Page 270 of 613 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

In fact she's been on the bulk of the Maraurders covers and she is used in promotional material
    As usual you fail to read exactly what I've said. I don't mean individual covers but team shots particularly featuring the core X-Men and mutant leaders. Storm is conspicuously absent from them all. Not talking about solo covers or a team book where she's one of a handful of characters in the cast. I will admit that at least she's been prominently positioned in X of Swords not that this guarantees a big role.

There is also the fact that Giant Size X-Men 1 is supposed to be all about her so why is she missing from the cover?

She may be included on this cover but notice how far back she is to the point that she's barely visible. Hardly what I call representation. And what was her role in the actual story? Absolutely nothing so the cover is even false marketing, trying to sell people on the idea that Storm is in the book with a role.

More examples. No reason to exclude Storm from an issue that is all about her mind. And why does the second cover feature Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, etc. but no Storm? Even white and blonde Husk is included over her.

What excuse is there for not including Storm in that first cover which has pretty much all the major X-Men and villains (emphasis on villains)? The last one includes her but she's thrown on like an afterthought and so is Jean for that matter. Look who is front and center and posing though.

Storm was included in one Children of the Atom cover so why not here?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    More examples. No reason to exclude Storm from an issue that is all about her mind. And why does the second cover feature Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, etc. but no Storm? Even white and blonde Husk is included over her.

Storm is on that cover and it was an intersting way to incorporate her given the nature of what was on the inside. She was on the variant more prominently anyway

Storm is on that cover and it was an intersting way to incorporate her given the nature of what was on the inside. She was on the variant more prominently anyway

I'm glad you brought that up. She's on the variant cover...the cover that won't be seen by most comic buyers and isn't prominently displayed because the regular cover is getting all the promotion instead. The same variant cover which is only prominently handled by hardcore collectors and second-hand sellers. Average consumers will only see or own the regular cover which did not feature Storm. This is like a cover of The Dark Phoenix Saga not featuring Jean but that's all right because one of the variant covers happen to feature her.

Hickman's use of Storm in his X-run has been very underwhelming so far, but that is also consistent with his use of her in his FF and Avengers stuff. He just doesn't get her, or seem interested in her at all. We'll see what he does with Giant Sized. It may be that he realized he was slacking on her and if he actually focuses on her, he might do something fantastic, but it remains to be seen...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up. She's on the variant cover...the cover that won't be seen by most comic buyers and isn't prominently displayed because the regular cover is getting all the promotion instead. The same variant cover which is only prominently handled by hardcore collectors and second-hand sellers. Average consumers will only see or own the regular cover which did not feature Storm. This is like a cover of The Dark Phoenix Saga not featuring Jean but that's all right because one of the variant covers happen to feature her.
    You do realize you just posted a bunch of variants to try and prove your point? Now its okay to discredit the variants bc it goes against what you say?

You do realize you just posted a bunch of variants to try and prove your point? Now its okay to discredit the variants bc it goes against what you say?
    House of X 1 is a different story because there was a mass promotion for that and they were using all those covers to sell the brand. And not all of those covers were variants clearly but you didn't address those. It's a bitter pill to swallow but the truth is that Storm is being sidelined. And some of those covers are the TPB covers so new generations of fans over the years will go by those rather than the single issue covers and there won't be any Storm on them.

You keep moving the goal post. Sigh...

Anyway while doing my search for images, I found this rendition I had not seen before. Its fierce!

Im so glad this costume gets as much love as it does and has become her new default
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2020 at 07:10 PM.

You keep moving the goal post. Sigh...

Anyway while doing my search for images, I found this rendition I had not seen before. Its fierce!

Im so glad this comics gets as much love as it does and has become her new default
    I'm tired of clashing over this with you especially because it hasn't exactly been a secret around here for the past few years that Storm has been incredibly undervalued and underutilized. There's no reason to get so defensive about that unless for some reason you prefer her to be treated that way, which I don't believe to be the case.

Anyway, I do like that cover. But I would sacrifice her costume in a heartbeat for an expanded and leading role rather than the wallpaper she feels like as the token minority. And under Hickman's pen, it seems he doesn't even feel like he needs a token minority for every issue, just every few issues because a basic (fake) blonde can do just fine.

I mean if storm's not in an issue why should she be on the cover ? it would've been cool if she'd been on more HoX promo, I'll agree there. but tbf they focused more on characters that were on the mission into space .. Like Husk and Nightcrawler haven't really been on anything else lol

But what can we do, Dauterman's been drawing her gorgeously on the marauders covers, giant-size issue's coming soon, she's been on other covers to boot...covers covers covers. idk I dont feel especially starved in that dept and idk what putting her on more covers would accomplish anyways, it doesn't affect the contents of the story . more like the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I mean if storm's not in an issue why should she be on the cover ? it would've been cool if she'd been on more HoX promo, I'll agree there. but tbf they focused more on characters that were on the mission into space .. Like Husk and Nightcrawler haven't really been on anything else lol

But what can we do, Dauterman's been drawing her gorgeously on the marauders covers, giant-size issue's coming soon, she's been on other covers to boot...covers covers covers. idk I dont feel especially starved in that dept and idk what putting her on more covers would accomplish anyways, it doesn't affect the contents of the story . more like the other way around
    yeah Husk being on a few covers alongside the big guns, definitely does not mean she's a considered one of the core X-men

I love that Dautermann is a Storm fan and has blessed us with so many covers of her. We truly have been spoiled

The only time I will ever feel spoiled as a Storm fan is when she's got the leading role in the MCU and the entire world recognizes her by face and name again as one of the most popular superheroes.

And the fact that Storm wasn't on a cover with Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Jean, and Cyclops but Husk was is incredibly problematic just by itself. Apparently a token blonde is more important than even a token minority now.