Page 278 of 613 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Thanks for the answers!

I think Storm should have more stories that show her traits like her stubbornness negatively impacting her. Also how the pursuit for perfection takes it toll on her. Because as a black woman and a mutant she needs to be seen as perfect because people will try and tear her down for the slightest thing. I think that could be something interesting to add to the character.
    I thought the "Perfect" shtick was solely Monet's thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I disagree on the perfect thing, she doesn't need to be perfect black woman or not her character just needs more ground work and better characterization which isn't a guarantee considering how overflood the X continuity is.
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that for many black women they feel that they can't show any flaws or weakness (particularly in the workplace) otherwise it would be used to tear them down. If they need a break from it all they're called lazy, if they show even the slightest anger they're called aggressive and an "angry black woman". All I'm saying is that the pressures of being a black woman and a mutant might influence her in that way.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't get the sense that she tries to aim for perfection because she is black and mutant. I would imagine based upon her experiences she would believe she was invaluable because of her abilities and because of her aesthetic. She was worshipped as a goddess and shes been told her entire life that she is beautiful. Therefore, I dont think she would prescribe to what others especially bigoted people in america thought of her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't get the sense that she tries to aim for perfection because she is black and mutant. I would imagine based upon her experiences she would believe she was invaluable because of her abilities and because of her aesthetic. She was worshipped as a goddess and shes been told her entire life that she is beautiful. Therefore, I dont think she would prescribe to what others especially bigoted people in america thought of her.
    I just think it could be part of the reason why she's perceived as "snobby". Her time being praised as a Goddess contributes most to that of course. I just think that even Storm isn't completely immune to societies bullsh*t and the toll it takes. She's black, a woman, an immigrant (she was born in America but her being raised outside of it would make most perceive her as an immigrant), and to top it all off she's a mutant. All the crap she must put up with on the daily must be exhausting and take it's toll even on someone like Storm.
    I just think there is interesting story-potential there.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Stories revolving around the 'flaws' of characters sound...godawful.
    We already know...definitively through Claremont and the early writers...that mutants aren't infallible nor are they perfect. We really don't need a 2020 rehashing of those.
    I mean...to what end? Just to see the character rise above it and be better for it?
    That's been done. No need for wash-rinse-repeat cycle.
    We already know Storm can rise, and is a better hero, despite her failings...It's why we love her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Niffleheim

The exploration of character's flaws is only beneficial if the character, in this case Ororo, continuously has writers writing about her. Storm doesn't enjoy that luxury of having an abundance of writers who want to write about her so IF such exploration bombs it will just sit there and marinate for years because i get the distinct impression that there is nobody in the X-Office that wants to protect or promote the character.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-29-2020 at 10:58 AM.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/29/x-...-mahmud-asrar/

AIPT: Do you have an absolute favorite X-Men character to draw? And if so, what makes them so much fun to illustrate?

Mahmud: I really can’t pick between Jean Grey, Wolverine and Storm. They’ve been favorites ever since I started enjoying X-Men books. Storm is probably the most fun to draw among these.

She’s visually very striking with her white hair, and her powers allow for great visual possibilities. She flies, she can make it rain, she commands wind and she can call down lightning strikes. She’s also had various hairstyles and costumes which were mostly amazing. I proudly gave her a new costume design a little while ago too. So there’s that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Alright!! Mahmud Asrar is now the second Artist who claims to really enjoy drawing and liking Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Alright!! Mahmud Asrar is now the second Artist who claims to really enjoy drawing and liking Storm.
    what would be nice is to see this type of interest by xwriters too. Dauterman is the first right?

what would be nice is to see this type of interest by xwriters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    lol.

not to be cynical but I find it odd when artists enjoy drawing her but cant find one current xwriter interested in writing her beyond playing background to other characters. odd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just think it could be part of the reason why she's perceived as "snobby". Her time being praised as a Goddess contributes most to that of course. I just think that even Storm isn't completely immune to societies bullsh*t and the toll it takes. She's black, a woman, an immigrant (she was born in America but her being raised outside of it would make most perceive her as an immigrant), and to top it all off she's a mutant. All the crap she must put up with on the daily must be exhausting and take it's toll even on someone like Storm.
    I just think there is interesting story-potential there.
    I would definitely like to see the intersectionality of her being a woman, black and mutant explored more. It's something that has not been fully explored definitely by the xoffices. Coates' contributions in the regard makes it glaring obvious the deficiencies in this area from the xoffices. I again dont think it has to revolve around the idea of her needing to be perfect but I do think that there is interesting story potential there too. This can be looked at from both places of vulnerability and strength from her experiences as a black woman mutant.

BANNED

Isn't this part of the page where Storm gets totally mind humped by nanites sicced on her by a fellow mutant named Cassie Nova?
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-29-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    He already cemented himself as awesome for designing what has now become Storm's default costume for the modern era

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Mahmud Asrar's Storm is always beyond exquisite...every time!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!