Page 277 of 613 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 9190

It's been a while since I've been in this thread...

Anyway, I have question that may or may not be controversial.

What are Storm's personality flaws? Like things does she need to work on as a person? I can't really think of any she has and flaws are important for interesting and human characters. It's what draws people to the Spider-man's and Batman's, their flaws are some of the most interesting aspects of them. I'm wondering if that's one of the things preventing Storm from reaching her potential as a character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

What are Storm's personality flaws? Like things does she need to work on as a person? I can't really think of any she has and flaws are important for interesting and human characters. It's what draws people to the Spider-man's and Batman's, their flaws are some of the most interesting aspects of them. I'm wondering if that's one of the things preventing Storm from reaching her potential as a character.
    She can't stay away from toxic people. Lol.

Spectacular Member

Yo, thats a good question. Other than the claustrophobic thing I don't know any other flaw she has for real except maybe her powers being more offense and no defense but that's more of a power thing.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

An excellent question.
    I’ve not read the comics for decades, I only started again last autumn, so I’m not sure how it’s been handled in canon.

As a fic writer, I haven’t used her much yet, but I think she appears, to those who don’t know her, as aloof, reserved, snobbish even. I don’t think her close friends would consider her any of these, but I think her poise, her reserve, her nobility, gives her that air. Her fellow 70s wave of X-Men are going to see see her entirely differently to the kids and teens, they’re known her long enough to know the passions beneath the cool facade.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A character trait that she may not admit to is "being too hard on/expecting too much of herself" (As we saw in the aftermath of the Mutant Massacre)
    Also...an overly driven nature that can ultimately take a toll (As we saw in X-Men 01)
    As well as she can be a bit callous and too direct at times. (As she was towards Scott in Hellions 01)

These traits however are what make her a true leader and a good one at that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Welcome back boo.

Let me just say first my girl is perfect in every way but I will play devils advocate. Sometimes she can be too stiff and at times comes across as hypocritical. The idea that she would chastise someone about killing is laughable. Her fixation on all things mutants and the Xavier dream also before Coates I saw as a big problem. It didnt allow her to be her own person.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Very great question.

Base off her personality and her life. Such as losing her parents at such a young age I think Ororo is not use to the word "No". Not saying she's spoiled or just out right defiant. But more of, if she's sees a problem or situation she wouldn't let social norms dictate her moral compass.
    She won't Backdown.
    So I would say high Morals.
    Holds The World to her High Standards.
    Stubborn.

Incredible Member

I wish get some strength feats with her goddess mode. The Wakandian gods are supposed to have immeasurable strength

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I wish get some strength feats with her goddess mode. The Wakandian gods are supposed to have immeasurable strength
    the are the questions that need to be answered. I'm hoping we see this explored in the coates past few issues of BP as well as her giant sized issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    What do you mean they removed her magical heritage?

She basically unlocked her magical potential her in Black Panther. Instead of using white or dark magic which mostly common. She's uses magic gods use which is divine energy. While we see in her appearance in Magik mini series an older Storm is more than capable of wielding white magic. So Storm is capable of wielding different sources of magical energy at the moment we've only seen one.
    she came from a long line of magical priestesses so if they took that away then that's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Very great question.

Base off her personality and her life. Such as losing her parents at such a young age I think Ororo is not use to the word "No". Not saying she's spoiled or just out right defiant. But more of, if she's sees a problem or situation she wouldn't let social norms dictate her moral compass.
    She won't Backdown.
    So I would say high Morals.
    Holds The World to her High Standards.
    Stubborn.
    I feel like "stubborn" is a fitting personality flaw for Storm. I also feel like she can be arrogant and a little self-righteous/"holier than thou" at times.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Thanks for the answers!

I think Storm should have more stories that show her traits like her stubbornness negatively impacting her. Also how the pursuit for perfection takes it toll on her. Because as a black woman and a mutant she needs to be seen as perfect because people will try and tear her down for the slightest thing. I think that could be something interesting to add to the character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like "stubborn" is a fitting personality flaw for Storm. I also feel like she can be arrogant and a little self-righteous/"holier than thou" at times.
    GREAT QUESTION Crimz.

I think nj06 hit the nail on the head.

A personality flaw that Storm his that she is extremely arrogant and stubborn.

To the point your like uh Storm how can you tell so and so NOT to do XYZ when you just did it yesterday. -_- what sense does that make. So I’d say Stubbornness and Arrogance is Storms worse nightmare.

Thanks for the answers!

I think Storm should have more stories that show her traits like her stubbornness negatively impacting her. Also how the pursuit for perfection takes it toll on her. Because as a black woman and a mutant she needs to be seen as perfect because people will try and tear her down for the slightest thing. I think that could be something interesting to add to the character.
    Yes! Also, she would definitely suffer from some serious imposter syndrome.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the answers!

I disagree on the perfect thing, she doesn't need to be perfect black woman or not her character just needs more ground work and better characterization which isn't a guarantee considering how overflood the X continuity is.