Page 268 of 613 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

Save her from what? I hope Hickman is not rehashing this crap again

Her infection. Im sure the issue will go into more detail what exactly has Storm in peril beyond the tidbit we got in Emma and Jean's issue

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her infection. Im sure the issue will go into more detail what exactly has Storm in peril beyond the tidbit we got in Emma and Jean's issue
    I hoping for another galactic core like feat where instead of nearly killing herself she transforms into a pure elemental being to rid herself of the virus:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

I guess i need to catch up and see what exactly is going on with Storm

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hoping for another galactic core like feat where instead of nearly killing herself she transforms into a pure elemental being to rid herself of the virus:

If Hickman did that I would put him right behind Claremont as my favorite X-Writer.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I guess i need to catch up and see what exactly is going on with Storm
    I can give you a quick summary. Ororo was zapped by a beam that infected her with a virus. And she has like a week I believe to live as revealed when Jean and Emma entered her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If Hickman did that I would put him right behind Claremont as my favorite X-Writer.
    well I love Claremont he gets the top spot just for all he did for storm. coates is my second but if Hickman did that he would definitely be my third favorite storm writer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

I can give you a quick summary. Ororo was zapped by a beam that infected her with a virus. And she has like a week I believe to live as revealed when Jean and Emma entered her mind.
    thanks for the summary kyss you've saved me a lot of energy just to be ready for a one shot. Thanks for the bottom of my heartless heart.

thanks for the summary kyss you've saved me a lot of energy just to be ready for a one shot. Thanks for the bottom of my heartless heart.
    of course anytime!!!!
    :* :*

Recap, Why are these two mind rapist back in her head again?
    I don't know about Jean but I have never forgotten or forgiven when that fake blonde violated Storm's mind and body by swapping bodies and then polluting it by smoking and sleeping with Sebastian Shaw like it was some kinky sex game and not rape of Ororo's body. Absolutely disgusting. And I'm furious at Wolverine as well since he wouldn't let Ororo rightfully kill her for that when she was fully justified.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't know about Jean but I have never forgotten or forgiven when that fake blonde violated Storm's mind and body by swapping bodies and then polluting it by smoking and sleeping with Sebastian Shaw like it was some kinky sex game and not rape of Ororo's body. Absolutely disgusting. And I'm furious at Wolverine as well since he wouldn't let Ororo rightfully kill her for that when she was fully justified.
    you are talking to my spirit right now. and I'm also not the one to forget or forgive jean for having desires of seeing her friend as a slave. I need that conversation to happen:

you are talking to my spirit right now. and I'm also not the one to forget or forgive jean for having desires of seeing her friend as a slave. I need that conversation to happen:

I saw you posted a thread about this sometime back and I have to admit that it is problematic. Even if Jean is brainwashed and not in her right mind, it is something I would like to see addressed between the two rather than glossed over like it never happened. Otherwise it's a major inequality in the balance of power between the two's friendship.

I saw you posted a thread about this sometime back and I have to admit that it is problematic. Even if Jean is brainwashed and not in her right mind, it is something I would like to see addressed between the two rather than glossed over like it never happened. Otherwise it's a major inequality in the balance of power between the two's friendship.
    well there is context I should provide. this is technically not Jean here but Phoenix who has been corrupted. jean was retconned to healing in cocoon. however, phoenix copied all the thoughts, memories, etc of jean and mastermind denoted that he was simply bringing the desires of Jean to the forefront. so considering this it doesnt absolve her as these desires still were hers. I would love for Ororo to sit down and address this. it was something swept under the rug but just as professor x love for Jean was addressed I think this should be as well.

well there is context I should provide. this is technically not Jean here but Phoenix who has been corrupted. jean was retconned to healing in cocoon. however, phoenix copied all the thoughts, memories, etc of jean and mastermind denoted that he was simply bringing the desires of Jean to the forefront. so considering this it doesnt absolve her as these desires still were hers. I would love for Ororo to sit down and address this. it was something swept under the rug but just as professor x love for Jean was addressed I think this should be as well.
    Yes, that part you listed is also true. Especially since they addressed Xavier loving Jean so this can be addressed as well.

One thing I think could be a good fix is the fact that Emma Frost is the one who created the mindtap device Mastermind used on Phoenix to make her think she was another woman set in the past. It could be that this fantasy of being a slaveholder was created by Emma Frost herself especially since if you look at the start of the Dark Phoenix Saga, when Storm, Colossus, and Wolverine are kidnapped, it seems like Emma singles out Storm. She goes out of her way to taunt Storm and torture her psychically and even takes her away from the others to torture her some more. She says she will leave her an empty husk when she is done with her by stripping her of her mind and identity. It felt very much like the mentality of a slave master towards what they deem their "property" imo so maybe what Phoenix was experiencing there was Emma Frost's own desires and preferences imposed on her. Frost comes across like she would be a racist and own slaves and Phoenix was supposed to be the Black Queen so she would have been cut from the same cloth as the White Queen in her brainwashing.

Yes, that part you listed is also true. Especially since they addressed Xavier loving Jean so this can be addressed as well.

One thing I think could be a good fix is the fact that Emma Frost is the one who created the mindtap device Mastermind used on Phoenix to make her think she was another woman set in the past. It could be that this fantasy of being a slaveholder was created by Emma Frost herself especially since if you look at the start of the Dark Phoenix Saga, when Storm, Colossus, and Wolverine are kidnapped, it seems like Emma singles out Storm. She goes out of her way to taunt Storm and torture her psychically and even takes her away from the others to torture her some more. She says she will leave her an empty husk when she is done with her by stripping her of her mind and identity. It felt very much like the mentality of a slave master towards what they deem their "property" imo so maybe what Phoenix was experiencing there was Emma Frost's own desires and preferences imposed on her. Frost comes across like she would be a racist and own slaves and Phoenix was supposed to be the Black Queen so she would have been cut from the same cloth as the White Queen in her brainwashing.
    I hate how the current writers have made Storm have a generic dislike for Emma without addressing any of this. They could have had a real dialogue about intersectionality and how even though they're all mutants, some of them have additional biases. But of course, white men running the show so they probably didn't even think of this.

well I think it should be remembered that the hellfire club canonically is a racist organization so i wouldnt be surprised if emma also harbors racists ideas. angel was surprised to see a black person at the club in the ny hellfire club:

now to be fair I'm not sure if this is angel's own issue or the club itself but both are problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I hate how the current writers have made Storm have a generic dislike for Emma without addressing any of this. They could have had a real dialogue about intersectionality and how even though they're all mutants, some of them have additional biases. But of course, white men running the show so they probably didn't even think of this.
    We saw it addressed I believed in this issue but I generally think ororo was still chilly towards emma:

even after working together when emma and Scott were running the school ororo still said this during avx:

then of course we had the times emma lied to ororo both in ivx and when she took control of the hellfire club.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2020 at 03:47 PM.