her who would be?

it's interesting how the MCU chose important names for the Eternals movie like Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek and the guys from GOT, i can see them following this to attract more audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If in the next three or four years Marvel decides to start the casting for the MCU X-Men

What young actress would you like to play a young Storm? (If The X-Men are potrayed as teenagers like the FOX one)

and for an adult Storm? if you have to choose an important or well know actress to play her who would be?

it's interesting how the MCU chose important names for the Eternals movie like Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek and the guys from GOT, i can see them following this to attract more audience.
    I prefer a little known or completely new actor in the role. I don't think MArvel should go into casting Storm thinking the actor needs to be big they need to go into it thinking no actress is bigger than the character of Storm. Storm is so iconic and has so much potential imo it would be a disservice to cast her with a name actress. Storm is the kind of character that can create a career not the kind of character that needs a big name to make her matter.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    100% agree yogaflame but i think we are expecting too much correct me if i'm wrong but Marvel Studio didn't even expect T'Challa to have an accent it was Chadwick who pushed for that
    As I recall with T'Challa, they were going to do a British accent, which, according to the older canon, T'Challa did go to Oxford and it is often the case that foreign people learn English in the British style. They opted for the South African Xhosa language standing in for Wakandan because the guy they cast as T'Chaka was South African and spoke it fluently, so he ended up shifting the whole paradigm for the MCU's Wakanda[so they speak English with a South African/Xhosa accent]. Which is why I want a real Swahili speaker cast in the role of Ororo. It could happen....
    Last edited by yogaflame; 06-19-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!