Page 269 of 613 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well there is context I should provide. this is technically not Jean here but Phoenix who has been corrupted. jean was retconned to healing in cocoon. however, phoenix copied all the thoughts, memories, etc of jean and mastermind denoted that he was simply bringing the desires of Jean to the forefront. so considering this it doesnt absolve her as these desires still were hers. I would love for Ororo to sit down and address this. it was something swept under the rug but just as professor x love for Jean was addressed I think this should be as well.
    Jean doesnt have anything to apologize for. Storm was mature enough to understand that this was not reality

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I hate how the current writers have made Storm have a generic dislike for Emma without addressing any of this. They could have had a real dialogue about intersectionality and how even though they're all mutants, some of them have additional biases. But of course, white men running the show so they probably didn't even think of this.
    Its not generic. Storm has good reason to dislike and distrust Emma. Everytime she lets her guard down around Emma, Emma ends up backstabbing or disappointing her. She's given Emma ALOT of chances but Emma has no problem using and playing her
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2020 at 04:01 PM.

well I think it should be remembered that the hellfire club canonically is a racist organization so i wouldnt be surprised if emma also harbors racists ideas. angel was surprised to see a black person at the club in the ny hellfire club:
    I forgot about that. Traditionally the Hellfire Club hasn't been very inclusive towards racial minorities, Sunspot's father being a notable exception. The same went for the old guard of the Hellfire Club, who Shaw and Frost killed for hating mutants. It's not that far a leap that they would be racist as well and characters like Donald Pierce and Emma Frost have always reeked of privilege and old world ideals (which is ironic since Frost herself is a Bostonian woman who puts on a faux British accent and even dyed her brown hair blonde to appear more like an Aryan ideal).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean doesnt have anything to apologize for. Storm was mature enough to understand that this was not reality

Its not generic. Storm has good reason to dislike and distrust Emma. Everytime she lets her guard down around Emma, Emma ends up backstabbing or disappointing her. She's given Emma ALOT of chances but Emma has no problem using and playing her
    that's were we disagree. If a person of color went into their friends mind and it was revealed they harbored some racists thoughts I would hope they would want to get clarity on where these thoughts originated. as it was canonically stated these were Jean's desires. the mature thing would be to address it as opposed to trying to sweep it under the rug.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I forgot about that. Traditionally the Hellfire Club hasn't been very inclusive towards racial minorities, Sunspot's father being a notable exception. The same went for the old guard of the Hellfire Club, who Shaw and Frost killed for hating mutants. It's not that far a leap that they would be racist as well and characters like Donald Pierce and Emma Frost have always reeked of privilege and old world ideals (which is ironic since Frost herself is a Bostonian woman who puts on a faux British accent and even dyed her brown hair blonde to appear more like an Aryan ideal).

yea I dont really know the history of the group but when I came across that scan I wasnt shocked. but i would agree seeing the group is tied to old british society i wouldnt be surprised of them being racist at all. this is evident by Angel's shock that a black man was at the us club.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W)
    RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)
    Variant Cover by JEN BARTEL –
    Order using APR200901
    TIMELESS STORM VARIANT
    COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    HICKMAN & DAUTERMAN TAKE FLIGHT AGAIN!
    In GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST, Hickman and Dauterman took Jean and Emma into Storm’s mind to learn what had happened to her. Now they take the X-Men’s resident goddess to the far end of the world to save herself!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99
    Order using APR200900
    I hope this issue delivers and I hope Storm gets some well needed focus and spotlight from now on.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope this issue delivers and I hope Storm gets some well needed focus and spotlight from now on.
    me too beloved. its been long overdue.

I don't trust Hickman very much with her. He's talked about his favorites in the past and they never feature Ororo (they do feature a very racist fake blonde though) and that's especially evident from how much he's sidelined her. It used to kill me when all these House of X promos were coming out and despite being the X-Men's second most famous leader (really should be the first), she was ignored entirely. Even though Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, and even the fake blonde would be represented.

It's an utter insult when they chose to include the fake blonde over Storm in this cover as one of the four core X-Men. Then to add insult to injury, Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are there so basically all the X-Men's leadership EXCEPT for Storm. Why has she been sidelined? Does Hickman even have an answer?

that's were we disagree. If a person of color went into their friends mind and it was revealed they harbored some racists thoughts I would hope they would want to get clarity on where these thoughts originated. as it was canonically stated these were Jean's desires. the mature thing would be to address it as opposed to trying to sweep it under the rug.
    She was roleplaying. Its hard to take that seriously when she had her mind and perception altered and she was put in a position to act the part that was intended of her. She called for Mastermind to kill Scott and we know she didnt have some hidden desire to be married to Mastermind and for Scott to die

I don't trust Hickman very much with her. He's talked about his favorites in the past and they never feature Ororo (they do feature a very racist fake blonde though) and that's especially evident from how much he's sidelined her. It used to kill me when all these House of X promos were coming out and despite being the X-Men's second most famous leader (really should be the first), she was ignored entirely. Even though Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, and even the fake blonde would be represented.

It's an utter insult when they chose to include the fake blonde over Storm in this cover as one of the four core X-Men. Then to add insult to injury, Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are there so basically all the X-Men's leadership EXCEPT for Storm. Why has she been sidelined? Does Hickman even have an answer?
    You are reading way too much into that. Jean, Wolverine, Emma and Scott had nothing to do with that issue and we dont know that Hickman had anything to do with the cover. Writers typically dont dictate that and this is likely 99% a Larraz thing. Quite frankly, I dont know why those 4 were even on there. It seemed random and not bc they were supposed to represent the 4 core X-men
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2020 at 05:50 PM.

You are reading way too much into that. Jean, Wolverine, Emma and Scott had nothing to do with that issue and we dont know that Hickman had anything to do with the cover. Writers typically dont dictate that and this is likely 99% a Larraz thing. Quite frankly, I dont know why those 4 were even on there. It seemed random and not bc they were supposed to represent the 4 core X-men
    Oh please, this is the insidious way they go about to make the general public stop caring about a certain character by erasing their importance. It's what has slowly been done to Storm for over two decades and look how well it worked when she is no longer Marvel's leading heroine and even Black Panther is more important and recognizable compared to her. They did the same with Jean during all those years she was dead when they would literally replace her with Frost on covers and images. Jean came back so they couldn't ignore her anymore which I was happy about but it wasn't much of an improvement when they decided that a racist fake blonde still needs her piece at the table (and I blame Hickman for this because he's made it very clear for the past decade that he loves her) so Storm had to get the boot. This is whitewashing at its most dangerous and bloodcurdling because fans like you don't even realize it and discount it.

Oh please, this is the insidious way they go about to make the general public stop caring about a certain character by erasing their importance. It's what has slowly been done to Storm for over two decades and look how well it worked when she is no longer Marvel's leading heroine and even Black Panther is more important and recognizable compared to her. They did the same with Jean during all those years she was dead when they would literally replace her with Frost on covers and images. Jean came back so they couldn't ignore her anymore which I was happy about but it wasn't much of an improvement when they decided that a racist fake blonde still needs her piece at the table (and I blame Hickman for this because he's made it very clear for the past decade that he loves her) so Storm had to get the boot. This is whitewashing at its most dangerous and bloodcurdling because fans like you don't even realize it and discount it.
    Its a cover that meant nothing to elevate or develop any character on there other than Moira. The general public didnt stop caring about Storm bc she wasnt on here. She was featured prominently and looking fierce on the final issue's cover anyway

Its a cover that meant nothing to elevate or develop any character on there other than Moira. The general public didnt stop caring about Storm bc she wasnt on here. She was featured prominently and looking fierce on the final issue's cover anyway
    But you ignore the fact that it's a dangerous pattern when Storm has been erased for years now. An entire decade transpired where if you looked at X-Men comic covers alone, you'd only see a certain fake blonde as the leading lady and no Storm or Jean or anyone else. Jean at least was dead but what excuse is there for Storm? This has been occurring for years now with Storm being shifted out of the status quo as one of the X-Men's core members and this cover is proof of that since she wasn't included amongst the X-Men's core leadership.

Can you see Claremont or Coates or any writer who has given Storm her due allowing her to be replaced by the likes of white trash as easily as Hickman has? That's just one cover but you can look at various covers and promos for his run and Storm is almost always sidelined, even if it wasn't always thanks to the fake blonde. That alone told me all I needed to know that she wasn't being given the respect she deserved if Marvel is too embarrassed or not interested enough to even put her on a cover anymore like they want to pretend that a black woman can never be a leader.

But you ignore the fact that it's a dangerous pattern when Storm has been erased for years now. An entire decade transpired where if you looked at X-Men comic covers alone, you'd only see a certain fake blonde as the leading lady and no Storm or Jean or anyone else. Jean at least was dead but what excuse is there for Storm? This has been occurring for years now with Storm being shifted out of the status quo as one of the X-Men's core members and this cover is proof of that since she wasn't included amongst the X-Men's core leadership.

Can you see Claremont or Coates or any writer who has given Storm her due allowing her to be replaced by the likes of white trash as easily as Hickman has? That's just one cover but you can look at various covers and promos for his run and Storm is almost always sidelined, even if it wasn't always thanks to the fake blonde. That alone told me all I needed to know that she wasn't being given the respect she deserved if Marvel is too embarrassed or not interested enough to even put her on a cover anymore like they want to pretend that a black woman can never be a leader.
    Okay but we are discussing Hickman and his era and Storm has been featured prominently on alot of covers. She could be utilized more for sure but Hickman isnt holding her back or doing wrong by her.

You seem to have it in for Emma but she herself has not been a power player in the X-world for a few years now. She lost her footing with AvX like 8 years ago and has been pushed aside with several bouts in limbo. She isnt the reason for Storm's lack of prominence in the X-world during this time

Okay but we are discussing Hickman and his era and Storm has been featured prominently on alot of covers. She could be utilized more for sure but Hickman isnt holding her back or doing wrong by her
    I don't feel she has been on nearly enough especially when I see Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine consistently on covers but Storm is the missing component here. And covers aside, the interior of the pages themselves have shown a lack of respect for the character and her importance to the lore. Hickman has a clear pet favorite because he brought her back from the brink of obscurity much to the detriment of every other X-Woman. Jean has been sidelined to Cyclops' stay-at-home wife and Storm is only being used as the token diverse character. Which to be fair, isn't much different from how she's been treated by various other writers over the years. If you don't see anything different in her usage, that's entirely the problem because Storm has been taken for granted for too long and Hickman is continuing that pattern.

Someone also pointed out that he is problematic because on social media, he never tweeted once about Black Lives Matter. What he instead found the opportunity to do was ask fans who the Karen of the X-Men was. Apparently his pet favorite blonde was winning even though he hoped Jean would, so he altered the poll because he didn't like the results. Very clear what his priorities are.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 06-19-2020 at 06:09 PM.

I don't feel she has been on nearly enough especially when I see Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine consistently on covers but Storm is the missing component here. And covers aside, the interior of the pages themselves have shown a lack of respect for the character and her importance to the lore. Hickman has a clear pet favorite because he brought her back from the brink of obscurity much to the detriment of every other X-Woman. Jean has been sidelined to Cyclops' stay-at-home wife and Storm is only being used as the token diverse character. Which to be fair, isn't much different from how she's been treated by various other writers over the years. If you don't see anything different in her usage, that's entirely the problem because Storm has been taken for granted for too long and Hickman is continuing that pattern.

Someone also pointed out that he is problematic because on social media, he never tweeted once about Black Lives Matter. What he instead found the opportunity to do was ask fans who the Karen of the X-Men was. Apparently his pet favorite blonde was winning even though he hoped Jean would, so he altered the poll because he didn't like the results. Very clear what his priorities are.

In fact she's been on the bulk of the Maraurders covers and she is used in promotional material

More DOX Storm covers