Page 274 of 535 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 8015
  1. #4096
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    here's some more storm appreciation:

    here are some of my favorite feats:






    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-23-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #4097
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    and here are some more of my favorite moments which just so happen to include jean:





    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-23-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #4098
    Spectacular Member orionblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    here's some more storm appreciation:

    here are some of my favorite feats:







    The Arkon storyline with Perez on art (iirc) - love this storyline with Ororo - thanks for posting it!

  4. #4099
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    All those Storm solo moments, and Storm & Jean moments are great indeed.
    Anyway, thanks for you love and passion for Storm. I sincerely think it's great to have a passion for a character.

    I will just say, if that maters, than I will always love Ororo's arc with the Morlock. Being an X-woman, a Goddess and a Queen is indeed great.

  5. #4100
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    The Arkon storyline with Perez on art (iirc) - love this storyline with Ororo - thanks for posting it!
    you're very welcome beloved it was indeed a great storyline. I miss Claremont from this era.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #4101
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea my boo loved him some Logan and storm. I couldnt stand the pairing but hey we all have our opinions lol

    yea logan and ororo had a lot of flirtatious moments prior to their relationship by aaron. my biggest problem with the Logan pairing is that he has repeatedly shown that ororo is only a consideration when women he truly love are not in the picture. I think she deserves the best in all aspects including the love life.

    as far as yukio, chile dont get me started there. there are some who see her as storms true love but I disagree here as well.
    I'm enjoying it and I think it works pretty well so keep on going!

    And btw, as you've probably figured out, I'm one of the biggest Jeans fans there is and I don't think you've said anything wrong or unjustified about her.

    And yes, my main issue with Logan/Ororo is because other love interests like Jean, Mariko, or even Rose are elevated in his life and I've never seen Ororo treated that way. Even a two-bit character like Silver Fox has gotten more attention with him than Ororo. If a proper writer would elevate her status in his life and treat her like the queen she is, then I would be more for it.

    I don't see them as true loves but I'm okay with them being paired together. T'Challa was just a footnote in Ororo's life with that one Claremont issue until they were suddenly married so if a proper writer gave Ororo and Yukio the time to develop as a couple, it would feel more legitimate.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-23-2020 at 07:12 PM.

  7. #4102
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I will always have a soft spot for Paul Smith's Ororo. Maybe because at the time, he was one of the very artist to draw her with real ethnic features. At last, Storm was beautiful, and actually didn't look like an european model with black skin.

    tumblr_62cf811dc3d281ea79772bab42d8a114_0d1ffefc_500.jpg

    And the moment, she caught that knife, battled Callisto, , stabbed her, and went away, walking was such an iconic moment...

  8. #4103
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm enjoying it and I think it works pretty well so keep on going!

    And btw, as you've probably figured out, I'm one of the biggest Jeans fans there is and I don't think you've said anything wrong or unjustified about her.

    And yes, my main issue with Logan/Ororo is because other love interests like Jean, Mariko, or even Rose are elevated in his life and I've never seen Ororo treated that way. Even a two-bit character like Silver Fox has gotten more attention with him than Ororo. If a proper writer would elevate her status in his life and treat her like the queen she is, then I would be more for it.

    I don't see them as true loves but I'm okay with them being paired together. T'Challa was just a footnote in Ororo's life with that one Claremont issue until they were suddenly married so if a proper writer gave Ororo and Yukio the time to develop as a couple, it would feel more legitimate.
    lololol its giving me reasons to share some of my favorite moments of my girl so I dont mind.

    I know you love Jean and I love the fact you are able to acknowledge this. I really heart you boo!! Nevertheless, I stay within this thread mainly for a reason because I love storm and appreciate her. Sometimes that appreciation bares stating unfavorable facts about other characters. I dont have problem with anyone loving their faves but let's not act as if what I'm saying isnt canon.

    ooh you bring up a great point:



    this was one of the many reasons I cant get on board with him and her being a thing. I love the more as friends

    yea I think there are a few yukio/ororo shippers here so you are in good company. I'm not sure you can tell from.my posts but I'm a tchalla/proto shipper for life. lol
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-23-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #4104
    Amazing Member otipep_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    As an X-Men fan and a Jean Grey fan, it has always been important to me to see such as strong friendship between Storm and Jean. This is something that at the time was ground breaking and broke down certain perceptions that young readers may have had in 1970s USA. Jean also was roommates with Misty Night during that same time period and was a progressive young white woman.

    I agree that it has been a missed opportunity by writers and editors alike to not have Jean and Storm discussed the horrific Mind Rape and physical Rape Jean suffered at the hands of Mastermind, being that they are like sisters, but then again Jean had committed suicide and remained dead for years in the aftermath of the Dark Phoenix Saga. I like to imagine that Storm would have forgiven Jean, considering Jean was systematically coerced and seduced by Mastermind for over a year in Marvel time before she finally succumbed to his manipulations, and despite this they have rein friends over the years through all of JeanĀ’s death. It is unfortunate that Jean has been dead so often and so long that certain plot points have been overlooked by editorial.

    Even with the retcons that infers the Jean that was Phoenix was not the really Jean (who was at the bottom of Jamaica Bay) I donĀ’t see why especially at this time with BLM that any fan would label Jean as a racist when she has been clearly always an ally. These are not real people, they are fictional characters, but petty and divisive acts within fandom by real people only divide us more.

    There is a enough racism and sexism in comics, even if not overtly intended, that we should be beyond this. Sorry to crash your Thread.

    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2020 at 05:47 AM.

  10. #4105
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and here are some more of my favorite moments which just so happen to include jean:


    You know seeing the wonderful aipt this week and then this moment i thought it's kind of interesting Storm's most close friends are telepaths. I wonder if they find it easier to be around her because they actually have to try to read her mind. It must be so liberating for them to have a friend they actually have to wonder about.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #4106
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and here are some more of my favorite moments which just so happen to include jean:

    I loved this TK power stunt that Jean subtly pulled with Ororo's hair from halfway around the world.

  12. #4107
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    As an X-Men fan and a Jean Grey fan, it has always been important to me to see such as strong friendship between Storm and Jean. This is something that at the time was ground breaking and broke down certain perceptions that young readers may have had in 1970s USA. Jean also was roommates with Misty Night during that same time period and was a progressive young white woman.

    I agree that it has been a missed opportunity by writers and editors alike to not have Jean and Storm discussed the horrific Mind Rape and physical Rape Jean suffered at the hands of Mastermind, being that they are like sisters, but then again Jean had committed suicide and remained dead for years in the aftermath of the Dark Phoenix Saga. I like to imagine that Storm would have forgiven Jean, considering Jean was systematically coerced and seduced by Mastermind for over a year in Marvel time before she finally succumbed to his manipulations, and despite this they have rein friends over the years through all of JeanĀ’s death. It is unfortunate that Jean has been dead so often and so long that certain plot points have been overlooked by editorial.

    Even with the retcons that infers the Jean that was Phoenix was not the really Jean (who was at the bottom of Jamaica Bay) I donĀ’t see why especially at this time with BLM that any fan would label Jean as a racist when she has been clearly always an ally. These are not real people, they are fictional characters, but petty and divisive acts within fandom by real people only divide us more.

    There is a enough racism and sexism in comics, even if not overtly intended, that we should be beyond this. Sorry to crash your Thread.

    I've been posting online about x-men off and on since I was 19 years old. I'm 38 now. The one constant I wish we could change is the needless fandom factions fighting each other especially to those die hard fans of popular X-women. When I first began posting on x-men message boards it was Psylocke fans vs Jean fans, Maddie fans vs Jean fans, Storm fans vs Jean fans (and vice versa for each), endless debates about who was more powerful or more important, or fans simply wanting their fav to be featured more than the other female character. It is reductive and absurd. It was almost like you couldn't be a die hard fan of more than one main X-woman. Of course in the early 2000s began the Emma vs Jean (and vice versa).

    In the X-men stories, there isn't much drama between X-women (save some with Jean and Emma). Storm and Jean are portrayed as close friends and have a sister like relationship. There is no need to compare them in terms of power because they have different power sets. Both are important to the mythos but in different ways. Storm is an awesomely powerful omega weather manipulator. She's a regal goddess but also a badass street fighter. She is an X-men leader. Storm takes nothing away from Jean and Jean takes nothing away from Storm. I've said this before to some Emma fans who were ticked that Jean is often portrayed as more powerful in terms of telepathy, but Emma is still a badass telepath. Jean being more powerful does not diminish Emma in any significant way. At least with these two I can understand the competitiveness to an extent since both are telepaths.

    Again, I agree the Dark Phoenix stuff is problematic and would not fly today. Claremont made a poor choice to convey Jean's corruption. I doubt if they will ever go back to the story and reconcile it in any meaningful way (would prob explain it as others have that it was showing the full effect of Mastermind's manipulation and that Jean/Phoenix had become the character Mastermind was creating for her in his illusion).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2020 at 05:48 AM.

  13. #4108
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Again, I agree the Dark Phoenix stuff is problematic and would not fly today. Claremont made a poor choice to convey Jean's corruption. I doubt if they will ever go back to the story and reconcile it in any meaningful way (would prob explain it as others have that it was showing the full effect of Mastermind's manipulation and that Jean/Phoenix had become the character Mastermind was creating for her in his illusion).
    It would be interesting to have Chris Claremont opinion about that. Did he really intended to write Jean as a closeted racist, or if it was all Mastermind.
    As I said, saying that Ororo and Jean are fakes friends because of the DPS is... reductive. A fake friend wouldn't sacrifice his/her life for the other.

  14. #4109
    Incredible Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It would be interesting to have Chris Claremont opinion about that. Did he really intended to write Jean as a closeted racist, or if it was all Mastermind.
    As I said, saying that Ororo and Jean are fakes friends because of the DPS is... reductive. A fake friend wouldn't sacrifice his/her life for the other.
    At this point I don’t think this storyline is ever going to be addressed, but for all it’s worth Jean can care about Ororo and still have implicit bias towards her. I don’t think that anyone is arguing that Jean is a raging racist but that doesn’t mean that she can’t have preconceived notions about black people (that wouldn’t have been helped by the fact that Charle’s first group of X-Men were all pretty white people).

  15. #4110
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    At this point I don’t think this storyline is ever going to be addressed, but for all it’s worth Jean can care about Ororo and still have implicit bias towards her. I don’t think that anyone is arguing that Jean is a raging racist but that doesn’t mean that she can’t have preconceived notions about black people (that wouldn’t have been helped by the fact that Charle’s first group of X-Men were all pretty white people).
    Interesting. You know, I am trying to understand the context of the story, and the history context of the time it was written.
    Mastermind displaced Jean's mind in a time where black people were only treated and perceived as slaves. Is that time in history was ugly? Of course, there is absolutely no doubt about it.
    Now, If Mastermind displaced Jean's mind in Wakanda, would she have seen Ororo as a slave?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •