Page 286 of 613 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

this was all Roma's power how does this translate to forge and storm?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    true BUT it never was explicitly shown why he feared ororo. forge we saw because he locked him away but it wasnt until coates that we fully understood where his fear of her was warranted

The Uncanny X-Men #221

I've always found this to be more than enough explanation despite what's depicted in Black Panther #172.

Incredible Member

I was pointing out the scan also had another meaning than what you used it for.
    It shows Roma is capable of reality/time warping on a reality scale.
    You see Storm requested for them to return to their original timeline but have Roma manipulate to think the X-men are still gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

The Uncanny X-Men #221

I've always found this to be more than enough explanation despite what's depicted in Black Panther #172.
    interesting. what specifically was explained from your perspective in this issue that would have made adversary fear ororo? he seemed to want to make her mind and body his own and aside from admiring the power that she possessed I didnt get the sense he feared her. not from this issue at least
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I wasn't trying to prove that the Adversary feared Ororo quite the opposite actually. If one reads UX-Men #220-224 you'd find that it was never about fear with the Adversary -- he factly knew that Forge and Ororo were both physical threats to his personal goal(s).

Incredible Member

I think he was just saying how powerful both Forge and Storm untapped spiritual powers were. He also went on to say them being humans didn't make them a threat they should have been

As we get into Black Panther Storm unlocked those Spiritual powers and became a god. Her body wasn't limited before according to the databook she has immeasurable stats along with other abilities

So Adversary knew of her untapped powers and quickly took her down fast

Back to Black Panther in more depth.. Adversary actually went under the name of Sefako the Twice-Risen God. Remember when he created that sentient storm that Ororo had to stop? He also opening the portals for the originals and more. Storm, BP, and others had to defeat.

Not only that he had a vessel working for him getting him more followers to that faith can increase his power.

So put all this together Adversary struck her down fast in Black Panther

I was watching the 1973 vampire film Ganja and Hess, and I was introduced to the actress Marlene Clark. She's absolutely stunning. I kept starring at her because she looked so familiar. Then I realized, she looks almost exactly like Dave Cockrum's rendition of Storm. The resemblance is pretty unmistakable. Maybe I'm just late, but that can't be a coincidence, can it?
    7500529d9d6e7b4ab3ace7fe6c1bf6a8.jpg m clark.jpeg 400full-marlene-clark.jpg

Somewhat back on topic;
    Upon her inevitable ascension, how does one venerate the Storm Goddess? What goes on her alter? Rubies? Switchblades?
    I guess the overall question I'm asking is what items do you associate the most with Storm and her story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post

Somewhat back on topic;
    Upon her inevitable ascension, how does one venerate the Storm Goddess? What goes on her alter? Rubies? Switchblades?
    I guess the overall question I'm asking is what items do you associate the most with Storm and her story?
    Lock-picks!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I was pointing out the scan also had another meaning than what you used it for.
    It shows Roma is capable of reality/time warping on a reality scale.
    You see Storm requested for them to return to their original timeline but have Roma manipulate to think the X-men are still gone.
    Please don't use Grand Design as canon. It is not 616 canon. It is its own thing. Use Claremont/Silvestri's original version only.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Please don't use Grand Design as canon. It is not 616 canon. It is its own thing. Use Claremont/Silvestri's original version only.
    but he said this?

“This cover represents the first graphic idea I had when considering this X-Men project. You can say that it was all building to this moment,” Piskor told SYFY WIRE. “The material covered in the pages of X-Tinction are the X-Men comics that are nearest and dearest to my heart (Marc Silvestri, Jim Lee era) but they are not infallible comics and lend well to a fair bit of retooling. When constructing the book I even found the perfect way to get X-Men: Grand Design to fit into the greater canon of X-Men lore. Stay tuned.”
    http://massmovement.co.uk/x-men-gran...ion-ed-piskor/

He can say whatever he wants. Claremont's run is Claremont's run. Piskor's mess is his mess. They are not the same. His is not canon.

This is discussion carried over from the Cyclops thread. Do people here think that Storm is the most respected leader on Krakoa? I said so and people there disagreed with me. I think in the absence of Scott, Storm would the most logical choice to take over as Captain Commander as I feel she has the experience is respected by most

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Absolutely.
    And not even "in the absence of Scott". She is a respected leader/mutant on Krakoa, period. Her place on the Quiet Council as well as her presence at the Arbor Magna ceremonies, especially, attest to her respectability.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I mean, Storm has whupped Mystique, Shaw, Emma, Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, and maybe even Exodus(off screen in that Carey/Bachelo issue?)'s butts before, and is super close with Xavier, Jean, and Kurt, so in a way, she would be the most respected leader on Krakoa, but I don't think the narrative has displayed that at all recently. She should be, she certainly could be, but she really hasn't been that kind of leader since Claremont's X-Treme/XSE era.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is discussion carried over from the Cyclops thread. Do people here think that Storm is the most respected leader on Krakoa? I said so and people there disagreed with me. I think in the absence of Scott, Storm would the most logical choice to take over as Captain Commander as I feel she has the experience is respected by most
    The most respected leader? I dont think anyone can definitively say; however, this demonstrates that she is respected by those on Krakoa:

I would probably say Xavier is the most respected leader as it was his vision and dream that resulted in the creation of Krakoa as a mutant nation.